Food & Drink

The "I can't find __ any more" thread (for food products recently found unavailable)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 17th, 2017 1:58 pm
May 28, 2012
9373 posts
1748 upvotes
Saskatoon
joeyjoejoe wrote:
Feb 27th, 2017 4:40 pm
Funny that this thread was bumped. I was at PAT Korean food market last night. While browsing the various aisles, my eyes fixated on the 1.89L Kikkoman Soy Sauce. I was wondering why and then I remembered this thread. I'm 6 months late, but confirmed... 1.89L Kikkoman Soy Sauce is not discontinued.
Thank you. I actually found it again at Costco, but only at the new location that opened up a few months ago. Strange that there would be different stock between Costcos but the person said that store was larger and could handle more items. I bought two jugs just in case. Winking Face
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
18060 posts
4660 upvotes
I also recently bought Kikkoman at Costco.
Like within the last monthish.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2015
1095 posts
255 upvotes
Ottawa,Ont
Mars2012 wrote:
Jun 19th, 2012 12:33 am
Does anyone know why Jif peanut butter is no longer sold in Canada? I had to buy a huge honkin' jar in Hawaii in December...got the note in my luggage that it was checked (wonder what they thought it was?). Jif is still made with (mostly) peanut oil, Kraft takes it all out and replaces it with soy bean oil.
Super old post I know...but Jif is officially back in Canada
May 28, 2012
9373 posts
1748 upvotes
Saskatoon
nikels21 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 1:24 pm
Super old post I know...but Jif is officially back in Canada
Thanks! Do you know where it's being sold?
Deal Addict
May 18, 2015
1095 posts
255 upvotes
Ottawa,Ont
Mars2012 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 1:26 pm
I have seen it at a Loblaws in Ottawa
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
10919 posts
1473 upvotes
Toronto
Mars2012 wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 1:26 pm
Sobey's flyer this week shows Jif on sale. 500g, $3.99 and 1kg $4.99 ➡ http://www.sobeys.com/en/flyer/?f=758 (Page 8, top right corner)
If that sounds great, it's up against Loblaws selling Kraft Crunchy and smooth 1KG jars for only $2.99
You really have to LOVE Jif for that extra two dollars. lol
May 28, 2012
9373 posts
1748 upvotes
Saskatoon
playnicee1 wrote:
Mar 24th, 2017 2:14 am
Sobey's flyer this week shows Jif on sale. 500g, $3.99 and 1kg $4.99 ➡ http://www.sobeys.com/en/flyer/?f=758 (Page 8, top right corner)
If that sounds great, it's up against Loblaws selling Kraft Crunchy and smooth 1KG jars for only $2.99
You really have to LOVE Jif for that extra two dollars. lol
Thanks, $4.99 is not that bad...I wonder if they are making it the same as before? I liked it better than Kraft because it contained actual peanut oil.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2008
2970 posts
405 upvotes
416 REAL T-D0T not 9…
Fire roasted mushrooms. Frozen in ~1kg bag from Costco. Have not seen it in a few months. Any ideas? Any alternatives that you guys and gals know of?
Like a blind man at an orgy, I was going to have to feel my way through.
Jan 23, 2017
324 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto
Used to buy blue corn tortilla chips made by Garden of Eatin' called Red Hot Blues.

They were always in the organic section at most Superstore/Loblaws but now they only seem to carry normal blue corn chips.

Anyone seen these anywhere in the GTA? I've almost considered ordering them online from the US. :lol:
Mar 30, 2017
3 posts
I am looking for:
Virgil's Root Beer (12oz x 4 pack)

- LAST SEEN APPROXIMATELY: ~2 months
- USED TO BUY IT AT: Wallmart Canada
- I`VE RECENTLY LOOKED FOR IT AT, UNSUCCESSFULLY: Walmart Heartland, South Common Walmart
- PRODUCT IMAGE:
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6124 posts
1064 upvotes
What's going on with Renee's brand vinaigrette? I went to Superstore, Metro and WalMart for the Blue Cheese variety. Each store only had Caesar and the shelf area labeled for the other varieties were all empty.

I had noticed Superstore's ready made salads were now accompanied by Litehouse dressings instead of Renees.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36363 posts
2370 upvotes
Toronto
Where can i find humpty dumpty cheddacorn?
Its not just cheese puffs... its in the shape of a scoop.
My gf loves these. She remembered it being common back in pei... and sold in grocery stores in brace bridge/huntsville when she lived there...

But no where to be found in toronto!!!
Except the variety store (that doubles as a country style and chester fried chicken take out) had them for a while before they stopped stocking them.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2009
3289 posts
1250 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
UrbanPoet wrote:
Apr 11th, 2017 12:43 pm
Where can i find humpty dumpty cheddacorn?
Its not just cheese puffs... its in the shape of a scoop.
My gf loves these. She remembered it being common back in pei... and sold in grocery stores in brace bridge/huntsville when she lived there...

But no where to be found in toronto!!!
Except the variety store (that doubles as a country style and chester fried chicken take out) had them for a while before they stopped stocking them.
Sorry, never heard of it. Could be a regional thing?
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2011
1053 posts
172 upvotes
Vancouver
bonterra wrote:
Apr 10th, 2017 10:04 pm
What's going on with Renee's brand vinaigrette? I went to Superstore, Metro and WalMart for the Blue Cheese variety. Each store only had Caesar and the shelf area labeled for the other varieties were all empty.

I had noticed Superstore's ready made salads were now accompanied by Litehouse dressings instead of Renees.
I noticed this about a month ago when I wanted to pick up a Greek style readymade salad at Loblaws City Market and the only dressing they had available was Lite Caesar. The girl behind the counter said there was a Renees shortage??? Since then they've either had Litehouse or have been filling little to-go cups with dressing. So it's a cross Canada thing.
Just looked at Renees facebook page where lots of people have been asking where it is and according to Renees reply April 9 production had been unable to meet demand and they are ramping so it should be back on shelves soon.