Site Comments & Suggestions

Locked: I am considering stopping posting deals on this website.

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2015 11:51 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Apr 9, 2015
186 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto

I am considering stopping posting deals on this website.

Too many losers with no life and nothing to do but troll around saying prices are not good enough.

In the following thread, there is some fool that really thinks a one time eBay auction is a valid comparison to a sale in a store.

newegg-refurb-chromebooks-180-a-1738853/

I made a lot of posts in Hot Deals, I try to contribute, 158 posts out of my 204 posts are in Hot Deals. But I am near my limit. Should I just log out and lurk for deals and stop contributing to this site?
Stay Away: Staples at 1000 Gerrard St East - Very Poor Service When Doing A Return: staples-1000-gerrard-st-east-very-poor- ... n-1731575/
Share:
7 replies
May 28, 2012
10146 posts
2313 upvotes
Saskatoon
You can contribute to this site in ways other than simply posting deals. I am very rarely on the Hot Deals forum. Report the posts that are objectionable and the mods will handle it.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2009
2092 posts
784 upvotes
London
I for one appreciate the discussion. It gives some of us an insight of where else we can purchase or whether or not it's cold/hot. If I can go on ebay and find one on sale there, awesome! I'll do just that.

I don't understand why you feel the need to defend your hot deal. Let the members here be the judge of that. If it really bothers you, then you should just ignore them. Otherwise, it may be in your best interest to simply lurk.

This probably won't help, but I got a C720p (with 32GB) some months ago brand new for roughly 180. You may argue that it's in the past, and there's no "time machine", but point is... it was cheaper at one point, so for someone like me, I too don't find it hot and neither does that one guy posting in your thread. There's tons of deals that are posted which aren't "hot" - especially the ones that are just regular price, like the Asus ZenFone 2. It gets posted anyway, but who cares? If you feel the need to share the deal, great! If you cant handle people discussing it in your thread, perhaps post a deal and don't look at the thread after.

I do however find it horribly annoying when trolls demand that you post what EACH product is (ie. a camera, hard drive, etc) and not just the name of it because they don't know what it is, while there are hundreds of other posts out there without that information. Also, while price in title is very nice, it takes an extra 2 seconds to find it out yourself. I have no idea why people go crazy over not having that in title.

Just my 2 cents.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2426 posts
2467 upvotes
Montreal
Why argue with a troll? Why do you care what HE thinks?

Do your thing. Don't reply. (It's hard, I know.)

Make your point, let him make his and let people decide.

Either way, it doesn't take anything away from you.

If he's right, no reason to get upset - he's right. Let it go. Move on.

If he's wrong - people will see.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2426 posts
2467 upvotes
Montreal
datako wrote:
May 23rd, 2015 4:50 pm
(...) I do however find it horribly annoying when trolls demand that you post what EACH product is (ie. a camera, hard drive, etc) and not just the name of it because they don't know what it is, (...) Also, while price in title is very nice, it takes an extra 2 seconds to find it out yourself. I have no idea why people go crazy over not having that in title. (...)
Because price is of the essence in a deal forum. Most people can judge almost instantly if a deal is worthwhile when the price is in the title.

Because you don't post for "yourself" you post for others. You post to communicate a message, to be understood.
Most people have figured that out and put the price in the title; except newbies sometimes.

If you have to click on a thread to find the price, it's a waste of time and it's annoying (thoughtless) on the part of the OP.
Multiply by dozens of threads every day...
Actually, the forum should be programmed to prevent anyone from posting a deal without the price in the title.

By your logic, heck we don't even need a description in the title because "it takes an extra 2 seconds to find it out yourself".
[OP]
Banned
Apr 9, 2015
186 posts
84 upvotes
Toronto
The guy in my thread was just super annoying. I normally don't care if someone doesn't like my deals, not everyone can post a black friday sale in the middle of May, but I didn't like how he kept coming back into the thread to post his stupid replies. It was hard to ignore a **** like that. I already told him many times he can get better prices elsewhere but they were not valid comparisons. I mean, I could make an example and say you can steal stuff for free but you won't see people threadcrapping in other people's threads about that. So why should I have to settle for threadcrapping in my thread? I don't have to.
Stay Away: Staples at 1000 Gerrard St East - Very Poor Service When Doing A Return: staples-1000-gerrard-st-east-very-poor- ... n-1731575/
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2007
13123 posts
1661 upvotes
Why would you carry any level of a dialogue with him? Shut him out by not replying and report the post if it is offensive or destructive to the integrity of the thread. if RFD staff take the issue of thread crapping seriously, use the tool to its greatest measure?
May 28, 2012
10146 posts
2313 upvotes
Saskatoon
^So that's how a person lands themselves in the Penalty Box...I always wondered...