Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
3995 posts
476 upvotes
Thornhill

Hyperzoom lens scam www.buyhyperzoomhd.com hyperzoomhd.com and others

So, I click on the yahoo ad and we all know Yahoo front page is full of various get rich scams and there you go. Hyper Zoom HD fake lens scam appears. Video shows girls on a beach and zooming out from the framed shot to what appears to be maybe 1km away. All while the camera barely moving. That was a dead giveaway Then it claimed 8000X magnification, which is impossible for the clarity. Worst of all, these scam sites: www.buyhyperzoomhd.com hyperzoomhd.com are selling PHONE lenses which are about 3x-5x LOL!!! And those will not even zoom past a tree in front of you!
They also show a photo of an eagle in the sky and claim you can take photos like these from miles away!!! Which would also not possible. And not because these fraud fake lenses are only 3-5x magnification which are only good to see across the road, but also because to take an image of an eagle in the sky from miles away you will need much more than a crappy $5 EBAY lens(which they sell for $150). I pulled the images from their video and they led me to stock websites! They bought their images and(of course) none were taken with this scam phone hd lens.

I showed these video to a buddy of mine who is a photographer and he quickly said that the video was taken with a DSLR and likely Sigma 50-500 to allow for such massive zoom and clarity + they mounted 2x teleconverter on it. The lens shaking is actually from the ring rotation, which the camera was on a tripod. At that zoom levels, even slight movements are seen. He also said that the first portion of the video seem to be digital so they zoomed in and then interpolated the video to show bigger zoom!

I don't have to be a pro photographer to see through the scam of false advertising. HyperZooom Lens is a scam so anyone considering it - stay away.

Here's by the way a link to the embedded video(copy/paste into your browser) You can see if for yourself.
player.vimeo.com/video/232670385
7 replies
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
3995 posts
476 upvotes
Thornhill
Further investigation into their address shows they have a lot of complaints, including fraud, unauthorized charges following an order,etc. Seems like a big time scam gig. The same marketing company(or a variation of it) was just featured on CBC Marketplace about fraudulent unauthorized facial creams and charges!!

12924 Pierce Street
Pacoima, CA 91331
May 5, 2010
819 posts
218 upvotes
With that thumbnail and the title on it saying: “you won't believe this“ is already a give away to scam.

I don't think it's made with a DLSR and a nice zoom lens. Rather, it looks like those crappy huge zoom bridge camera with electronic zoom motor. The way it zooms out doesn't feel organic. And yea, no way it's from a little lens adapter for phone.

Thanks for reminding us to be careful with any videos we see. With fake news, fake reviews, sponsors & advertisements and scams plaguing the web, better be vigilant.
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
1825 posts
221 upvotes
In another world
I bought one!
I can see martians!!! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
2482 posts
417 upvotes
gontori wrote:
Oct 20th, 2017 9:54 am
I bought one!
I can see martians!!! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Pfft, I can see through time and space.
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2006
3083 posts
494 upvotes
Vancouver
omg! Dr. Who lives!
Aug 1, 2010
735 posts
297 upvotes
Montreal
Tha Vimeo video was shot using a Nikon Coolpix P900, I am 150% sure of this.
Portrait and Wedding Photographer - Instagram
Deal Addict
May 10, 2005
1216 posts
48 upvotes
thanks OP, by any chances you're selling a Sigma 50-500 with free teleconverter j/k