The "I can't find __ any more" thread (for food products recently found unavailable)
This thread is therefore for any of those items that you believe, know or suspect *are* still in production but for whatever reason seem to have disappeared from your local supermarket's shelves -- and not come back. With the help of the RFD community perhaps we can find out whether an item's lack of availability is locally-isolated or widespread -- and hopefully help members looking for their item identify a chain or specific store location in their area that still carries it. Or, perhaps if one of us has actually contacted the manufacturer and received a reply, we can confirm for the RFD community that the product has been indeed been permanently discontinued.
It'll help us if when posting your missing items you provide as much detail as you can. I suggest: you include:
note: Of course, posting an image is not mandatory but it is helpful as it will help readers know what you're actually talking about. We might not have ever bought the item but we might recognize its package, either from past shopping trips or ones we take after seeing your post. Also, if your RFD Profile does not show your location beneath your name in posts, it would be helpful to tell us approximately where you are located.PRODUCT NAME (& size, if known or relevant)
- LAST SEEN (APPROXIMATELY): (__ ago)
- STORES I USED TO BUY IT AT: (list the stores)
- STORES I RECENTLY LOOKED FOR IT AT, UNSUCCESSFULLY: (list the stores)
- PRODUCT IMAGE: (embed a picture URL)
I'll start it off with an item I can think of off the top of my head:
Sharwood's Curry Powder - 'Hot' (sold in 113g plastic canister)
- LAST SEEN APPROXIMATELY: 1 year ago?
- USED TO BUY IT AT: I don't remember! RCSS (GTA-ON)??
- I'VE RECENTLY LOOKED FOR IT AT, UNSUCCESSFULLY: RCSS, Walmart, No Frills, Metro, local independent grocer
- PRODUCT IMAGE: