Food & Drink

The "I can't find __ any more" thread (for food products recently found unavailable)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 5th, 2019 12:36 pm
Banned
Jun 22, 2012
4737 posts
680 upvotes
Shhanada
They used to have a philly spread aka Philadelphia cream dip with bacon and cheddar flavor. Couldn't find it anymore after the salmon flavor came along. Doesn't make sense as I'm sure bacon would easily outsell the existing flavors.

The package I remember looked different, more orange in color. But this is proof it existed:

Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2004
2731 posts
129 upvotes
Peterborough
Can't find Mr. Christie's Pantry gingerbread cookies any more. :(
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2012
2672 posts
1214 upvotes
Ottawa
h2o- wrote:
Nov 24th, 2013 1:49 pm
Not sure this only happened in my local No Frills but I remembered last time I bought it was 2012. I can't recall where else carried it other than No Frills. This was $1.99/bag.

[IMG]http://imageshack.com/a/img59/6893/nefx.jpg[/IMG]
Spotted bags of the following Herr's chips yesterday:

Horseradish & Cheddar
Hot Sauce
Kansas City Prime Steak
Bacon, Cheddar & Jalapeno
Fire Roasted Sweet Corn
Loaded Baked Potato
Ragin' Ranch
Baby Back Ribs
Sour Cream & Onion

These are 7.5oz (212.6g) bags priced at 2/$5.00 or 3 something each. While not as good a deal as the $1.99 (for a larger bag) we all have seen, I miss them and bought the first 6 on the list.

Also observed were quantities of Herr's kettle cooked chips, assorted flavours.

Store: Almost Perfect http://www.almostperfect.ca/

They came in Wednesday (Brockville location), safe bet they were distributed to the other locations.

Wow, never been here before, very impressed.

Nestle Drumsticks (peanut butter) .59ea
700g Texas Toast $1.66
Wagon Wheels, .99/box
Sweet & Low candies $1
1.89l Ocean Spray Cranberry Cocktail .99

We dropped almost $100 there, many products you just don't normally see in the usual grocery stores. Will bring a bigger cooler next trip, lol.
prae praesto filum clostrum
Deal Expert
Dec 4, 2010
16822 posts
1546 upvotes
Space for rent
RenegadeX wrote:
Dec 8th, 2010 11:39 am
Every now and again, I'll be going around the supermarket and notice that a certain item that I used to buy is no longer available. Sometimes, it's a temporary supply/re-supply issue and if I'm patient, a few weeks later, there it'll be again in its usual spot on the shelf. Sometimes though, it never does re-appear and its shelf-tag & space disappears ("oh no!") - only for you to months later perhaps be surprised & relieved to suddenly come across it at a different supermarket ("Hey, it *wasn't* discontinued, after all!"). And sometimes, you'll just never see it again, anywhere...

This thread is therefore for any of those items that you believe, know or suspect *are* still in production but for whatever reason seem to have disappeared from your local supermarket's shelves -- and not come back.

With the help of the RFD community perhaps we can find out whether an item's lack of availability is locally-isolated or widespread -- and hopefully identify a chain or specific store location that still carries it (a *confirmed sighting*!). Or, perhaps if one of us has actually contacted the manufacturer and received a reply, we can confirm for the RFD community that the product has been indeed been permanently discontinued.
:idea:

To help give the posts in this thread a uniform look and hopefully to save you a bit of time if you're adding a new item to the thread, please find below a pre-formatted template that can be used: [indent]just Copy & Paste the text in the code-block below into your Reply and edit the fields as needed:
[php]I am looking for:[/php]
note: Of course, posting an image is not mandatory but it is helpful as it will help readers know what you're actually talking about. We might not have ever bought the item but we might recognize its package. Therefore, if you're not posting an image, please be sure to delete the relevant 'img tag' section from the template before posting and in its place, write a brief description of the item & its packaging type.[/indent]

I'll start it off with a few items that I can think of off the top of my head:

Anyone seen any of those items recently?

Haven't seen the Peek Freans Nice coconut cookies for probably a year now. Wonder what the deal is. Have they discontinued it?
May 29, 2003
461 posts
48 upvotes
Aurora
Supercooled wrote:
Jan 12th, 2015 9:01 am
Haven't seen the Peek Freans Nice coconut cookies for probably a year now. Wonder what the deal is. Have they discontinued it?
Hmmmm.... they are still listed on the peek Freans official site, but in different packaging. I haven't had them in years but now I have a craving for them! So light and crispy :)
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6675 posts
1341 upvotes
Franks Thick hot sauce has disappeared. My go to sauce for wings.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2010
1205 posts
85 upvotes
Anyone know what chains carry coaticook ice cream in Mississauga ? Used to be at metro, not there anymore and havnt seen it elsewhere
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2004
1335 posts
141 upvotes
Woodbridge
Nestlé crunch chocolate bars used to be available at my local no frills, but they stopped a few months ago. I last saw them at a stand at vaughan mills, but it was a lot more expensive than no frills.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13672 posts
2336 upvotes
Toronto
whatsinaname wrote:
May 17th, 2015 5:14 pm
Nestlé crunch chocolate bars used to be available at my local no frills, but they stopped a few months ago. I last saw them at a stand at vaughan mills, but it was a lot more expensive than no frills.
You might find them at Basics, but check the expiry date. Especially if they are sitting in a clearance bin. I was in a Basics in Scarborough when I saw them last. Two for a dollar. (clearance bin)
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13672 posts
2336 upvotes
Toronto
bonterra wrote:
May 17th, 2015 10:00 pm
Thanks for posting that link. I don't recall it saying "Ketchup style" when I was buying it. I wonder if it's disappeared for new packaging?

The did the same with their Sweet Chili Heat BBQ sauce, IIRC.
Pop into any one of the fancy Hot dog places. (I'm guessing...Fancy Franks? http://www.fancyfranks.com/ ) If you're lucky you'll see the old bottle there. Grab a look at the ingredients, if you can, then check the current ingredients @ the grocery store. That's what I would do...