Food & Drink

The "I can't find __ any more" thread (for food products recently found unavailable)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 5th, 2019 12:36 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2012
2676 posts
1222 upvotes
Ottawa
playnicee1 wrote:
Nov 25th, 2013 2:30 pm
Maxi is no longer Provigo foods. (hasn't been for a while) They are now owned by Loblaws.
Therefore, it may be better for those in Ontario to try and find Herrs at a No frills if they can, instead of doing all that traveling.
Not quite sure what Loblaws 1998 acquisition of Provigo & Maxi has to do with the availability of Herr's potato chips in 2012/2013.
prae praesto filum clostrum
Jan 4, 2008
773 posts
185 upvotes
Gatineau
playnicee1 wrote:
Nov 25th, 2013 2:30 pm
Maxi is no longer Provigo foods. (hasn't been for a while) They are now owned by Loblaws.
Therefore, it may be better for those in Ontario to try and find Herrs at a No frills if they can, instead of doing all that traveling.
Maxi and Provigo are both owned by Loblaws and have been for years
Jul 29, 2013
643 posts
292 upvotes
I can not find Kraft Tuscan Italian salad dressing any more. Are they not making it anymore?
Mar 18, 2011
442 posts
105 upvotes
Brampton
Silly, but I'll give it a go: Have they stopped serving Krispy Kreme's at Costco stores? There haven't been a kiosk at the one near me since August of last year, just wondering if they stopped supplying Costco locations in Ontario, or if it's just the one on Biscayne?
Nov 24, 2002
85 posts
2 upvotes
Maple
I've been looking in vain for Tetra packs of chocolate milk ... the sort of size I can put in kids lunch boxes. Any pointers?

I'm in Vaughan/Richmond Hill area but downtown Toronto workdays.
Feb 26, 2009
749 posts
116 upvotes
Years ago, I used to be able to find meat-based canned food in Asian supermarkets when I was a struggling student. Nowadays, I can only find canned luncheon meat or corned beef on the shelves.

What gives?
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2004
4608 posts
316 upvotes
Toronto
Bellyhungry wrote:
Jan 29th, 2014 9:45 am
Years ago, I used to be able to find meat-based canned food in Asian supermarkets when I was a struggling student. Nowadays, I can only find canned luncheon meat or corned beef on the shelves.

What gives?
Such as this...?
[IMG]http://www.aeoncity.com.hk/ShareLibrary ... 1764-1.jpg[/IMG]
h2o- a.k.a. 阿水 (Ah Sui)

Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6676 posts
1343 upvotes
I can't find PC Royal Texmati blend rice. It disappeared once before and came back in new packaging. It used to be in a plastic jug, then came back in a resealable bag.

Anybody see it anywhere?
Feb 7, 2011
25 posts
28 upvotes
Not sure if anyone is still reading this thread, but the PC Chipotle Hot Sauce was back in stock at my Winnipeg Superstore. YAYS!!
Feb 13, 2013
156 posts
76 upvotes
BC
Does anyone know where to buy canned meat called PREM in Hamilton, Burlington, GTA areas? I am out west and we use this for a family recipe, much much better than spam or the other alternatives. It is easy to find out here, but my family in Ontario can't find it anywhere. The manufacturer, Maple Leaf, tells you to talk to your grocer to order it but no grocer that has been approached can be bothered. I myself have called at least 5 different places in Burlington and they all promise to look into it and call me back, and then they never do.

http://www.mapleleaffoods.com/include/i ... height=200

Thanks!
Feb 28, 2009
344 posts
47 upvotes
Ottawa
Can't find Dads CHEWY oatmeal cookies. I can find all varieties of the regular or crunchy ones but not the chewy or soft baked ones anymore. Anyone seen them?
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
2958 posts
444 upvotes
Team flakes. I know they are not being made anymore and that there is a movement to bring them back. Frankly though I doubt they would taste the same as they did. I look wherever we go - I guess I would kind of be afraid to buy a box if I did find them. I didn't eat them with milk, but straight from the box - they had a nutty flavour.