Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Humble Bundle

HOT $15usd for ARMA 3 and older Arma versions

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 1st, 2017 5:39 pm
17 replies
Dec 26, 2016
183 posts
38 upvotes
Kitchener
Is this good bundle?
Haven't played arma series yet.
Jun 3, 2012
523 posts
338 upvotes
YORK
Sunshower wrote: Is this good bundle?
Haven't played arma series yet.
Suggest you youtube ARMA 3 video to get the idea of what you are getting yourself into. Its a loose military simulator. I have about 3k hrs of it. It has a steep initial learning curve but it can be tons of fun playing with friends or even playing single player. Edit; at $15 usd for arma 3 alone i think its the lowest price its ever been.
Jun 5, 2008
681 posts
414 upvotes
Montreal, QC
This is hot. I consider this game, even though very glitchy when mods get involved, the best game on the market today.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3334 upvotes
I would buy it for the campaign.. and the fact it don't look like a fast shooter but mostly tactical. how is the campaign or story on this?
Jun 5, 2008
681 posts
414 upvotes
Montreal, QC
waven101 wrote: I would buy it for the campaign.. and the fact it don't look like a fast shooter but mostly tactical. how is the campaign or story on this?
This is like the original rainbow six on steroids tactical wise. With tanks, choppers, jets, lasers and stuff.
Jun 3, 2012
523 posts
338 upvotes
YORK
waven101 wrote: I would buy it for the campaign.. and the fact it don't look like a fast shooter but mostly tactical. how is the campaign or story on this?
Some missions were forgettable, some were very re-playable
(my fav was the uav drone protect town mission-->
),

some missions just gave me ptsd. Here is the campaign.

and there are tons of great single player missions on steam for free. Also a variety of multiplayer styles of arma 3 like wasteland and even zombie versions of multiplayer similar to dayz.
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/brow ... ribers&p=1
Jan 29, 2017
74 posts
94 upvotes
Its a good deal just wish it had all the dlc instead of just carts. Bought anyways thanks op
Aug 23, 2007
200 posts
110 upvotes
London
Plus there are lots of quality community-made missions on Steam Workshop.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2011
3633 posts
444 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Gameplay is way slower than RS6, but actual movement is quicker. There are far more stances, there is a stamina/fatigue system implemented based on how much you're carrying and how long you've been moving without resting, weapons are much harder to control and recoil is higher than most games. Maps are large enough to be called terrains, and each terrain can actually contain several different environments, from sandy beaches on the coastline to rocky cliffs to dense urban areas to lush green forests. Arma is traditionally infantry-focused, but the developers are trying to change that by adding complexity and capability to tanks and jets in upcoming DLCs, further enhancing the potential of combined arms in the sandbox.

My gripe is that if you want to get the "full" game now, you'll still have to buy three DLCs plus the expansion, and that can bring you up to $60 on a single purchase.
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
1164 posts
701 upvotes
Perth
FYI - you better have a very high end gaming PC if you want decent playable framerates for multiplayer because the Arma series is very taxing on your system.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2011
3633 posts
444 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Yeah you'll need strong single-core CPU performance, along with fast memory and fast storage. Graphics isn't that important but resolution is. Any lower than 1080p and you'll have trouble distinguishing objects from units at a distance.
Mar 23, 2010
576 posts
471 upvotes
This is a great deal. The lowest i've seen is 50% off on steam. Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2012
2611 posts
2204 upvotes
Canada
Gooddeal2012 wrote: Suggest you youtube ARMA 3 video to get the idea of what you are getting yourself into. Its a loose military simulator. I have about 3k hrs of it. It has a steep initial learning curve but it can be tons of fun playing with friends or even playing single player. Edit; at $15 usd for arma 3 alone i think its the lowest price its ever been.
Woah Woah Woah you have spent 125 days of your life playing this game????? I aint gonna lie its a great game but damn thats a long time
Jun 3, 2012
523 posts
338 upvotes
YORK
jbone14 wrote: Woah Woah Woah you have spent 125 days of your life playing this game????? I aint gonna lie its a great game but damn thats a long time
True this is sad fact (checked it again 3061hrs). If only winters were shorter. I don't even play computer games once I can go outside with shorts on.
Jun 3, 2012
523 posts
338 upvotes
YORK
sneaky wrote: FYI - you better have a very high end gaming PC if you want decent playable framerates for multiplayer because the Arma series is very taxing on your system.
loserga wrote: Yeah you'll need strong single-core CPU performance, along with fast memory and fast storage. Graphics isn't that important but resolution is. Any lower than 1080p and you'll have trouble distinguishing objects from units at a distance.
High clocked/overclocked cpu helps greatly but some servers are FPS locked to 30 or 40 fps because you have 60-72 players online. I play with my lowly i7 920 and gtx 670 and because of this I had to modify my gaming tactics to be more sniper based vs high fps CQC. But I do play with view distance 2km+. If you are lucky to have higher end system then you can add sound mods like JSRS to enhance the gameplay without much of FPS hit.

If you prefer to play mostly CQC multiplayer you should lower you view distance and other settings and increase your FOV. But you will lose the eye candy.

Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2011
3633 posts
444 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
I usually play on highly-populated (60-90 players) vanilla King of the Hill and Invade and Annex servers, which don't have an FPS cap. My frames can range from 3 FPS (that bug) all the way up to 60 FPS.

I never set infantry view distance higher than 1500m. In KoTH it's usually 500m, while for Invade and Annex 1000m is usually enough to see anything before it gets within engagement range.

There's a lot of vanilla servers which disallow even client-side mods like JSRS, so I usually leave all my mods off unless I'm entering a modded server.
Jun 3, 2012
523 posts
338 upvotes
YORK
loserga wrote: I usually play on highly-populated (60-90 players) vanilla King of the Hill and Invade and Annex servers, which don't have an FPS cap. My frames can range from 3 FPS (that bug) all the way up to 60 FPS.

I never set infantry view distance higher than 1500m. In KoTH it's usually 500m, while for Invade and Annex 1000m is usually enough to see anything before it gets within engagement range.

There's a lot of vanilla servers which disallow even client-side mods like JSRS, so I usually leave all my mods off unless I'm entering a modded server.
Good point about server mod incompatibility. I use arma3sync for example to click what I want to turn on/off depending if I am going to play multiplayer/single/player, home wasteland server.
http://imgur.com/a/FTA9v

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)