Expired Hot Deals

[Home Depot] Hydro quebec Led light instant rebate!! 10 bucks off any energy star led bulb.

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2013 7:47 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
1599 posts
425 upvotes
Ottawa
Instead of getting the Luminus LED bulbs from Costco which have very low stocks, get the Philips LED bulbs from Home Depot. They cost a bit more but I like them better for quality and appearance. They have the 2-pack for $45 which is a bit cheaper than $25/bulb and it is the soft white 2700K temp and Energy Star qualified. The rebate is $10/bulb so they take off $20 for this pack but you can get max 4 bulbs per person/transaction and have to come back for more :-)
http://www.homedepot.ca/product/7w-led- ... ack/822309

Be aware that HD coupons ask for a QC postal code so prepare to fill it out or give it to the cashier. Luminus PAR20 after QC 15% taxes and rebate is $10 per bulb and Philips PAR20 is $16. Both Luminus and Philips stick out about 1/2 inch beyond the pot light ring just so you know, unless your pot light style installs from the inside then it won't stick out.
May 27, 2008
240 posts
56 upvotes
LED bulbs are so expensive comparing to CFL (Costco) and LED don't even have the same luminosity as the CFL bulbs...

My first CFL bulb last for 5 years almost day for day and was open 24/7... amazing how long it last and the saving on energy it provides (77% less energy for a 23 watts equivalent to a 100 watts incandescent bulb and 78% less energy for the 13 watts equivalent to a 60 watts incandescent bulb)

To my opinion, at the price the CFL are priced (Costco) and the energy they save we should just not give a sh** about the rebates...
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
2612 posts
1278 upvotes
Montreal
I didn't find the $10 coupon at my local Canadian Tires.
And there aren't many qualifying LED bulbs in my local store, the qualifying ones are way expensive. :facepalm:

virtuman1980 wrote:
Feb 21st, 2013 8:56 am
Haha...pretty interesting fellow indeed...but it was this persistence/stubbornness of his that got him the positive result in the end.
datako wrote:
Feb 19th, 2013 12:35 am
... Although, I'm a little surprised you went against what everyone advised ,op. You've got balls and absolutely crazy at the same time to do this.
Nov 17, 2012
248 posts
64 upvotes
Le Gardeur
martlgore wrote:
Apr 8th, 2013 7:36 pm
LED bulbs are so expensive comparing to CFL (Costco) and LED don't even have the same luminosity as the CFL bulbs...

My first CFL bulb last for 5 years almost day for day and was open 24/7... amazing how long it last and the saving on energy it provides (77% less energy for a 23 watts equivalent to a 100 watts incandescent bulb and 78% less energy for the 13 watts equivalent to a 60 watts incandescent bulb)

To my opinion, at the price the CFL are priced (Costco) and the energy they save we should just not give a sh** about the rebates...
It's not getting cold where you live ? CFL are so bad when it's getting cold... Also, CFL contain a minuscule amount of mercury, however you can't safely ignore potential contact with it.

Anyways, not starting a debate here, but instant on and no mercury inside get me to like LED bulbs. I have LED bulbs for years at home, I had them custom ordered a few years ago and haven't change a single GU10 or MR16 since then... They are all 3x3w.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2005
1599 posts
425 upvotes
Ottawa
I agree that CFLs give you the best bang for the bucks today. However, there are fixtures that just won't take the CFL regular medium base like pot lights and candelabra fixtures so you are either stuck with halogen and incandescent for these or try to replace them gradually with LED as the prices drop. Right now even with the rebate the LEDs are not economically better but is a better alternative than the existing option.
× < >