Personal Finance

Locked: I am experieced Php developer looking for investment for start community website

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 1st, 2013 6:15 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Nov 10, 2004
1415 posts
59 upvotes
surrey
How much money ? Well if we succeed and it may need more money than you put , we have to bring more people in , lets say we have all the money for development costs , server costs etc , i believe some one will buy our site for 100-500mil in 5 years if we can get 1mil people hit the site everyday.

So it all depends on how we work together and implement the idea. There are many software projects not all succeed. My idea is simple..start making money from beginning through advertisement , use others to create content. So basically our site goal is create framework so people provide content and its customized.

Thats my big project ...but if you have some other idea and want me to build it for you , i am cool as long as you come out with all requirements in written form. And also i do not like to build any site that do not have make money making strategy through the site.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2003
1286 posts
267 upvotes
Aurora, ON
AlexK wrote: Thats my big project ...but if you have some other idea and want me to build it for you , i am cool as long as you come out with all requirements in written form. And also i do not like to build any site that do not have make money making strategy through the site.
A bunch of overseas code-monkeys can implement requirements in written form in a short period and for 1/10 the cost of any local programmer. No 20-year experience is necessary. Local experienced developers are needed because they have the know-how for how to convert business ideas into a technical solution. Business ideas usually don't come in a written form.

I think you should call your recruiter again but lower the expectations this time.
Banned
Nov 10, 2004
1415 posts
59 upvotes
surrey
Well business ideas to design requirement converted by business analyst. ofcourse anyone in india code it 1/10 of cost. Sure. But software project never ends. Always you need to keep improving.
So you need to know what you are talking before you start staying stuff. I have only one question , how many software project you funded privately?
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2003
1286 posts
267 upvotes
Aurora, ON
AlexK wrote: I have only one question , how many software project you funded privately?
Irrelevant question in relation to my money. This is what you initially asked for:
AlexK wrote: Initial investment cost is 5k-10k - its only my development cost. Server cost is different which you have to pay separately. Development time for iteration 1 is 3month max.
I have this kind of money, and wanted to know how I can make profit on it by investing into your idea. Sorry, but after two pages you failed to do so. Thus the money stay with me, and I'll invest into something with a more clear explanation given to investors about how my money would be used to make me even more money. You see, in the investment world it's all about the money and not about servers, programmers, or anything else.
Banned
Nov 10, 2004
1415 posts
59 upvotes
surrey
Thanks larry. Thats perfectly fine.

I am not here to make you money instantly. I never said i will make you money from 5k-10k to some K. I never mentioned how you make profit. I am not interested in loans. You are talking about Loan sharks. Or Dragon Den guys who is there to rip people off.
Anyways i just posted to see anyone with interest. My job is not convince anyone. It is more about people have some interest not only just making money more building projects.

All questions are valid , but i am not looking for 5k-10k loan.
Banned
Nov 10, 2004
1415 posts
59 upvotes
surrey
Only immortal responded properly for this thread. belittling people thinking some thing in your own mind is just wasting your own time and others time.

Why people think i have to convince someone to get their money. Good scammers can do that. My job here not to scam or sell my idea. I am only looking for people who have interest in building community sites and willing to take risks. Others pls move along.

If i need large sum of money then its worth spending time to sell the idea with pilot project, so more fund come in to expand the project.

i only need positive responses even if you do not have money to invest in it.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2007
2434 posts
328 upvotes
Waterloo
Apparently OP communications skills have had zero improvement in 5 years
Banned
Nov 10, 2004
1415 posts
59 upvotes
surrey
As i said move along if you can't have anything positive to say.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2004
1277 posts
161 upvotes
I think you would be better served if you provided some evidence that you are as skilled as you say you are. I've seen similar offers generate alot of interest, but the person offering their services made their case much more convincing.

Have you partnered with others in the past? Were there any successful outcomes?
Do you have exceptional technical skills? Do you have a portfolio or examples of applications you have developed?

Without a strong value proposition no one is going to partner with you.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2002
1619 posts
227 upvotes
Mississauga
AlexK wrote: As i said move along if you can't have anything positive to say.
It's a lot worse out there and people will question you and you have to be able to defend yourself and explain things properly.

I have a few simple questions that hopefully is easy to answer and won't give away your secret idea. Guesstimates will be fine or useful just to think it through yourself.

1. What is your estimated market size? (In terms of users in the first 3, 6 months and 12 months?) How will you gain these users?
2. What is your primary source of revenue?
3. How much do you expect to invest in this and when will do you estimate it to break even?
4. What is the target market going to be? Is it based on a certain geographical area? Based on topic? Age?
5. Are there comparables out there in the market currently? If so, are they successful? If not, why not? How would yours be any different?
Banned
Nov 10, 2004
1415 posts
59 upvotes
surrey
estimate market size for toronto is around 1mil. ( this market is not exactly true in full sense but true for my pilot).
Advertisement , product placement
Investment probably above >100000 but for pilot i think i can develop and for production with limited feature set for 10k.
Idea is test it with basic features and built big once it started making revenue. Once it starts making revenue then it will be very easy to find bigger investor as they will start to see potential.
Whats so special about my site ? Well there are sites all broken and do not work well. I think i can make a better site and provide better STUFF (secrets).

My real target if everything work , people use only my site all others sites will be obsolete including this one.

My site will be kinda franchised across all cities like kijiji and craigslist but will be lot different.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 6, 2004
6902 posts
586 upvotes
GT'eh
Was going to invest some chump change in your biz, but you lost me with this and this:

[QUOTE]hahaha , Each People have their own reasons. You always see what you wanted to see. Its that simple. If you are here to make quick profit financing website is not a good idea though. It takes time to recover. Only if site succeed . [/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]I can't tell people what it is at first time , i am just saying facebook just for the type , there are millions of clones but i have an idea , reason for bringing people in to help is , it achieve two things. Once i can code and others do any finance related stuff. Always load sharing is better than one person does everything. Because people bring money they will be more into make it success. If i give another developer share , it won't much do good. I am only interested in people with money , this is not huge money i can spend it myself but the idea is if i bring someone with money their role is more of marketing and thinking how to promote and get more money for the site development and its success.

Goal is not exactly facebook but a community site of different form
Ne0's Bio:
➡Retired G@mer & t3<h <0nn0!ss3ur ??? Spitting t3<h lingo since the early 90's ➡Member of Crazy Group Buys ??? ➡ Feedback: rFD | 500+
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2002
3047 posts
701 upvotes
What I don't understand is why wouldn't you have a beta product completed first.
Maybe it only allows 100 users or 1000 users. You don't need any investment to get to this stage.
At least you have something to show the investor.

You're idea might be the next Facebook, Google, whatever. I'm not questioning the viability of it.
But you have to think like an investor. No one will hand over any money without seeing something.
You say show me the money, I say show me the product.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2002
1619 posts
227 upvotes
Mississauga
Magoomba wrote: What I don't understand is why wouldn't you have a beta product completed first.
Maybe it only allows 100 users or 1000 users. You don't need any investment to get to this stage.
At least you have something to show the investor.

You're idea might be the next Facebook, Google, whatever. I'm not questioning the viability of it.
But you have to think like an investor. No one will hand over any money without seeing something.
You say show me the money, I say show me the product.
This is the point I'm trying to get to with my own project. It's been over 6 months on and off of working on it (I need to get my ***** together and stop surfing the web). Once it reaches a stage I can start demonstrating features and the pricing model, I'm planning to go through something like kick starter to test the market and hopefully some exposure. Then raise some funds for marketing and further development. I don't know if it'll succeed at all but I think it was worth a try. I've learned a lot from this and it's been valuable experience.
Banned
Nov 10, 2004
1415 posts
59 upvotes
surrey
I am not looking for investor , may be that wording may be wrong , but more of business partner but his role is bringing money. I think most people think why i am gona invest on the site which i have n't seen...or potential...etc. I can develop it on my own and put it there but i probably need lots of money to manage the adverstisements and sites. So i am looking for people with similar interest. This is not for people who wants to make quick money. Its time and energy investment from my side coding . Anyone who join i want them to concentrate on finding investment for development and server costs. The thing is though if i have already have site ready and running , why i would be here posting , i will be in palo alto showing my business plan. Anyways there is always risk associated with any investment so if you think it do not suits you , its is ok. I do not need plain investor who wanted to make quick bucks. Its a journey , it is gona take a while.
Banned
Nov 10, 2004
1415 posts
59 upvotes
surrey
Magoomba,

As you have seen from my responses , i am not good at talking things or i can't say whole idea in a forum , that is why i need people with communication skills with money or contact to the people with money who can invest time , money to find investments , i build the site .

So basically the 5k-10k you bring in show me you are capable of bringing money so i can do my work of getting site done.
Apr 6, 2002
624 posts
153 upvotes
YVR
OP, you need to realize that those negative (relatively) comments are those that, once ironed out, could lead to potential investors.

I'm always interested in investing. And honestly speaking, 5~10k isn't much and IF you can provide a feasible business model, I might invest. But without supporting your proposal, outright refusing to address other's concerns only scare your potential investors away.

And as I said before, what are you proposing to use that 5~10k investment? From your posts, the only idea I got was you are expecting your "partner" to pay the bill for your time to program the site. And yet, you expect your "partner" to only take certain amount of shares.

It doesn't make any sense in my mind. Your "partner" basically paid every cent for the development of the site. And unless you have some great idea to add to the proposal, I don't expect your "partner" would consider even a 1-99 split (1% for you and 99% for your "partner")
Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish...
Banned
Nov 10, 2004
1415 posts
59 upvotes
surrey
hi,

I can invest my own 10k , idea is find potential people who are willing to do best thing. if you are here to just make money , you should not invest in my projects. Its about building great things. The reason i started with 5-10k is that if someone willing to do the work to build. Its not about money as much its more of you bring something to table and do finance / marketing related part of it. Ofcourse each value their contribution bigger. For me my value is 90%. I think i can bring more people who can bring 5-10k than me asking 100k from each. Everyone probably has that much money easily. Question is not about money its more about skills to bring more money. That is what i am looking for. So i do not need to post these things here , he will do it. hahaha.

Lets say you have an idea and money then u can hire and build and you can have 100% share. if people want me to use my idea and i build , then they need to bring something not just money.

Based on most responses , Negative people do have money but they just want to invest and want triple it or quadruple it in quick time without doing anything else. Not gona work. I need people who brings money and skills to bring more money.

Not interested in negativity. Creating stuff needs lots of work. This is not money multiplying machine. Go somewhere else. This is about building next great stuff. We may not know it will turn out great stuff , No one knows. Its all depends on shareholders of project.
Sep 10, 2004
687 posts
36 upvotes
AlexK wrote: hi,

Based on most responses , Negative people do have money but they just want to invest and want triple it or quadruple it in quick time without doing anything else. Not gona work. I need people who brings money and skills to bring more money.

Not interested in negativity. Creating stuff needs lots of work. This is not money multiplying machine. Go somewhere else. This is about building next great stuff. We may not know it will turn out great stuff , No one knows. Its all depends on shareholders of project.
I dont think you understand, "negative" people dont want to pay you 10 K for:

"I promise to do something profitable. Uhh.. dont ask me what exactly that something is... I have no previous work to show you what I am capable of..."

The "negative" people might as well light 10K on fire. You have to provide something solid for people to take you seriously. If you have no product, no plan (seems that way to me), nobody in the right mind is going to invest with you. Its literally like lighting 10K on fire. How can you not grasp that concept ?

If you want people to take you seriously, atleast start by telling us what products have you developed, how much revenue did they bring in etc.

Nobody is going to invest with you without knowing they will atleast get their money back.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2012
3252 posts
2873 upvotes
Montreal
G-Yo wrote: I dont think you understand, "negative" people dont want to pay you 10 K for:

"I promise to do something profitable. Uhh.. dont ask me what exactly that something is... I have no previous work to show you what I am capable of..."

The "negative" people might as well light 10K on fire. You have to provide something solid for people to take you seriously. If you have no product, no plan (seems that way to me), nobody in the right mind is going to invest with you. Its literally like lighting 10K on fire. How can you not grasp that concept ?

If you want people to take you seriously, atleast start by telling us what products have you developed, how much revenue did they bring in etc.

Nobody is going to invest with you without knowing they will atleast get their money back.
Exactly. Let's turn the table around and say that I am this guy who wants other people's money but I am being extremely vague and no concrete solid proof of any product/plan. Now would you give me your money? I bet you wouldn't.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)