• Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2012 3:07 pm
Banned
Mar 4, 2010
209 posts
15 upvotes
madman604 wrote:
Nov 17th, 2012 9:30 am
i still fail to see the benefit of being able to shout "first!" when a OS update comes out. 99% of my time is using apps, not going through phone settings. I dunno why some people are so hyped about getting updates first.

as long as i dont get crashes and it runs smooth, i can wait 3 months for updates.

I run customs roms anyways so "pure" Android is useless to me. de-bloated is good tho.
Its more like a year behind. The s3 is still on ics and already 2 versions behind on software.
Apr 23, 2011
902 posts
112 upvotes
TORONTO
gilbaman wrote:
Nov 17th, 2012 5:01 pm
Its more like a year behind. The s3 is still on ics and already 2 versions behind on software.
Yup, still on 4.0.4 with i747m.

It's not a total deal killer, but it's quite annoying that this so called "flagship" model is not even on 4.1 yet.
May 10, 2010
171 posts
64 upvotes
Vancouver
aeobikes wrote:
Nov 18th, 2012 4:47 am
Yup, still on 4.0.4 with i747m.

It's not a total deal killer, but it's quite annoying that this so called "flagship" model is not even on 4.1 yet.
And yet I still found my s3 more potent than my uber up to date nexus 7.*shrug*
[OP]
Nov 13, 2004
98 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Reading the reviews on the N4 make me happy I got the S3. Phew.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1235 posts
160 upvotes
Gatineau
i am using a note but i dont have burn in issues... is it really common to have it or YMMV?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
15437 posts
810 upvotes
Woodbridge
THINKPADT61 wrote:
Nov 17th, 2012 9:47 am
I am currently a iPhone 5 user but if I ever lost my iPhone and in need of a replacement phone (without signing a new contract), I would definitely get the Nexus 4.

Nexus 4 is dirt cheap for a unlock phone, but without LTE and SD card slot, that really blows... If one were to sign a contract anyways, I would definitely consider a phone that's heavily discounted such as Galaxy S3 or iPhone 5. When you sign a contract, you need some kind of benefits!

Being a iPhone 5 user, people always put a sticker thinking I am a fanboy. Well, I am not. My view with iPhone 5 is two-third financial reasons: 1. Most subsidized phone on the market if sign with contract, meaning I get great discount! I paid $129 plus tax for a $699 retail phone. Beat out all others that I can think of in terms of discount. 2. Due to so many Apple fanboy out there, iPhone has best resell value on the market, so I get my money back (example: i bought a used iphone 4 for $360, used it, and sold it right before iphone 5 came out for $360! I also did this with ipad 2, ipod nano! I only lost $10 in total with all my Apple investment.). So having so many fanboy is a good thing. 3. Lastly, I use andriod before and I simply like iOS better. It just work very well IMO.
+1 I've lost $50, $75 on all my other Super Phones, which is not bad but when it comes to Apple I either break even or make money after a few months using it.

I really wanted to like the iPhone 5, sure I made $150 selling it but now I wish I kept my 64GB. :( I could've used it as my Back-Up and as an iPod, I'm looking for a 16GB now..

I'm not a fan of LG but because it's nexus I would consider it only if the price was even cheaper, $250 taxes in.
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2010
2635 posts
161 upvotes
Using my GS3 on stock Jellybean with 6 hours screen on time and 2 days off charger every single time. Loving it. Best of both worlds :)
Owner of hunks of metal, silicon, glass, plastic with 1s and 0s and some electrons powering them.
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2003
4246 posts
160 upvotes
lots of ppl going for s3 now. I know quite a few ppl from blackberry switched especially. I guess with free phone now, hard to resist
× < >