Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Humble Bundle

Humble Monthly - Rise of the Tomb Raider + More Games Later - $12 USD

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 15th, 2017 12:33 am
Jun 2, 2003
752 posts
125 upvotes
Cambridge

Humble Monthly - Rise of the Tomb Raider + More Games Later - $12 USD

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
September 30, 2017
Retailer:
Humble Bundle
Humble Bundle Early Unlock - Rise of the Tomb Raider + More Games Later for $12 USD

The unlocks for Aug 2017:
Killing Floor 2
Banner Saga 2
Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight
Worms W.M.D
Stories Untold
Hacky Zack
Eterium
Volantia
19 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2011
2123 posts
1605 upvotes
Montreal
Definitely in for Rise of the Tomb Raider. Been waiting for it to get a little cheaper.
Sep 6, 2014
161 posts
53 upvotes
Lethbridge, AB
Man I wish I had gotten the key for that Eterium I'd like to take a modern version of wing commander and the like
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
1542 posts
986 upvotes
Vancouver
Just finished Rise of the Tomb Raider. Highly recommend it.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3740 posts
3503 upvotes
I didn't join in for this month but wish I had for Banner Saga 2, been waiting to play that!
Rise of the Tomb Raider is a steal at this price!
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2009
1058 posts
281 upvotes
Hamilton
Gordo81 wrote: Man I wish I had gotten the key for that Eterium I'd like to take a modern version of wing commander and the like
I have it. You have anything to trade?
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3740 posts
3503 upvotes
KC108 wrote: Did you play the prequel before you played it?
I did, but it's not necessary at all.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
9299 posts
10313 upvotes
Rise of the Tomb Raider is simply an awful game. It's generic as hell and is a perfect example of everything that is wrong with AAA big budget game development. It's linear and full of cinematics and quick time events. It's an obvious Uncharted clone.

Other than that, the only way to get decent games out of Humble Bundles now is to subscribe to the monthly bundles. It's very obvious that all the quality games go in them. If you look at the regular bundles in the last year or so, the drop in quality has been extremely steep.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2007
3740 posts
3503 upvotes
KC108 wrote: You read my mind. Did you enjoy the first or the second game better?
The second. They're both good, but the second is just more...evolved.
Oct 14, 2013
906 posts
1914 upvotes
Poutinesauce wrote: Rise of the Tomb Raider is simply an awful game. It's generic as hell and is a perfect example of everything that is wrong with AAA big budget game development. It's linear and full of cinematics and quick time events. It's an obvious Uncharted clone.

Other than that, the only way to get decent games out of Humble Bundles now is to subscribe to the monthly bundles. It's very obvious that all the quality games go in them. If you look at the regular bundles in the last year or so, the drop in quality has been extremely steep.
Uncharted 4 could've taken notes on Rise of the Tomb Raider IMO.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
1542 posts
986 upvotes
Vancouver
KC108 wrote: Did you play the prequel before you played it?
Bought the prequel last year when it was $7. :) But there's little to no relevance between the two games.

Gameplay wise, both are similar. I just liked the more current one cause the graphics were better.
May 31, 2016
613 posts
602 upvotes
$15 Canadian. Base game only, no DLC.

The anniversary edition on Steam, with all DLC was $28 on Steam last sale.

The lowest sale price on season pass alone was $13. Current price is $32.

Eeeehhh I think I'll skip it. The secret humble bundle monthly games never appeal to me and I don't like waiting months to buy the dlc at a reasonable price and going back into games, prefer to do them all at once. The Steam price will drop next sale anyway.

If all you want is the base game, no DLC, it's a good deal.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2011
2123 posts
1605 upvotes
Montreal
The season pass is currently discounted on the Square Enix store here for USD$12.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
Wow just when I was about to cancel my Humble Monthly given I was fairly disappointed in the crap* of the past three months, I guess this is the "reel you back in" month, lol. I guess they have me for another month at least haha.

*Crap is a bit subjective here...I mean there has been okay stuff in the past few months but it just wasn't anything I was that interested in myself.

Of course I guess I could have just cancelled until another good month came along, right? I mean you are allowed to just cancel and subscribe any time, right?
Poutinesauce wrote: Rise of the Tomb Raider is simply an awful game. It's generic as hell and is a perfect example of everything that is wrong with AAA big budget game development. It's linear and full of cinematics and quick time events. It's an obvious Uncharted clone.

Obviously this is a bit of nonsense. Haven't really seen any professional review state anything near that. Also, Uncharted clone? Um hi pot...this is kettle much? Uncharted itself was originally considered a bit of a TR ripoff in general. TR was a franchise (a game with multiple sequels) before the first Uncharted was a thought in anyone's mind. This is almost as bad as calling a Donkey Kong game a "Mario clone" lol (or clone of any other platformer at all for that matter!). I suppose french fries are an "obvious clone" of poutine as well, eh? :lol:

Poutinesauce wrote: Other than that, the only way to get decent games out of Humble Bundles now is to subscribe to the monthly bundles. It's very obvious that all the quality games go in them. If you look at the regular bundles in the last year or so, the drop in quality has been extremely steep.
I do tend to agree with this though--it's true there have been very few good Humble Bundles-proper since the advent of monthly. Oh but hey what am I thinking 'cause Humble Bundle? Man those suck...such an obvious Humble Monthly clone! :lol: jokes
fpenguin wrote: Supports Mac?
LOL Mac :lol:
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3334 upvotes
is this the game plus dlc or you have to pay more for dlc