Automotive

Hyundai Elentra, $2500 cash discount, anything wrong with it?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 13th, 2018 11:54 am
[OP]
Dec 4, 2016
752 posts
270 upvotes

Hyundai Elentra, $2500 cash discount, anything wrong with it?

Just browsing through Hyundai website, and saw that Hyundai Elantra has 2.5k cash discount, for a car that's less than 20k MSRP. Anything wrong with this model? Getting discontinued? Bad reliability? On its website, Elantra is cheaper than the accent when bought in cash.
37 replies
Oct 23, 2017
33 posts
24 upvotes
No wonder I see so many Elantra on the road.
Apr 19, 2017
197 posts
71 upvotes
BlueSolstice wrote:
Jun 24th, 2018 6:10 pm
Just browsing through Hyundai website, and saw that Hyundai Elantra has 2.5k cash discount, for a car that's less than 20k MSRP. Anything wrong with this model? Getting discontinued? Bad reliability? On its website, Elantra is cheaper than the accent when bought in cash.
Nothing wrong. The new Hyundai's and Kia's are reliable. I'd rather go with them than an american car. And Honda/Toyota are not what it used to be. I own a Honda and Kia, and I know I wouldn't get a Honda again, but wouldn't avoid a Kia for a deal
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
1082 posts
396 upvotes
Kitchener. Ontario
After over 10k in warranty repairs over the 2 years I’ve owned my Elantra, never again going with Hyundai.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5201 posts
805 upvotes
not a single issue with our Elantra -- over 3 years now. just oil changes and air filters. it has been great.

cannot say that about our sack of garbage Honda/Acura products which have been anything but flawless. i even had to lawyer up to get something fixed on my Honda under warranty. Over the years i've owned 10+ Honda cars and see no reason to go back (New RDX looks nice though)
Penalty Box
Jan 15, 2006
9905 posts
4529 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Nothing really wrong with it. This is just how the Koreans move their merchandise. No different from the Korean appliances with massive discounts. Korean brands are sold based on value.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2013
1634 posts
783 upvotes
Markham
Yep, nothing actually wrong about it. The only thing I personally didn't like so much on it is the ride quality, on rough roads that torsion beam suspension is most unhelpful but this is something I'd knock the Corolla for as well but it might be fine for the roads you drive on. If resale value is a concern to you, then you will need to note its not one of the stronger cars on resale. The deals the Koreans like to put on their new cars and the improvements they make generation to generation definitely make the older used ones quite a bit less desirable. A few people also still have a anti-Korean car stigma which might've been warranted eons ago but is very silly today yet this is also a factor into resale price. The warranty is above average too these days, only a few items are average like paint and the stereo but its got a decent comprehensive warranty at 5 years/100K km whereas a Toyota or Honda only do 3 years or 60,000 kms bumper to bumper, at the end of the day the Koreans back their cars better.
May 17, 2018
201 posts
78 upvotes
BlueSolstice wrote:
Jun 24th, 2018 6:10 pm
Big cash discounts like that are standard for Hyundai, depending on the month. Headquarters really incentivizes dealerships to move a lot of cars, even at low margins.
“Of this one thing make sure against your dying day – that your faults die before you do.” - Seneca
Dec 28, 2004
669 posts
69 upvotes
Montreal
Shows 3000$ for Quebec
You can get an LE automatic for about 16500$ cash deal … pretty good in my books for a brand new car loaded with options considering the price
[OP]
Dec 4, 2016
752 posts
270 upvotes
OK, thank you everyone for confirming this. I was curious as I was looking at Accent as an alternative to a used Yaris. I don't need one now, but in about a year and half I might have to buy a car quickly, if family situations change. I should probably keep in mind of such promotions. 16.5k plus tax is pretty reasonable for a car with better than rock bottom reputation.
Deal Expert
Jul 30, 2007
21141 posts
6015 upvotes
Toronto
^ you do know factory credit changes every month. What it is offered today will not be the same next year around
Nov 8, 2017
645 posts
127 upvotes
BlueSolstice wrote:
Jun 25th, 2018 10:33 am
OK, thank you everyone for confirming this. I was curious as I was looking at Accent as an alternative to a used Yaris. I don't need one now, but in about a year and half I might have to buy a car quickly, if family situations change. I should probably keep in mind of such promotions. 16.5k plus tax is pretty reasonable for a car with better than rock bottom reputation.
Hyundai's sale is no different than those from the Bay or CT.

Lease only ... IMO
Oh and dont forget to bargain Hard ..... below invoice.

Hyundai's sale has a big drop in 2018. I guess if the co. has dialed back its incentives.

Edit: Sales of the Elantra dropped 30% last mth
Last edited by Bb0231 on Jun 25th, 2018 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.