Food & Drink

The "I can't find __ any more" thread (for food products recently found unavailable)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2019 9:17 pm
Dec 8, 2015
83 posts
31 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
EEE2 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 11:46 pm
Not dissapointed per say but juicy fruit gum used to be so good, lasted so long. The ones they make now are really bad.
Fond memory, pure sugar. I would bounce off the walls after a stick of juicy fruit.Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Dec 8, 2015
83 posts
31 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
jerrysiz wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2018 7:13 pm
Pringles stix. Loved these single-serving sleeves of pocky-like cracker sticks in the honey-butter flavour, and only 60 calories a pack. Went looking to restock recently and they seem to be discontinued. Well, there goes my diet-friendly but satisfying movie theatre snack.
I had a weird love/hate relationship with Pringles Chips. I never knew why anyone would feel the need to eat and assemble perfectly placed chips. I like my chips free and independent.Winking Face
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4825 posts
824 upvotes
Mississauga
christie crackers... French onion flavour

belongs to the series of cheese nips, bacon dippers, vegetable thins
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1632 posts
592 upvotes
Ontario
Watermelons with big black seeds. I miss spitting them in the summertime, and the watermelon tasted better.
Yellow corn on the cob. I find the peaches and cream varities are all I can find now, and it's too sweet.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2769 posts
406 upvotes
jemjem9 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 3:19 pm
Fond memory, pure sugar. I would bounce off the walls after a stick of juicy fruit.Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
That's why I liked it. Single peace lasted me. Now I knew entire pack and still don't give me the same "effect".
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2007
2769 posts
406 upvotes
eager beaver wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 4:40 pm
Watermelons with big black seeds. I miss spitting them in the summertime, and the watermelon tasted better.
Yellow corn on the cob. I find the peaches and cream varities are all I can find now, and it's too sweet.
I think now they engineer them to be seedless. I love going to farms and getting real watermelons with seeds that taste really good.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13593 posts
2306 upvotes
Toronto
EEE2 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 5:29 pm
I think now they engineer them to be seedless. I love going to farms and getting real watermelons with seeds that taste really good.
I Hate seeds. I'm glad to see less and less or no seeds at all in watermelon...I am noticing more white seeds though.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
2784 posts
1774 upvotes
The NORTH
playnicee1 wrote:
Dec 5th, 2018 2:37 am
Hostess was bought by Lays a long time ago, but brought back for a short time in the early 2000's
Also gone: Humpty Dumpty potato chips...bought by a few different companies since they vanished. (small fry, Old dutch, etc)

Hostess is still available as Hickory sticks today (reason unknown)
Old Dutch still makes the Humpty Dumpty flavors of chips, they sell bags and boxes. The boxes of chips us the Humpty Dumpty recipe for the flavoring of the chips and the bags use the old Dutch flavor recipes. The trick is finding the boxes of chips.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13593 posts
2306 upvotes
Toronto
kr0zet wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 7:10 pm
Old Dutch still makes the Humpty Dumpty flavors of chips, they sell bags and boxes. The boxes of chips us the Humpty Dumpty recipe for the flavoring of the chips and the bags use the old Dutch flavor recipes. The trick is finding the boxes of chips.
A variety of choices, but where's the potato chips? ➡ https://www.olddutchfoods.ca/brand/humpty-dumpty
Apr 20, 2018
206 posts
16 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
Does anybody know where to get old tyme syrup?
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13593 posts
2306 upvotes
Toronto
kr0zet wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 7:34 pm
Old Dutch sells potato chips in Boxes These are the Humpty Dumpty flavor recipes.
...and that's what I said! No more Humpty Dumpty potato chips.
Note the ingredient differences (ie oil used-Old Dutch is using Vegetable oil while Humpty Dumpty uses Canola and/or Sunflower oil)
https://www.hannaford.com/product/Humpt ... 911190.uts#
https://www.olddutchfoods.ca/product-fl ... -chips/bbq

Looks like Humpty Dumpty Potato Chips are still available in the UK: https://newengland.com/today/food/new-e ... to-chip-2/
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
2784 posts
1774 upvotes
The NORTH
playnicee1 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 10:26 pm
...and that's what I said! No more Humpty Dumpty potato chips.
Note the ingredient differences (ie oil used-Old Dutch is using Vegetable oil while Humpty Dumpty uses Canola and/or Sunflower oil)
https://www.hannaford.com/product/Humpt ... 911190.uts#
https://www.olddutchfoods.ca/product-fl ... -chips/bbq

Looks like Humpty Dumpty Potato Chips are still available in the UK: https://newengland.com/today/food/new-e ... to-chip-2/
What we have here is failure to communicate... Let me try again. Old Dutch sells 2 different BBQ chips, one in a bag and one in a box. The bag BBQ uses the Old Dutch recipe. The Box uses the Humpty Dumpty recipe. You linked to the bag recipe saying it wasn't the Humpty Dumpty recipe, of course its different... The Old Dutch BOXES of chips (220g cardboard box of chips) use the Humpty Dumpty recipe.

Old Dutch Recipe:

Humpty Dumpty Recipe:

Im just telling you what an Old Dutch vendor told me when asking why they has potato chip boxes and bags. After buying out Humpty Dumpty there was a big demand for the Humpty flavors and as they are different they run a Potato Box line of the old Humpty recipes.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13593 posts
2306 upvotes
Toronto
kr0zet wrote:
Dec 9th, 2018 1:46 am
What we have here is failure to communicate... Let me try again. Old Dutch sells 2 different BBQ chips, one in a bag and one in a box. The bag BBQ uses the Old Dutch recipe. The Box uses the Humpty Dumpty recipe. You linked to the bag recipe saying it wasn't the Humpty Dumpty recipe, of course its different... The Old Dutch BOXES of chips (220g cardboard box of chips) use the Humpty Dumpty recipe.

Old Dutch Recipe:

Humpty Dumpty Recipe:

Im just telling you what an Old Dutch vendor told me when asking why they has potato chip boxes and bags. After buying out Humpty Dumpty there was a big demand for the Humpty flavors and as they are different they run a Potato Box line of the old Humpty recipes.
Old Dutch boxes are still showing vegetable oil, not sunflower oil and/or Canola oil...to name one difference.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
3065 posts
280 upvotes
jemjem9 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2018 3:27 pm
I had a weird love/hate relationship with Pringles Chips. I never knew why anyone would feel the need to eat and assemble perfectly placed chips. I like my chips free and independent.Winking Face
Yeah, I’m with you on their strange fake chips (potatoes come all ready to be sliced into chip form, grinding them up only to press them back into shape seems unnecessarily complicated), but those cracker “stix” they used to make were quite nice.