Home & Garden

Husky Storm Central Vacuum any good @ Costco?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 26th, 2017 2:15 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Sep 1, 2014
393 posts
112 upvotes
Calgary

Husky Storm Central Vacuum any good @ Costco?

I did a search on rfd but nothing came up... Oddly enough even google search for reviews didn't bring up anything either. I need a central vac for my new house and most people here seem to like Cana-vac. My home is 2500sq not including the basement of course, and based on some comments I should be looking for a central vac with at least 700 airwatts.

Husky-Storm Central Vac @ costco has really good reviews and due to costco's return policy I'm leaning towards this one plus its priced at $750. Install Kit is another $85.00

http://www.costco.ca/Husky-Storm-Centra ... 10168.html

If anyone has purchased this or knows about it I would love to hear your thoughts.
111 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2006
4314 posts
344 upvotes
Burlington, Ontario
Just keep in mind that Airwatts doesn't mean a lot and completely falls apart when the machine is under load.. meaning actually trying to suck something through the hose.
Audio - Video - Data - Security - This is what I do
Feb 6, 2015
13 posts
3 upvotes
Woodbridge, ON
We bought this vacuum in October for our home (new construction). It is a fantastic Vaccum. Great suction, tools and not very loud. I use it a couple times a week (2 small kids). We have a 2400 sq. ft home and it works great. Husky is made by Nuera Air (same company as Duovac). They are made is canada and have great customer service. You would not be disappointed with this vacuum.
Jun 1, 2010
137 posts
67 upvotes
I emailed Neura about the specs on this vacuum as I am currently looking to replace our central vacuum. I've looked at the Beam 275A, CanaVac 399LS and this one. Both Beam and CanaVac uses a tangential bypass motor, whereas the Husky Storm uses a flow-through. Based on the research I did regarding motors, flow-through motors are not as long lasting as bypass. This vacuum is specifically designed for Costco.ca; price wise this isn't bad but I would probably pick the CanaVac 399LS over this one. The CanaVac has lower air wattage (this is a marketing strategy and has absolutely no meaning) but the suction is as powerful as the Husky. Better warranty on the body from CanaVac too.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
8708 posts
591 upvotes
Shoyrukon wrote:
Feb 9th, 2015 2:52 pm
I emailed Neura about the specs on this vacuum as I am currently looking to replace our central vacuum. I've looked at the Beam 275A, CanaVac 399LS and this one. Both Beam and CanaVac uses a tangential bypass motor, whereas the Husky Storm uses a flow-through. Based on the research I did regarding motors, flow-through motors are not as long lasting as bypass. This vacuum is specifically designed for Costco.ca; price wise this isn't bad but I would probably pick the CanaVac 399LS over this one. The CanaVac has lower air wattage (this is a marketing strategy and has absolutely no meaning) but the suction is as powerful as the Husky. Better warranty on the body from CanaVac too.
How much did you pay for the CanaVac?
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Jun 1, 2010
137 posts
67 upvotes
aquariaguy wrote:
Feb 10th, 2015 12:51 am
How much did you pay for the CanaVac?
Haven't bought the vacuum yet. I was using this website https://www.the-vacmaster.ca/cana-vac-3 ... cuum-unit/ as the basis for my pricing. It's $500 for just the unit itself, another ~200 for the accessories.

The two packaged deals I'm looking at is the Package B for $700 and package C for $750. Have to check out the powerhead in a store before I decide.

Package B (https://www.the-vacmaster.ca/central-va ... package-b/)
Power Plus Electric Package
30' OR 35' crushproof, 3-way switch electric hose
Powerhead with light
2 sets of metal telescopic wands
4 piece deluxe tool set
Hose hanger
1 year warranty

Package C (https://www.the-vacmaster.ca/central-va ... package-c/)
German Electric Hose Package
30' OR 35' Crushproof Electric Hose with 3-Way Switch
German Wessel-Werk Powerhead with light
5-Level Height Adjustment
Cogged Belt with Protector
Stainless Steel -Telescopic Wand with Quick Release
Stainless Steel Telescopic Wand for Tools
Deluxe Tool Set
Hose Hanger
3 Year Warranty

EDIT:Just bought the Package C for $750 +Tax, came out to $847. Decided to switch to the 35 foot hose which was another $28 (tax included). Free shipping like they advertised on the website. There store is in Markham, I live in Mississauga.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2010
1407 posts
130 upvotes
Markham
How about the Electrolux at Costco? Any good? I know it claims to handle a house of 7000 square feet but what can they really handle. House is around 4000 square feet with basement.
May 17, 2007
314 posts
24 upvotes
DdBigs wrote:
Feb 25th, 2015 6:41 pm
How about the Electrolux at Costco? Any good? I know it claims to handle a house of 7000 square feet but what can they really handle. House is around 4000 square feet with basement.
If you mean this one: http://www.costco.ca/Electrolux-Central ... 07076.html , then the answer is that it is very good. I can only comment on how it works in a 2300 sqft house, but assuming that it is enough power it has been a great vacuum so far. The cleaning performance is great, but the most impressive thing is how quiet it is. The vacuum unit itself is so quiet that the rush of air into the end of the hose/attachment is louder than the unit in the garage.
Mar 31, 2013
145 posts
818 upvotes
Courtenay, BC
S N Frost wrote:
Feb 27th, 2015 10:07 am
If you mean this one: http://www.costco.ca/Electrolux-Central ... 07076.html , then the answer is that it is very good. I can only comment on how it works in a 2300 sqft house, but assuming that it is enough power it has been a great vacuum so far. The cleaning performance is great, but the most impressive thing is how quiet it is. The vacuum unit itself is so quiet that the rush of air into the end of the hose/attachment is louder than the unit in the garage.
I will second this, the house we moved into had central vac but no attachments......figured for the cost of buying attachments separately we might as well get a brand new unit................we bought the electrolux at costco (got it for $100 off too!), and it works great so far
Jun 6, 2013
31 posts
21 upvotes
Ottawa
For those still waiting, Costco sale starts March 2nd to 15th,for the Electrolux Electric kit at $449, $120 off for shipped.
Husky Storm electric kit March 30 to April April 12 at $599, $150 off for shipped.
Hope to see discounts in stores
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2010
1407 posts
130 upvotes
Markham
epauls wrote:
Feb 28th, 2015 3:40 pm
For those still waiting, Costco sale starts March 2nd to 15th,for the Electrolux Electric kit at $449, $120 off for shipped.
Husky Storm electric kit March 30 to April April 12 at $599, $150 off for shipped.
Hope to see discounts in stores
What model is on sale March 2nd? The same one linked above? Thanks
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2010
1407 posts
130 upvotes
Markham
anyone know which Electrolux is better? They have 2 models
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2015
2860 posts
759 upvotes
Toronto, ON
phantomfj wrote:
Feb 27th, 2015 4:03 pm
I will second this, the house we moved into had central vac but no attachments......figured for the cost of buying attachments separately we might as well get a brand new unit................we bought the electrolux at costco (got it for $100 off too!), and it works great so far

How big is your house? Curious to see how the power is.

Some reason the link doesn't work for the $100 off one. :(
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
10949 posts
2175 upvotes
Phanman wrote:
Feb 5th, 2015 3:26 pm
I did a search on rfd but nothing came up... Oddly enough even google search for reviews didn't bring up anything either. I need a central vac for my new house and most people here seem to like Cana-vac. My home is 2500sq not including the basement of course, and based on some comments I should be looking for a central vac with at least 700 airwatts.

Husky-Storm Central Vac @ costco has really good reviews and due to costco's return policy I'm leaning towards this one plus its priced at $750. Install Kit is another $85.00

http://www.costco.ca/Husky-Storm-Centra ... 10168.html

If anyone has purchased this or knows about it I would love to hear your thoughts.
I bought a Husky Central Vac from a local dealer 10 years ago and it's worked perfectly ever since. However, I think manufacturer has moved offshore since then and the current units might not be exactly the same.

But, if it's Costco I would not worry. They stand behind their products better than most retailers.