Food & Drink

The "I can't find __ any more" thread (for food products recently found unavailable)

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 24th, 2017 8:23 pm
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
5866 posts
966 upvotes
I can't find my favourite hot (ish, it's not really very hot) sauce, Midori Musashi Green Sriracha.

I finished a bottle, got one out of my sauce stash, and today went to buy a replacement. It had been widely available at Food Basics, Metro and Foodland.

Checking online sources, there was one bottle available from Kitchenomics through Amazon, that went out of stock as I searched.

Can somebody post if they spot it?
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
5866 posts
966 upvotes
Got the scoop from the source. Distribution company sold, product not picked up. Working on getting it back to the Canadian market, hopefully this summer. Looking forward to it coming back.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
3417 posts
150 upvotes
bonterra wrote:
Apr 18th, 2017 1:33 am
I can't find my favourite hot (ish, it's not really very hot) sauce, Midori Musashi Green Sriracha.

I finished a bottle, got one out of my sauce stash, and today went to buy a replacement. It had been widely available at Food Basics, Metro and Foodland.

Checking online sources, there was one bottle available from Kitchenomics through Amazon, that went out of stock as I searched.

Can somebody post if they spot it?
I think I saw it at the Sobey's at Bay & College in Toronto maybe a month ago; not sure if its still there. I noticed it because it was green sriracha and fairly expensive (somewhat sure it was around $7)
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
5866 posts
966 upvotes
Shimso wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 11:12 pm
I think I saw it at the Sobey's at Bay & College in Toronto maybe a month ago; not sure if its still there. I noticed it because it was green sriracha and fairly expensive (somewhat sure it was around $7)
Thanks, it was at Sobeys, Foodland, Food Basics and Metro until recently. I think the most I paid was $5.99 a bottle. This stuff is delicious, I like to mix it with mayonnaisse and use as a sauce for fish, add parmesan if it's used with chicken.

One store who had it awhile ago told me it went out of date and so was pulled from the shelves. Sure hope it comes back.
Jun 26, 2016
262 posts
35 upvotes
bonterra wrote:
Apr 19th, 2017 11:33 pm
Thanks, it was at Sobeys, Foodland, Food Basics and Metro until recently. I think the most I paid was $5.99 a bottle. This stuff is delicious, I like to mix it with mayonnaisse and use as a sauce for fish, add parmesan if it's used with chicken.

One store who had it awhile ago told me it went out of date and so was pulled from the shelves. Sure hope it comes back.
man now you have me wanting to try it!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8209 posts
1376 upvotes
London
bonterra wrote:
Apr 10th, 2017 10:04 pm
What's going on with Renee's brand vinaigrette? I went to Superstore, Metro and WalMart for the Blue Cheese variety. Each store only had Caesar and the shelf area labeled for the other varieties were all empty.

I had noticed Superstore's ready made salads were now accompanied by Litehouse dressings instead of Renees.
Renee's products were made at Richardson Foods in St. Marys. That facility closed at the end of 2016 and all production was moved to a Kraft plant in Montreal. They are obviously having trouble ramping up production there.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel