[Humblebundle] Tacoma FREE

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2019 1:43 am
14 replies
Sep 4, 2007
935 posts
349 upvotes
How's this game?
I'm at the point where I'm not even bothering adding free games to my Steam if they have 0 potential...just makes sorting my list more bothersome lol
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
6247 posts
1074 upvotes
amerilia wrote:
Mar 21st, 2019 3:02 pm
I found a steam key when I scrolled down to Tacoma at https://www.humblebundle.com/home/library . I don't believe I owned it (it is possible that I did before), but it is worth checking to see if it is there, as I was able to use it in Steam.
I only see a download in my library
Jul 11, 2018
35 posts
108 upvotes
It was previosuly released for free in Twich prime, but DRM free or steam is better. Nice mystery/walking simulator.
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
31372 posts
2774 upvotes
Winnipeg
what kind game is a walking simulator?
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2003
1102 posts
170 upvotes
Mississauga
In case this helps:
Tacoma is a narrative adventure set aboard a high-tech space station in the year 2088. As you go about your mission, you’ll explore every detail of how the station’s crew lived and worked, finding the clues that add up to a gripping story of trust, fear, and resolve in the face of disaster.

At the heart of Tacoma is the facility’s digital surveillance system, which has captured 3D recordings of pivotal moments in the crew’s life on the station. As you explore, echoes of these captured moments surround you. You’ll use your ability to rewind, fast-forward, and move through the physical space of these complex, interwoven scenes to examine events from every angle, reconstructing the multi-layered narrative as you explore.

Tacoma is the next game from the creators of Gone Home, and carries on that tradition of detailed, immersive, and powerful storytelling, while pulling players deeper into the narrative than ever before.
A Compact Narrative Game:
Tacoma is estimated to take around 2 to 5 hours to complete. How deep you dig and how much detail you find is up to you. Tacoma is a non-combat, non-puzzle-focused game. The details of the story and gameworld are there for you to discover at your own pace.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2004
2728 posts
337 upvotes
Montreal
Any clarification if the download link will ever expire? Usually these offers have a date limit attached to it for how long you can download it for.
An RFDer and his credit card number are soon parted.
Jan 3, 2007
357 posts
107 upvotes
I just realized I already got this one from Feb2018 humble monthly. And I looked at the developer's name and found out it's the same one that made Gone Home, that's like one of my favorite game of all time.

Can someone that played both Gone Home and this one comment on whether this one play and feels like Gone Home's narrative style? I might actually wanna try this one out...even there are always backlogs of games.
Aug 29, 2012
106 posts
70 upvotes
WINNIPEG
So I downloaded it but what program do I need to run it?
May 24, 2007
952 posts
425 upvotes
London, ON
themikewoo wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2019 12:31 am
So I downloaded it but what program do I need to run it?
Assuming you're on Windows: You extract the contents of the .zip file into a folder. Then from that folder, run "Tacoma.exe" to play the game.

That's it. Doesn't use a client like Steam; doesn't even need an installer.