Expired Hot Deals

[Humble Bundle] Sweet Farm Game Bundle (Includes Stardew Valley)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2020 12:56 am
[OP]
Dec 19, 2019
78 posts
477 upvotes

Sweet Farm Game Bundle (Includes Stardew Valley)

Deal Link:
Retailer:
Humble Bundle
$1 Tier ($1.30 CAD):

Niche - a genetics survival game
MagiCat
Evergarden

$7.33 (CA$9.58) Tier:

Equilinox
Ultimate Chicken Horse
Samorost 3

$10 (CA$13.07) Tier:

Stardew Valley

Extras:

10% off your first month of Humble Choice
Niche Soundtrack
MagiCat Soundtrack

Proceeds go to Sweet Farm charity.
Posting Hot Deals, In America!
14 replies
Mar 25, 2015
32 posts
62 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
Stardew Valley is an amazing game and despite already playing it on my PC, it's the only game I play on my Switch, can't recommend enough.

It's compared a lot to Harvest Moon for those of you that don't know.

It's farming (planting, watering, harvesting crops for a profit) and collecting (fishing, mining, farming, other stuff), and role-playing (make friends, get married, have kids), and it's full of Easter Eggs, has a long story progression arc, seasonal events, amazing soundtrack and more.

It's rated Overwhelmingly Positive on the Steam store and the creator continuously puts out free updates, there's even multiplayer online to play with up to 4 friends now.
Sep 6, 2005
925 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
jdawgg94 wrote: Stardew Valley is an amazing game and despite already playing it on my PC, it's the only game I play on my Switch, can't recommend enough.

It's compared a lot to Harvest Moon for those of you that don't know.

It's farming (planting, watering, harvesting crops for a profit) and collecting (fishing, mining, farming, other stuff), and role-playing (make friends, get married, have kids), and it's full of Easter Eggs, has a long story progression arc, seasonal events, amazing soundtrack and more.

It's rated Overwhelmingly Positive on the Steam store and the creator continuously puts out free updates, there's even multiplayer online to play with up to 4 friends now.
Is the multiplay on the switch or just PC only?

and just curious, is it a game that is ongoing with no ending, or a new game is required at every session? How would the online portion work? Sorry for all the questions!
MY HEATWARE 8-0-0

100% Ebay Feedback!
Mar 25, 2015
32 posts
62 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
booboi wrote: Is the multiplay on the switch or just PC only?

and just curious, is it a game that is ongoing with no ending, or a new game is required at every session? How would the online portion work? Sorry for all the questions!
Hey no problem! Multiplayer was introduced in version 1.3 (first on PC) but right now the Switch is on 1.4.3, so both!

More a game with no ending, I'd say, there's a linear story that you complete after a couple or few in-game years, but you can continue to build stuff, farm it up, fish, collect, interact with villagers and pretty much do all the same stuff after it's complete.

The seasonal events do repeat annually so you do them a few times each by the end of the game, but most of them have an element of changing, so it's a different experience somewhat each time.

I've restarted my farm and played the game differently a few times though (marrying different person, building a different kind of farm.) There's an obviously good main story path to follow and optionally a worse (morally and gameplay-wise) one you can pick (most people never do though lol), so there's arguably so replayability for that as well.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4331 posts
1526 upvotes
Stardew was a game I could only play once (shortly after release), but a great game overall. I've heard there are some amazing workshop mods that add tons of content.
I'd say it's one of those must-play games on PC, sort of like Terraria is too.
:arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowd:
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19472 posts
4614 upvotes
Thornhill
Ultimate Chicken Horse is a fantastic multiplayer game!
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2015
1309 posts
778 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Damit how is Stardew Valley holding its price so well after 4 years
Sep 6, 2005
925 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
jdawgg94 wrote: Hey no problem! Multiplayer was introduced in version 1.3 (first on PC) but right now the Switch is on 1.4.3, so both!

More a game with no ending, I'd say, there's a linear story that you complete after a couple or few in-game years, but you can continue to build stuff, farm it up, fish, collect, interact with villagers and pretty much do all the same stuff after it's complete.

The seasonal events do repeat annually so you do them a few times each by the end of the game, but most of them have an element of changing, so it's a different experience somewhat each time.

I've restarted my farm and played the game differently a few times though (marrying different person, building a different kind of farm.) There's an obviously good main story path to follow and optionally a worse (morally and gameplay-wise) one you can pick (most people never do though lol), so there's arguably so replayability for that as well.
Is there a "local" multiplayer option? or the multiplayer is only through online? (for the Switch mainly).
MY HEATWARE 8-0-0

100% Ebay Feedback!
Mar 25, 2015
32 posts
62 upvotes
Sudbury, ON
booboi wrote: Is there a "local" multiplayer option? or the multiplayer is only through online? (for the Switch mainly).
I honestly wasn't 100% sure on this one as I've only personally played multiplayer on PC, but this article says there is also a local multiplayer mode that does not require the Switch online membership
Mar 18, 2011
68 posts
40 upvotes
Montreal, QC
booboi wrote: Is there a "local" multiplayer option? or the multiplayer is only through online? (for the Switch mainly).
There is a local option, but you still need multiple switch consoles. You cannot play together on one screen.
I also had some issues with the local connection, so my hubby and I play "Online", even tho we are next to each other. :P
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2007
1951 posts
434 upvotes
Kitchener
lol, I thought it was a deal on meat as in game bundle of moose, duck, boar etc. Senior's moment.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2013
1047 posts
738 upvotes
Toronto
At least this charity bundle had a $1 tier and I got that and the MagiCat looks like playable 2D platform game while the other two are meh for me at least. As for Stardew Valley rave reviews and it seems everyone has played it but eh not my cup of tea like the two games I got with MagiCat but for people that like that sort of game a great chance to get it now with other things and donate to charity. In regards to the charity I don't know much about them but added them on Facebook and going to start doing that from now on as so to track what these actual charities I don't know do or don't do. Not sure if I can go back and see charities I have donated to before but if I can going to add those too. It is good to see how the money is being spent.
Sep 6, 2005
925 posts
50 upvotes
Toronto
_jaspeh_ wrote: There is a local option, but you still need multiple switch consoles. You cannot play together on one screen.
I also had some issues with the local connection, so my hubby and I play "Online", even tho we are next to each other. :P
Thank you!! May get the PC option then :)
MY HEATWARE 8-0-0

100% Ebay Feedback!
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2009
1015 posts
299 upvotes
For stardew lovers who have finished the game, or at least done all you can think to do on your farm, there is a very good mod expansion that adds a whole new chapter to the game:
Stardew Valley Expanded is a free expansion for ConcernedApe's Stardew Valley. This mod features 21 new locations, 108 new character events, 7 new NPCs, a new village, 750 location messages, reimagined maps and festivals (all maps), a huge remastered farm map, a new world map reflecting all changes, and many miscellaneous additions!
https://www.nexusmods.com/stardewvalley/mods/3753
Banned
Dec 29, 2019
55 posts
11 upvotes
From the erasers, kids can learn to draw the pictures of these different animals.