Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Humble Bundle

Humble Down Under Bundle

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2017 2:53 pm
Sep 6, 2016
343 posts
440 upvotes
Calgary

Humble Down Under Bundle

Deal Link:
Price:
$.01
Retailer:
Humble Bundle
I noticed something different about the 'Pay What You Want' option in this bundle. In most bundles, the minimum is US$1. However in this bundle it's 1 cent. (Note: 20 cents is the minimum for credit card payments, so the 1 cent is probably available through Paypal -- I didn't test it.)

This is what's in the Pay What You Want bundle:
  • The Warlock of Firetop Mountain (tabletop game)
  • Screencheat (party game)
  • Hand of Fate (card game RPG)
  • Satellite Reign (cyberpunk RTS)

Not too shabby, especially if you need a party game like Screencheat. Plus all of them are available DRM free! (Edit: Steam keys are available for minimum $1).

I actually got the mid tier bundle for U$3 and change, which included Hacknet and some others. Then I got this Pay What You Want bundle for a few cents to give to my brother. I couldn't bring myself to pay just one cent :)
Last edited by kbear99 on Oct 18th, 2017 1:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Russia/Putin/Cronies must pay for all damages to Ukraine and her people. Let's start with seized assets
14 replies
Dec 24, 2007
483 posts
192 upvotes
Vancouver
We were allowed to get the first tier for $0.01 in the past but to get steam keys you need to pay at least $1. This bundle doesn't appear to be any different.
Sep 6, 2016
343 posts
440 upvotes
Calgary
You are probably right. However I don't think 1 cent has been available on many bundles. The ones I've looked at before were minimum $1.

I didn't think Steam keys were relevant when you can have DRM free, but it might still be relevant for some people so thanks for pointing that out.
Russia/Putin/Cronies must pay for all damages to Ukraine and her people. Let's start with seized assets
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2017
1909 posts
2095 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
The Warlock looks pretty cool, actually. The others I likely will never try, though.

Thanks!
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Dec 24, 2007
483 posts
192 upvotes
Vancouver
kbear99 wrote: You are probably right. However I don't think 1 cent has been available on many bundles. The ones I've looked at before were minimum $1.

I didn't think Steam keys were relevant when you can have DRM free, but it might still be relevant for some people so thanks for pointing that out.
Yeah it is hard to argue when the price for DRM free is so low. I personally like having steam keys to get steam trading cards.
Nov 20, 2016
312 posts
364 upvotes
Victoria BC
I've played two of the bundled games and I think it's a great price! Thoughts below if anyone's on the fence.

Hacknet is super fun - I definitely recommend it. It's approachable without programming experience if anyone's worried about that.

I don't have many hours in Armello, but I do like it. The art is lovely and it's a board game/card game mix. You do spend a lot of time waiting for NPC turns though which gets tiring.
Oct 16, 2017
8 posts
I have a few of these games from the bundle, and they make the bundles worth it for sure.

Hand of Fate is an interesting mix of RPG / Card Game / Action. Dungeons are built randomly by a card master and you have to make decisions to try finish the dungeon. Combat is a little janky as it goes into a 3D fighter with Arkham-like combat, but the overall game is very enjoyable.

Crawl is a great party game where 1 person tries to go through the dungeon as a hero, while everyone else tries to kill them by becoming monsters or taking over traps. Whoever kills the hero then becomes the hero themself. The game adds all sorts of leveling up aspects for both the hero and the monsters.

Armello is a great digital board game that can be played multiplayer online or with bots.

Hoping these bundles won't go down the drain now that they're partnered with IGN....
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2016
1880 posts
2183 upvotes
Never heard of these games until today. But Warlock Firetop and Satellite Reign looks interesting.
Best shopping deals I got from here:
Asus Zenfone 3 Zoom $300, ZTE Blade V8 Pro $175, Fluld 55' 4k TV $360
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2010
1733 posts
789 upvotes
Dammit. I bought Satellite Reign awhile back and paid about $12 for it. It's decent but it's a little more complex than Syndicate Wars and not as satisfying to me. Still, great deal.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2008
4246 posts
1670 upvotes
Belle River
CCHIPSS wrote: Never heard of these games until today. But Warlock Firetop and Satellite Reign looks interesting.
If anyone is a fan of the old 1990's Syndicate games, Satellite Reign was made to be a spiritual successor.
Sep 6, 2016
343 posts
440 upvotes
Calgary
Just started playing with a Raspberry Pi for the first time. Out of curiosity I tried installing Warlock on the Pi (model 3B), but it wouldn't run. Then I installed it on a VM on my PC (based on the same Raspbian) and it was able to run (although a bit laggy and had no sound -- probably my setup). The VM has 4GB ram assigned to it so perhaps the 1GB on the Model 3B is not enough.

Anyone have any luck running any of the other games in the first or second tier of this bundle on a Raspberry Pi?
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39293 posts
6324 upvotes
Winnipeg
Paulmolive wrote: Yeah it is hard to argue when the price for DRM free is so low. I personally like having steam keys to get steam trading cards.
always go for the key, there is value of having steam manage your game library instead of having it placed in random folders and eventually forgotten, even worse decades ago on cds, they get lost so easily.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39293 posts
6324 upvotes
Winnipeg
OutsideYourWorld wrote: The Warlock looks pretty cool, actually. The others I likely will never try, though.

Thanks!
how do you find the game? I tried and got destroyed hard, seems like you can die in any battle just like dark souls.
Sep 6, 2016
343 posts
440 upvotes
Calgary
divx wrote: always go for the key, there is value of having steam manage your game library instead of having it placed in random folders and eventually forgotten, even worse decades ago on cds, they get lost so easily.
Good point. If you have other sources besides steam, I find gmail very convenient to organise everything. Great for when you need to quickly look up if you have a game already or not. You can also use tags and nested tags for detailed categorisation.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
39293 posts
6324 upvotes
Winnipeg
kbear99 wrote: Good point. If you have other sources besides steam, I find gmail very convenient to organise everything. Great for when you need to quickly look up if you have a game already or not. You can also use tags and nested tags for detailed categorisation.
i bought some game twice before, one game 3 times