Home & Garden

Husky Storm Central Vacuum any good @ Costco?

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2017 10:14 am
Tags:
None
Dec 27, 2007
897 posts
236 upvotes
Oshawa
Thank you, come again.

"Thank you for your review. The Husky Storm was designed to be worry-free, durable, and user friendly. All vacuum motors have parts that will wear out with normal use and will need to be replaced after a certain amount of run-time. The Husky Storm is equipped with an electronic circuit board that will stop the power unit after 500 hours of usage (approx. 10 years) to prevent costly repairs. The visible LED will indicate hours in advance that maintenance is coming and then stop at 500 hours. The vacuum can be restarted with a simple reset procedure using the one button on the side of the machine. There is no secret code supplied by the manufacturer. We hope you find this information useful while choosing your next central vacuum system! "

condor11 wrote:
Nov 12th, 2016 10:57 pm
Hopefully everyone is aware that Husky central vacuums are programmed to automatically shutdown and disable after 500 hours of operation (that's like 4 years of moderate usage). They go into a lockout mode and expect people to call a service technitian (which I am sure is not cheap) to "service" the unit and reset the lockout.

Good thing car manufacturers haven't caught to this idea (yet?)
Nov 30, 2016
1 posts
Does anyone have any idea when the Husky Storm will be coming back on sale again at Costco?
Thanks
Aug 26, 2012
4 posts
ARRRGG, I missed a relatively recent sale.....I want one now.... wondering how often they go on sale!!
Dec 28, 2008
48 posts
4 upvotes
Mississauga
guys,

I'm building a 6000sqft house including the basement and i'm wondering which husky size to buy from costco ? any help is appreciated
10K sqft or 3.5k sqft or should i bite my lips and buy the wet and dry big one? if that's an awesome one to have?
Jul 3, 2006
293 posts
3 upvotes
Montreal
The Husky will be on sale soon. Heads up!
Feb 13, 2013
118 posts
45 upvotes
BC
Out west, Costco is now carrying the Husky Solstice, which seems to be a new model from Husky. $479 seems to be a good deal. Comes with a garage kit and 3 extra bags. Anyone have any experience with it? I'll try to post the pics I took...
Dec 14, 2011
639 posts
157 upvotes
London
In all houses that we have had the central vac was always installed in the garage. Is that because of the noise? It would be so much easier to diy the installation if I could place it in my basement. The newer models all seem to boast about how quiet the units are. Does anyone have one in the basement that could comment? Thanks everyone!
Aug 22, 2012
66 posts
63 upvotes
Mark Town
I installed it in the basement because I want to send the exhaust outside. Also I was renovating the basement and needed to install two inlets in the basement anyway. This unit is indeed much quieter than the other models I had.
Mar 7, 2006
139 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Does anyone know when this will go back on sale?
I missed the sale by a week.
Oct 11, 2007
318 posts
17 upvotes
An update on the programmed shutdown of this Husky vacuum after 500 hours of operation.

As mentioned previously, someone posted an original finding about this on Costco review section. To which Husky replied (see post at the top of this page) that there is no secret code and it's easy to reset.
So before buying this Vac I called Husky customer support and pointed them out to that reply and asked them, what's the reset procedure for the vacuum to make it operational again. Lady said she will find out and call me back. And she did call me back the next day only to tell me that after discussing with several people at the company there is no reset procedure that customer can follow to make the vacuum work again after 500 hours.

So clearly they lied in that Costco review when replying to legitimate complain.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel