Hot Deals

[HumbleBundle.com] Corel Painter, PaintShop Pro, Pinnacle Studio, more ($1.33 to $33.28) - Extended

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 16th, 2019 2:13 pm
Oct 22, 2005
595 posts
166 upvotes
Toronto
funkdoobi wrote:
Oct 10th, 2019 3:11 pm
The page is showing 6 days left to purchase for me, but when i hit get bundle, nothing happens?... Nowhere to enter in a amount to donate or aynthing..
When I hit get the bundle...it takes me to the very bottom of the webpage and you can choose your amount/bundle or custom payment option...
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1767 posts
388 upvotes
Toronto
pendragon wrote:
Oct 10th, 2019 3:32 pm
When I hit get the bundle...it takes me to the very bottom of the webpage and you can choose your amount/bundle or custom payment option...
Not loading for me for some weird reason, haha. Tried internet explorer, firefox, chrome. weird.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
1778 posts
1036 upvotes
funkdoobi wrote:
Oct 10th, 2019 4:23 pm
Not loading for me for some weird reason, haha. Tried internet explorer, firefox, chrome. weird.
Are you using a VPN?
[OP]
Jul 1, 2009
330 posts
569 upvotes
pendragon wrote:
Oct 10th, 2019 3:32 pm
If you are logged in to your humble account try logging out. Then close the tab and re-open it with the link in the first post. Click the "GET THE BUNDLE" button which should take you to the bottom of the page. You should see this:
humble_purchase.jpg

That should let you choose "$23", "$25" or "Custom Amount" options (US dollars). After you pick your amount you can click the "Choose where your money goes" text to get this:
humble_money.jpg

From that you can change the sliders to set how much goes to charity, humble or Corel. Finally, click the Paypal (or pay with card) button to start the purchase. It'll then ask you to log in with your Humble account.

Good luck!
[OP]
Jul 1, 2009
330 posts
569 upvotes
JasonToronto wrote:
Oct 9th, 2019 11:17 pm
Problem solved. I need to disable the Hardware acceleration in the preview in order for it to work. Corel support is very helpful and knowledgeable. They knew exactly what I was talking about. Perhaps, this is a known issue. Hopefully, they will come up with a fix soon.
I've had to disable hardware acceleration on a few laptops with older intel only graphics and one with an older nvidia geforce but all of my newer desktops and laptops run with hardware acceleration enabled (editing 4k) really well. I guess it just depends on the graphics card. Glad you figured out the solution with Corel quickly as I'm sure it was frustrating.
Mar 11, 2014
6 posts
1 upvote
Just wondering if anyone can confirm the serials for Aftershot worked for Mac. Since paintshop is not available I'd like to atleast get Lightroom equivalent.

Thanks
Penalty Box
Aug 26, 2001
17113 posts
682 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
Apparently they've run out of Gravit Designer PRO keys, but they're working on getting more soon.
Sep 19, 2017
367 posts
204 upvotes
Moncton
Damnit!!! Why did they have to extend this? I managed to hold off during the first term (I've got PSP 8X ultimate and only ever seem to use my LR 5 install) but broke down and grabbed the deal for an updated PSP along with Painter and the video editing software once they extended it. Again... I have my doubts I'll ever get much use out of them, but I'm a sucker for a deal and it is after all a canadian company. :)
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom @ $299 / Certified Pre-Owned Huawei P20 @ $240 / Huawei P20 + Huawei Watch GT @ $240
[OP]
Jul 1, 2009
330 posts
569 upvotes
sswilson wrote:
Oct 11th, 2019 9:10 pm
Damnit!!! Why did they have to extend this? I managed to hold off during the first term (I've got PSP 8X ultimate and only ever seem to use my LR 5 install) but broke down and grabbed the deal for an updated PSP along with Painter and the video editing software once they extended it. Again... I have my doubts I'll ever get much use out of them, but I'm a sucker for a deal and it is after all a canadian company. :)
I had completely forgotten they were Canadian... you triggered a memory of mine. I used to use WordPerfect and Quattro Pro back in the 80s and once visited their headquarters in Ottawa back then during a software conference. Thanks for dislodging that memory in my old brain. Happy to support a Canadian company as well.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2006
2364 posts
330 upvotes
JasonToronto wrote:
Oct 9th, 2019 11:17 pm
Problem solved. I need to disable the Hardware acceleration in the preview in order for it to work. Corel support is very helpful and knowledgeable. They knew exactly what I was talking about. Perhaps, this is a known issue. Hopefully, they will come up with a fix soon.
Is it running slow for you with 4K? I have a pretty powerful laptop (i7-7700hq and GTX 1060) but editing 4K 60fps is extremely slow and laggy. Tried to find the smart proxy option but looks like only available in the multi cam editor... Not sure if those proxies get used when going back to regular editor.
Sep 19, 2017
367 posts
204 upvotes
Moncton
A bit of an aside, and I'm debating whether or not to create a thread, but for anybody considering a budget drawing tablet to go with this software I did a bit of research and came up with this "deal" over on Amazon.ca for a Huion H610 Pro V2 that came out to $71 all-in after the coupon and free shipping are applied.....

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00GWYYXV0/ref ... 70_TE_item

Seems to be reasonably well reviewed as a decent sized budget drawing tablet, and most reviews I've seen suggest that the only real difference between the more recent product (1060 plus) is the number of physical buttons so I sided with the $20 - $30 savings rather than grabbing the more recent product.
Elrondolio wrote:
Oct 12th, 2019 10:03 am
I had completely forgotten they were Canadian... you triggered a memory of mine. I used to use WordPerfect and Quattro Pro back in the 80s and once visited their headquarters in Ottawa back then during a software conference. Thanks for dislodging that memory in my old brain. Happy to support a Canadian company as well.

As far as Corel being a Canadian company goes... I also spent a bit of time with word perfect back in the day, and was gobsmacked when the federal goverment chose microsoft's Office line over Corel's business suite.
Koodo 8GB UL T&T @ $45 (ported in from Public Mobile)
ASUS Zenfone 3 Zoom @ $299 / Certified Pre-Owned Huawei P20 @ $240 / Huawei P20 + Huawei Watch GT @ $240
Mar 1, 2015
14 posts
6 upvotes
North York, ON
Mine is a desktop. It is not too slow for me. My 4K is 30fps. The export time is shorter than the video time itself.
[OP]
Jul 1, 2009
330 posts
569 upvotes
Deals Deals Deals wrote:
Oct 12th, 2019 11:40 am
Is it running slow for you with 4K? I have a pretty powerful laptop (i7-7700hq and GTX 1060) but editing 4K 60fps is extremely slow and laggy. Tried to find the smart proxy option but looks like only available in the multi cam editor... Not sure if those proxies get used when going back to regular editor.
I don't have an issue with speed of editing @4k60 here on multiple systems (desktop and laptop, both i7s with 2070's). Maybe contact Corel and see if they have any ideas?
Aug 19, 2009
292 posts
138 upvotes
Thanks OP for lots helpful info. Any thoughts on Pinnacle vs Vegas vs Davinci Resolve?
I thought RFD was supposed to help me SAVE money .... -__-|
Zoomer, Fido, ING (Tangerine sounds so weird >.>)
Carrytel internet is only good if you do NOT game. Do not get Carrytel if you do, you WILL regret it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)