• Last Updated:
  • Mar 8th, 2017 8:55 pm
[OP]
Dec 25, 2011
231 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto

Humber College Pre-admission testing for RPN & Paramedic for fall 2017

Has anyone done the Pre-admission testing at Humber north/lakeshore? I just received an email from humber stating that they're admission booking for the admission test is now open for Jan 2017.
Thought I'd get a head start and prepare early since I hear it's difficult to get in beacause they only accept a small percentage of people based on the test.
Does anyone happen to know if the testing for RPN & paramedic are similar?
6 replies
Feb 7, 2004
396 posts
90 upvotes
Haldimand
I can't comment on the tests personally but based on what I've heard the paramedic test has a lot of biology/chemistry. There have been some threads around here in the past regarding the test if you search for it. I think you need to decided which one you really want as they are two completely different careers. The paramedic program is tough with a high attrition rate across almost all colleges and landing a job is just as difficult.
Penalty Box
Apr 15, 2011
5621 posts
1013 upvotes
aGincourt
Labrie wrote:
Dec 23rd, 2016 8:04 am
I can't comment on the tests personally but based on what I've heard the paramedic test has a lot of biology/chemistry. There have been some threads around here in the past regarding the test if you search for it. I think you need to decided which one you really want as they are two completely different careers. The paramedic program is tough with a high attrition rate across almost all colleges and landing a job is just as difficult.
Or end up as a glorified taxi driver doing patient transfer for minimum wage Neutral Face
Feb 7, 2004
396 posts
90 upvotes
Haldimand
Even as a medic some days I feel like a taxi driver...
Jan 5, 2017
1 posts
My question is - did you get Complete Preparation Guide to Health Occupations Entrance Exams?
http://www.humber.ca/student-life/testi ... nt-testing
they say it's available at Humber Bookstore or at Amazon. But at Amazon are few similar books related to that
Which on is more relevant? I am very worried about this test. Don't really know what to expect.

Thanks ahead for the answer!
Images
  • h1.jpg
  • h2.jpg
  • h3.jpg
Mar 5, 2017
4 posts
Hello,

Anyone write the pre-admission test for this year ?

Any feedback? Was the test straight-forward, tricky?

Did you study from both resources: Sciencia and the HOAE book ?

Really nervous.

Thank You