None
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
1727 posts
38 upvotes
Maple

Hyundai Questions and Answers

Hello RFD,

My name is Ting and I have graduated from university and I figure I want to learn how to sell things. So I have started a job at Richmond Hill Hyundai. I search and there is no hyundai thread so I figure I will start one and keep everyone inform of all the rebates/specials going on right now and answer any questions :)
[removed - no solicitation]
1122 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
1727 posts
38 upvotes
Maple
Key things to note this month

(1)*Smart rate is 2.97% this month for smart value financing*
(2) Very very low supply on accents, expect a 8-16 week wait
(3) Veracruzs are still available but not much
(4) Veloster turbos in some colours is a 8-16 week wait,
(5) 2013 Veloster and veloster turbo is still in short supply, dun be surprise to wait 8-12 weeks for a factory order
(6) 2013 Tucsons are pretty much in short supply, again dun be surprise to wait 8-12 weeks for a factory order
(7) Hyundai is coming out with employee pricing this month

Now for the Finance programs,

2013 accent
Employee Pricing Rebate for the 2013 Accent 4 door and 5 door models.

2013 Accent 5 Door except L manual
2.95% financing up to 96 month

2013 Accent 4 Door except L manual

2013 Veloster
Employee Rebate for the 2013 Veloster

2013 elantra and elantra coupe and Elantra GT
Employee pricing rebate plus $1100 stackable cash for the 2013 elantra Sedan. $1025 stackable cash for the 13 Elantra GT and $1025 stackable cash for the 13 elantra coupe.

2013 Genesis Coupe
Employeerebate for the 2013 Genesis Coupe
2.95% financing across the board up to 84 months

2013 Sonata
Employee rebate plus $2250 Stackable cash
0% financing for up to 48 month on the GL model, 1.49% up to 60 months, 1.99 percent up to 72 months , 2.29% for 84 months and 60/84 and 2.49% for 96 month

2013 Genesis Sedan(8 Speed Automatic)
Employee cash rebate + various stackable cash for the 2013 Genesis.
2.95% financing up to 84 month

2013 Tucson
L Manual(Stackable cash plus employee pricing)
0% financing up to 24 months, 2.95% up to 84 months and 60/84 Financing

For the rest of the models apart from Premium model,( stackable cash plus employee rebate)

Premium Model,(No stackable cash but have employee rebate)

2013 Santa Fe
no cash rebate but there is employee rebate for the 2013 Santa Fe
0% financing for up to 24 months for te base gl 2.4FWD only
2.95% up to 96 month for the base 2.4 GL FWD model

Rest of the santa fes
Employee rebate only

Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
1727 posts
38 upvotes
Maple
I encourage everyone to go look at a 2010 Tucson AWD model, the $2400 rebate on them is too good to pass up and they are selling like hot cakes! We have none left at our dealership, we only just got a few FWD models left now
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13432 posts
297 upvotes
Midland
Thanks. That's good to know about being able to take the cash discount, rather than the gas credit. I'd rather have the lower price.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
Aug 16, 2007
944 posts
136 upvotes
Richmond Hill
any deals on the 2011 sonata?
Mar 11, 2009
42 posts
1 upvote
I am heavily considering a Santa Fe and am torn between two trim levels. I like the 2.4 Gl Manual – because I have read a few really good reviews about it (that you won’t notice it lacking regarding pick-up vs the V6), because I am trying to keep payments to under $400/mth (financing) if possible, and because I prefer manual. Having said that, it’s not for a whole lot more to get the 3.5 GL AWD, and obviously you get a lot more at this level (still not leather or anything though). I guess my question is: does anyone buy the base, manual version of this? If so, experiences please? I will basically be using it for “around town” with 2 kids. I think the 2.4 has everything I need, so that’d be fine – we have a sunroof on our other vehicle (never use it), so many of the extras are just that – extras. Major difference between FWD and AWD in this vehicle specifically? Any notable differences in the exterior between the two models, that the average person would recognize?
I’d also be interesting in trading in a 2002 Dodge Caravan (very low kms) – not expecting much in this regard, but interested to hear thoughts on this too.
Looking forward to some guidance/input! Thanks. 
Jul 14, 2009
97 posts
1 upvote
Keswick
Askari wrote: any deals on the 2011 sonata?
I 2nd this...

I was looking at getting a limited with Navi.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
1727 posts
38 upvotes
Maple
Askari wrote: any deals on the 2011 sonata?
Not yet but the current promotion for the 2010s end August 3rd. We had our weekly meeting this week but we still do not know what promotion Hyundai canada is doing for next week. I will post here and update members the minute I get information about the new rebates coming up. The 2011 sonatas are too good looking!
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
1727 posts
38 upvotes
Maple
alovingmama wrote: I am heavily considering a Santa Fe and am torn between two trim levels. I like the 2.4 Gl Manual – because I have read a few really good reviews about it (that you won’t notice it lacking regarding pick-up vs the V6), because I am trying to keep payments to under $400/mth (financing) if possible, and because I prefer manual. Having said that, it’s not for a whole lot more to get the 3.5 GL AWD, and obviously you get a lot more at this level (still not leather or anything though). I guess my question is: does anyone buy the base, manual version of this? If so, experiences please? I will basically be using it for “around town” with 2 kids. I think the 2.4 has everything I need, so that’d be fine – we have a sunroof on our other vehicle (never use it), so many of the extras are just that – extras. Major difference between FWD and AWD in this vehicle specifically? Any notable differences in the exterior between the two models, that the average person would recognize?
I’d also be interesting in trading in a 2002 Dodge Caravan (very low kms) – not expecting much in this regard, but interested to hear thoughts on this too.
Looking forward to some guidance/input! Thanks. 

They do sell really well for sure. It is a big car and will be enough for 2 kids. Yes I absolutely agree, the base model comes with six air bags, Electronic stability control, traction control and ABS. More importantly, it also comes with bluetooth and cruise control. and power heated external mirrors. These are the more practical features on the car that I believe is good and actually useful. I am very surprise that with the FWD, the car drives very good because it is so big and heavy but AWD is more better for sure.

Here is something I MUST POINT out. As much as you like the Manual, please take note of this. The MSRP of the 2010 Santa Fe GL 2.4L 6 speed is $25,999 with NO CASH REBATES. The MSRP of the 2010 Santa Fe GL 2.4L Auto is $27499 with $1500 cash rebates. The MSRP of the 2010 santa fe GL 3.5L AWD is $30,999 with $1500 cash rebate. And I am sure as a RFD member, you will know what magic report to bring in to get the best price :) *Wink wink*

Also they are all at 0% financing up to 60 months. Once you go to 72 months, it is 1.9% interest. The dodge caravan going by black book prices is minimum around $1200 to $2800. I am just looking at the numbers roughly but if the trade in can be around $2400, and going with the magic report. $400 a month looks to be possible. I will know when I get back to my desk on tuesday and crunch out the numbers

The AWD model gives you extra fog lights. I am more for helping members save money. Yes the AWD is important but if you can look past that, apart from the better engine and the fog lights and misc small items, the automatic is probably a better deal since there is a cash rebate. However please test drive the car first. I always believe that it does not matter if the price is cheap. What always matter most is that you like the drive as its something you will be driving for a few years at least.

I hope I help you with my analysis :) Anymore questions, let me know
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2004
1543 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
i currently own a Genesis Coupe with Navi...

i cannot change the units in my Genesis Coupe

1. Farenheit to Celcius
2. Newton meters to pounds/foot on the Torque meter

the standard GC manual address to press "ENTER" button, there is no "ENTER" button
on GC w/ nav! and the navi manual didn't address
how to make the both conversion!

please advise!
Mar 11, 2009
42 posts
1 upvote
ygtgxi wrote: They do sell really well for sure. It is a big car and will be enough for 2 kids. Yes I absolutely agree, the base model comes with six air bags, Electronic stability control, traction control and ABS. More importantly, it also comes with bluetooth and cruise control. and power heated external mirrors. These are the more practical features on the car that I believe is good and actually useful. I am very surprise that with the FWD, the car drives very good because it is so big and heavy but AWD is more better for sure.

Here is something I MUST POINT out. As much as you like the Manual, please take note of this. The MSRP of the 2010 Santa Fe GL 2.4L 6 speed is $25,999 with NO CASH REBATES. The MSRP of the 2010 Santa Fe GL 2.4L Auto is $27499 with $1500 cash rebates. The MSRP of the 2010 santa fe GL 3.5L AWD is $30,999 with $1500 cash rebate. And I am sure as a RFD member, you will know what magic report to bring in to get the best price :) *Wink wink*

Also they are all at 0% financing up to 60 months. Once you go to 72 months, it is 1.9% interest. The dodge caravan going by black book prices is minimum around $1200 to $2800. I am just looking at the numbers roughly but if the trade in can be around $2400, and going with the magic report. $400 a month looks to be possible. I will know when I get back to my desk on tuesday and crunch out the numbers

The AWD model gives you extra fog lights. I am more for helping members save money. Yes the AWD is important but if you can look past that, apart from the better engine and the fog lights and misc small items, the automatic is probably a better deal since there is a cash rebate. However please test drive the car first. I always believe that it does not matter if the price is cheap. What always matter most is that you like the drive as its something you will be driving for a few years at least.

I hope I help you with my analysis :) Anymore questions, let me know
Ting, thanks so much for the informative and quick response - that's exactly what I was after. So essentially, AWD is better overall, in terms of getting through the snow (obviously), extra features, as well as a better bang for your buck (from what I'm understanding). I plan on going early this week to do some test drives. How long are these rebates going on that you mentioned?

And yes, after spending way too much time on this forum browsing, etc. and gleaning information from all of the helpful members, I definitely know what report to bring in. :)

Thanks again!
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
1727 posts
38 upvotes
Maple
alovingmama wrote: Ting, thanks so much for the informative and quick response - that's exactly what I was after. So essentially, AWD is better overall, in terms of getting through the snow (obviously), extra features, as well as a better bang for your buck (from what I'm understanding). I plan on going early this week to do some test drives. How long are these rebates going on that you mentioned?

And yes, after spending way too much time on this forum browsing, etc. and gleaning information from all of the helpful members, I definitely know what report to bring in. :)

Thanks again!
AWD is an asset for the winter but also please drive carefully as nothing will save you. You have to go on tuesday for a test drive. The rebates ends on August 3rd tuesday. And inventory might be limited. It is very hard to find the Tucson AWD anywhere now in the GTA area as they are all out. I will check to see if there is still lots of AWD in the GTA area for you
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
1727 posts
38 upvotes
Maple
lumlum1013 wrote: i currently own a Genesis Coupe with Navi...

i cannot change the units in my Genesis Coupe

1. Farenheit to Celcius
2. Newton meters to pounds/foot on the Torque meter

the standard GC manual address to press "ENTER" button, there is no "ENTER" button
on GC w/ nav! and the navi manual didn't address
how to make the both conversion!

please advise!
hello,

I remember that you have to press 2 buttons together to change the units but I am not at work now. When I get back to work on tuesday, I will go check it out for you and let you know!

Ting
Mar 11, 2009
42 posts
1 upvote
ygtgxi wrote: AWD is an asset for the winter but also please drive carefully as nothing will save you. You have to go on tuesday for a test drive. The rebates ends on August 3rd tuesday. And inventory might be limited. It is very hard to find the Tucson AWD anywhere now in the GTA area as they are all out. I will check to see if there is still lots of AWD in the GTA area for you
Of course - driving carefully is what anyone needs to do, regardless of the type of vehicle. Thanks for looking into Santa Fe AWDs in the GTA for me.
Probably won't be buying Tues although I'd like to soon. Perhaps there will be just as good/better incentives next?
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
1727 posts
38 upvotes
Maple
alovingmama wrote: Of course - driving carefully is what anyone needs to do, regardless of the type of vehicle. Thanks for looking into Santa Fe AWDs in the GTA for me.
Probably won't be buying Tues although I'd like to soon. Perhaps there will be just as good/better incentives next?
JUST MY GUESS. This promotion is gear at the 2010s models. The base sonata has been sold out for months. The AWD tucsons is all gone, most tucsons are gone and the genesis coupe has been selling like hot cakes. People are buying santa fes because of no tucsons. I am guessing the next august promotion would probably be aim at the 2011 models. Just a guess :) Regardless I will keep everyone updated when the new promotion come up
Aug 29, 2005
679 posts
55 upvotes
matti0827 wrote: I 2nd this...

I was looking at getting a limited with Navi.
+1. The style and features look really good to me. I just need a killer deal to pull the trigger.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2002
1091 posts
477 upvotes
was checking out ccc and noticed a "dealer cash/factory to dealer rebate" $1500

Can this be combined with the AWD $2400?
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
1727 posts
38 upvotes
Maple
iwells wrote: was checking out ccc and noticed a "dealer cash/factory to dealer rebate" $1500

Can this be combined with the AWD $2400?
Yes let me elaborate on this further for people trying to get a good deal and not get mislead about this. Okay, there is cash rebates going on right now. For example, the genesis coupe 2.0T 6speed has a 4500 cash rebate that only applies if you pay cash.

For example the 2010 elantra sedan L Manual have a $3350 rebate from Hyundai canada and the dealer rebate is $500 on it. This means the total discount you get from this is $3850. 3350 from hyundai canada and 500 from the dealer.

The tucson GL AWD model is the one with $1900 rebate from hyundai canada and $500 rebate from the dealer. This is $2400 on it. This is the only rebate for the GL AWD model. The other Tucson models have only $1000 rebates on them. These are all applied on a finance deal. Now here is the thing I want to clarify for RFD members.

I am sure we know if we use the magic report, we can buy a car at invoice+$300-$400 profit for the dealer, right? This is the problem you all have to be careful when making a offer on a vehicle with the dealer rebates. On models that only have rebates from hyundai canada, you can make a offer base on invoice-(total rebates)+$300-$400. On models that have rebates from hyundai canada, you have to modify your offer a bit. This is because the dealer is paying $500 for the car too. Meaning that you have to make an offer like this Invoice-(total rebates)+(dealer rebate)+$300-$400.

This is to ensure that the dealer will not lose money on this deal.

I hope this explanation is good enough. I had a customer buy from me and I was only inform of this last week
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
1727 posts
38 upvotes
Maple
gottagetta wrote: +1. The style and features look really good to me. I just need a killer deal to pull the trigger.
It is, they look so nice! I have a 2010 sonata and really regret it now. I will post any incentives for a 2011 sonata as they become available
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
6222 posts
694 upvotes
Quebec
Is the gas card promotion available with the 0% 60-month financing? How about for the cash discount of the same value as the gas card?

If so, then is there a cash purchase discount available on top of that?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)