• May 31st, 2007 12:01 pm
Tags:
None
Mar 5, 2007
614 posts

Hungry every 2 hours. help

Every 2 hours I get hungry.

I don't know why.

I eat dinner around 7pm and around 9:30 pm i am ready for another snack or meal (noodles, cake, and etc)

Do you guys get hungry every 2 hours? or am i weird?
46 replies
Mar 30, 2007
11 posts
Thornhill
Are you in your teens?

When I was younger, I used to eat every few hours too. And not just snacks either, but full meals. Breakfast in the morning, lunch, after school meal, then dinner with family and then instant noodles at night.

I can't do that anymore without gaining weight. I say, keep eating if you're body can handle it.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2005
1053 posts
5 upvotes
Toronto
Some days i'm constantly hungry.. some days I don't have an appetite at all..

if this is a sudden change, and you're gaining weight as a result of overeating and still being hungry, it could be medical, psychological.. anything in your life change recently?

I would say the younger you are, the less you should worry..
[OP]
Mar 5, 2007
614 posts
aenigma wrote:
Apr 1st, 2007 12:05 am
Are you in your teens?

When I was younger, I used to eat every few hours too. And not just snacks either, but full meals. Breakfast in the morning, lunch, after school meal, then dinner with family and then instant noodles at night.

I can't do that anymore without gaining weight. I say, keep eating if you're body can handle it.
I'm around 20.

I eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, then noodles or whatever i find in the fridge. As I type right now, i'm getting hungry again. lol. i just ate 4 pieces of mcnugguts an hour ago.
Mar 30, 2007
11 posts
Thornhill
MS_Project wrote:
Apr 1st, 2007 12:13 am
I'm around 20.

I eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, then noodles or whatever i find in the fridge. As I type right now, i'm getting hungry again. lol. i just ate 4 pieces of mcnugguts an hour ago.
I envy you.
Mar 6, 2007
74 posts
Is it really hunger or are you trying to fill a need...say as a way to cope with stress, boredom, sadness, etc?
When you say you are hungry, is your stomach grumbling, feeling empty?
If not, then you could be like so many of us and are eating emotionally.
Just a thought to keep in mind. I agree with also checking out if you have a physical issue such as thyroid, etc. Age also plays a factor.
Are you finding you are putting on extra weight as a result?
What life changes are you currently undergoing?
Some questions to also ask yourself.
Good luck!
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2005
2445 posts
1 upvote
MS_Project wrote:
Mar 31st, 2007 11:53 pm
Every 2 hours I get hungry.

I don't know why.

I eat dinner around 7pm and around 9:30 pm i am ready for another snack or meal (noodles, cake, and etc)

Do you guys get hungry every 2 hours? or am i weird?
It could be a disease state, like hyperthyroidism. Should check with a doc if its get too serious.
现实的社会,毁了我一个做好人的机会。
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2006
3810 posts
46 upvotes
How many times do you "make" on average daily?
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
17602 posts
732 upvotes
Brampton
i'm the same way... doobage will do that :p
come troll our unofficial chatroom at #redflagdeals on EFnet
Mar 23, 2006
418 posts
5 upvotes
I'm hardly the one to give advice, since I'm a little overweight myself, but here goes.

I have the same problem as you.

What you're feeling probably isn't really hunger. You're really just feeling thirsty and dehydrated. My advice is to drink plenty of fluids, like water or tea. It's recommended that the average adult male drinks 12 cups of water a day. A little obsessive you think? I agree. I personally keep a brita jug full of water by my desk though, and whenever I'm feeling a little thirsty or hungry I'll drink a glass of water and it'll fix me right up. Try this for the next week and you should see improvement. And obviously if you exercise, you'll consume more water, but try to use watered downed gatorade for when you exercise.

In terms of eating often. Well, that's actually healthier for you than eating fewer times but more. Eating snacks throughout the day will keep your metabolism up. If possible, you should consider eating more, but smaller meal, or have the 3 meals slightly smaller, and incorporate snacks inbetween..
Jan 1, 2005
561 posts
53 upvotes
Montreal
you're not hungry, your worms are :rolleyes:
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13265 posts
228 upvotes
Midland
Are you eating a lot of carbohydrates?
I say this because when I went on the Atkins Diet a few years ago (and lost 84 lbs in 9 months), when I ate proteins and fats, rather than carbs I wouldn't even feel any normal hunger for hours. It was amazing how I never felt really hungry.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
Dec 28, 2006
778 posts
93 upvotes
gordholio wrote:
Apr 1st, 2007 4:43 pm
Are you eating a lot of carbohydrates?
I say this because when I went on the Atkins Diet a few years ago (and lost 84 lbs in 9 months), when I ate proteins and fats, rather than carbs I wouldn't even feel any normal hunger for hours. It was amazing how I never felt really hungry.
Quick biology lesson:

When you eat high fat foods what happens is as the food starts to enter the duodenam (first part of small intestine) your body releases a hormone that tells the stomach to let the food sit in the stomach longer so your duodenam has the time to properly digest the food (needs bile salts from the liver to break the fats down). That is why you feel "full", even hours after eating fatty food and why you're hungry an hour or two after you eat something low in fat, like chinese food (because the duodenam isn't detecting much fat it just tells your stomach to let the food keep coming in, it can deal with it quickly. So your stomach empties quickly).

The problem with the "Atkinns diet" is that you're much more likely to be eating lots of saturated fats and when you eat a lot of them, your arteries will be more likely to clog up//clog up quicker.

The only miracle diet is to eat a balance of foods, all in moderation, eat lots of vegetables, be active and drink lots of water. You're hungry? Have a bag of mini carrots or something nearby, I find I can munch on them mindlessly throughout the day and I'm not tempted to go make myself a cheesy sandwich ^.^
× < >