Automotive

Hyundai Palisade (a beauty!)

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2018 2:49 am
Tags:
Penalty Box
Jan 15, 2006
10300 posts
5275 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Blubbs wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 10:57 pm
Actually, people who don't like them just find a way to claim everything is copying and extend a false narrative. It's rather farcical and completely flawed. You don't apply the same logic to other brands at all.

The Honda Pilot looks like an old Ford Fusion in the front but nobody talks about that. The Ford Explorer rips off recent Land Rover but nobody talks about that. There is a double standard and it's dumb. Every automaker is trying to make their own image but there are a limited number of things you can do given safety requirements.

The front end of this thing with the lights is literally the most unique thing anyone has done with the front end of a car like this in recent times and people are calling it derivative. It's so dumb and not based on fact.
Are you kidding me about the lights? What’s so unique? This kind of design started with the Juke and then Jeep. Yeah so original!
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
7710 posts
3555 upvotes
Toronto
EP32k2 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 12:41 pm
Are you kidding me about the lights? What’s so unique? This kind of design started with the Juke and then Jeep. Yeah so original!
apparently they are pushing the market forward by copying designs from 5 years ago and calling it fresh... amazing.
Penalty Box
Dec 27, 2013
7710 posts
3555 upvotes
Toronto
superfresh89 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 12:40 pm
Of course not.

I never said anything about "Japanese reliability" at all. I mentioned a specific model.

It was @daivey that brought up "Korean quality" lmao.
so basically your argument on quality is that some 10 year old corolla has less maintenance costs than a 10 year old audi a4? that's basically what you're saying.. because there are 10 year old cars from all brands that sitll exist and work fine.. and there are 10 year old cars from every brand that don't.. so what's your point

except that an audi a4 from 10 years ago, has a better ride quality, comfort quality, etc, than a 10 year old corrola.

but apparently it's the same thing?

quality is not subjective. there are high quality materials, and there aren't. it's like a moron on the internet telling us that SHIT tastes good..and then the argument being"well taste is subjective". yeah, it's not. it's shit, you're an idiot with no taste buds, but somehow your opinion is valid because taste is subjective? That's just stupid troll internet logic started by politically correct SJWs on the internet.
like those idiots on hells kitchen who Chef Ramsey tells them their food is shit, but then they say, he doesn't know what he's talking about.. RIGHTtttttttttttttt.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2015
3353 posts
2305 upvotes
Literally too long to read your post dude... no punctuation doesn't help.

What argument are you talking about? I didn't make any arguments LMFAO.

Just commented on your usage of "Korean quality" and you got triggered.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Mar 21, 2013
904 posts
617 upvotes
EDMONTON
daivey wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 8:31 am
lol ok fan boi
LOL, I own a Toyota and a Nissan. I guess I'm not a very good fanboy.
iownyou wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 10:36 am
Worst suv I the market right now
It's not on the market, smartypants.
EP32k2 wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 12:41 pm
Are you kidding me about the lights? What’s so unique? This kind of design started with the Juke and then Jeep. Yeah so original!
Not the split lights, the combination with the vertical led running lights that appear as if they run in behind the body coloured part and the grille. Do you shit on Toyota for constantly not having split headlights?
Deal Addict
May 30, 2012
3284 posts
475 upvotes
Montreal
2 triggered dudes =Popcorn...
[OP]
Sr. Member
Mar 21, 2013
904 posts
617 upvotes
EDMONTON
iownyou wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 2:48 pm
2 triggered dudes =Popcorn...
You don't think this is fun for me? Lol.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2012
3284 posts
475 upvotes
Montreal
Blubbs wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 3:05 pm
You don't think this is fun for me? Lol.
No...unless you like to be proven wrong....
[OP]
Sr. Member
Mar 21, 2013
904 posts
617 upvotes
EDMONTON
iownyou wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 3:57 pm
No...unless you like to be proven wrong....
Your definition of "proven" doesn't meet any factual standard.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 28, 2011
782 posts
288 upvotes
Markham
Wow this is fugly. Who the heck actually thinks this looks good lol
Deal Addict
May 30, 2012
3284 posts
475 upvotes
Montreal
bartium wrote:
Dec 1st, 2018 6:18 pm
Wow this is fugly. Who the heck actually thinks this looks good lol
See title.....OP obviously loves it.
Hence the popcorn...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 8, 2009
1903 posts
777 upvotes
Ontario
I'm on the fence on the Palisade.
"Never wrestle with a pig. You'll both get dirty, and the pig likes it"
Sr. Member
User avatar
Dec 15, 2017
670 posts
140 upvotes
Toronto
It looks as fugly as the Toyota Highlander. No, not interested.
[OP]
Sr. Member
Mar 21, 2013
904 posts
617 upvotes
EDMONTON
After watching some visual comparison videos, it's clear from the comments that the rest of the world does not agree with this forum's opinion regarding the attractiveness of the vehicle.







Top