Cell Phones

I cracked the screen of my Galaxy S7 Edge, what's my best option here?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 3rd, 2017 7:25 pm
Apr 1, 2017
1 posts

I cracked the screen of my Galaxy S7 Edge, what's my best option here?

If I get a new one from bestbuy, its $4xx...
What should I do here

Any suggestions
Crying Face
3 replies
Nov 29, 2013
113 posts
42 upvotes
To be honest? If the phone is still usable, just use it. I asked someone in the industry, and the replacement part to fix a broken screen (broken digitizer) is around $385CAD. In bulk it's somewhat cheaper but the savings won't be passed on to you.

If it's just the glass broken, replacing the glass itself is time intensive and 99.9% of shops won't do it.

Best buy would likely just replace the whole front screen assembly, so the cost sounds about right.
Please give me a thumbs up if my answer helps!

Current Phones: Samsung Galaxy S5, Motorola G 3rd Gen, Huawei P9+, Essential PH-1
Current Plan: 8GB Koodo Promo Plan for $56, 50min/50txt Chatr Plan for $10
Deal Fanatic
Aug 16, 2010
7368 posts
4672 upvotes
Between Countries
crayonhead wrote: To be honest? If the phone is still usable, just use it. I asked someone in the industry, and the replacement part to fix a broken screen (broken digitizer) is around $385CAD. In bulk it's somewhat cheaper but the savings won't be passed on to you.

If it's just the glass broken, replacing the glass itself is time intensive and 99.9% of shops won't do it.

Best buy would likely just replace the whole front screen assembly, so the cost sounds about right.
Replacement cost of an S7 Edge screen (genuine) is high, though not quite that high. 350+tx would get you a replacement screen and installation. You're right - for all intents, replacing the glass on any Edge screen is impossible. Even refurb factories who specialize in glass replacements have a very low yield for Edges.

Basically, the screen on the S7 Edge is the entire top half of the phone. Screen, home button assy, soft key assy, charging port, etc... And eventually, you're going to have to either fix it or dump it - the more you put pressure on the broken glass, the more you'll risk damaging the digi and LCD. A temporary band aid solution could be to put on a tempered glass screen protector so you at least have some strength in the glass.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)