• Apr 2nd, 2014 8:13 pm
Tags:
None
Jan 24, 2009
538 posts
166 upvotes
Regina

HYdroseeding

I'm looking to hear opinions on Hydroseeding from people that have actually used it.

We have a new home and we have been expecting to sod our backyard when we got some information for hydroseeding in the mail. I got a quote and it's $160.00 which is substantially cheaper than laying sod, apparently within 6-8 weeks you will yeild good results. I'm obviously skeptical given the price but i've seen this method used often in commercial applications, has anyone had this done?
7 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4391 posts
1505 upvotes
QC
Wow 160$. thats quite cheap. I tought this method was REALLY expensive. How big is your yard?
Jan 24, 2009
538 posts
166 upvotes
Regina
Our yard is very small, 600sq ft or so. ive contacted another company that offers hydroseeding inquiring about prices. From reading online thr avg rate is .25 per sqft.
Deal Addict
Mar 11, 2007
4391 posts
1505 upvotes
QC
Ok it is in fact very small.

Never used it, I tought that it was not really available to regular consumer. Considering the fact that, at this price, it would cost me 1000$+ for my backyard, it's very expensive.

I guess it's the price to pay when you don't want to wait.
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2008
2510 posts
172 upvotes
nmiller8787 wrote: Our yard is very small, 600sq ft or so. ive contacted another company that offers hydroseeding inquiring about prices. From reading online thr avg rate is .25 per sqft.
For that small of an area, I would definitely buy seeds and just DIY.
Jan 24, 2009
538 posts
166 upvotes
Regina
THINKPADT61 wrote: For that small of an area, I would definitely buy seeds and just DIY.
I would like to have my yard finished sooner rather than later though, we have a dog so grass is a must or we need to walk it multiple times a day. When rains the yard becomes a mud pit and we need to walk through it to get to our vehicles/garage. Sod can be laid down and none of the above would become an issue. Hydroseeding claims very quick growth, grass cutting within 3-4 weeks which would work for us. I just don't want to run the risk of waiting 8+ weeks to have a yard.
Nov 5, 2013
624 posts
122 upvotes
If u want to have your yard finished earlier rather than later, buy sod instead of hyrdoseeding which requires watering 2 to 3 times a day with 15 to 20 minutes each, and 4 weeks or more (if the temperature is warm enough) before u can see the results. I dont think it is a good idea on the hyroseeding lawn for the first 2 months as u might killed the tender grass. For the first few months, your lawn with hydroseeding wont be as thick or heathy as sod bought from homedepot or cdn tire.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
17068 posts
1830 upvotes
Thornhill
Nice! Never knew such a thing existed... Hose allows seeding of hard-to-reach areas... e.g., backyards

Also, to put things into perspective, OP will still need to deep water daily.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)