Automotive

Hyundai Palisade / Kia Telluride

  • Last Updated:
  • Sep 6th, 2019 8:29 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4005 posts
4205 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Love child between a land cruiser and escalade.

Is this actually body on frame?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Feb 11, 2007
11744 posts
11354 upvotes
Oakville
Looks like they copied the new Lincoln SUVs, inside and out, which isn't a bad thing, but it's kinda hodgepodge. Might look better if the grill and chrome door frame was blacked out. Oh, and the honeycomb grill is a direct copy from the recent Ford grills.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
1541 posts
1479 upvotes
Edmonton
They didn't copy anything, they have been using the long centre console design for a while. See Kona EV.

Also the qx80 is a monster compared to this. Way less elegant. Have you seen the bumper on that thing?

How can you say it's a shitty product when you haven't even seen it. Lol. Idiots. KIA and Hyundai have better fit and finish than Honda nowadays. And better reliability too. Read Consumer Reports. What is it shitty compared to? Only Toyota would be a real argument.
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
12460 posts
8638 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Blubbs wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 8:50 pm
They didn't copy anything, they have been using the long centre console design for a while. See Kona EV.

Also the qx80 is a monster compared to this. Way less elegant. Have you seen the bumper on that thing?

How can you say it's a shitty product when you haven't even seen it. Lol. Idiots. KIA and Hyundai have better fit and finish than Honda nowadays. And better reliability too. Read Consumer Reports. What is it shitty compared to? Only Toyota would be a real argument.
All Hyundai and KIA do is COPY.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 16, 2007
7113 posts
2012 upvotes
Financial District B…
Blubbs wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 5:19 pm
This thing kicks ass. Looks like a full sizer but actually it's the same size as a Pilot. Interior and exterior are a step above IMO.

Ugly as hell
The rear quarter looks like a hearse
Add the stylized s curve and that's what you got
Last edited by mikeymike1 on Dec 6th, 2018 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
----------------------------Licensed Credit Bureau member, S1, FI Automotive, CCP forums most banned = x 13 and counting, guess who that is?... stomped to the curb once again
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12360 posts
2892 upvotes
RFD
Xtrema wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 5:39 pm
Beauty is in the eyes of beer holder.
BUCK A BEER HECK YA!
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2004
12360 posts
2892 upvotes
RFD
Miata23a wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 7:39 pm
I have to agree with everyone here, this thing hideous. Interior looks nice in pictures but its korean quality in the end.
Korean quality is still better than American trash.
Member
Jan 13, 2007
394 posts
287 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
As long as it's priced aggressively for its class, it will bring in decent sales for Hyundai.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2013
1541 posts
1479 upvotes
Edmonton
EP32k2 wrote:
Nov 30th, 2018 9:02 pm
All Hyundai and KIA do is COPY.
Actually, people who don't like them just find a way to claim everything is copying and extend a false narrative. It's rather farcical and completely flawed. You don't apply the same logic to other brands at all.

The Honda Pilot looks like an old Ford Fusion in the front but nobody talks about that. The Ford Explorer rips off recent Land Rover but nobody talks about that. There is a double standard and it's dumb. Every automaker is trying to make their own image but there are a limited number of things you can do given safety requirements.

The front end of this thing with the lights is literally the most unique thing anyone has done with the front end of a car like this in recent times and people are calling it derivative. It's so dumb and not based on fact.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2010
1489 posts
167 upvotes
Good brand for the money. Shame that won’t hold it value as good as a pilot or highlander
Member
Apr 5, 2017
298 posts
230 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
^I'd go Korean over a garbage manure GM any day.

Looks slightly bigger than the current Santa Fe "XL" and will most likely replace that thing, as it still has the last gen body.

Needs a better engine than that 3.8L though, as it really needs to be wrung out in the XL. The 3.3T should be an option.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)