Food & Drink

I feel like McDonald's is getting too expensive.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 16th, 2017 5:40 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
4485 posts
2215 upvotes
With Ontario new minimum wage, no doubt food is going to be mighty expensive soon.... $10 big mac combos are on the way.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2014
1968 posts
434 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Sanyo wrote:
Aug 16th, 2017 10:52 pm
I hope you dont eat that everyday tho lol
No some days I get chicken nuggets w/ large fries
Nov 28, 2010
894 posts
124 upvotes
Brampton
Very annoying how the prices are skyrocketing now. Their value menu is no more. Junior chicken was $1.39 suddenly rising to 1.59, 1.69, 1.79 now 1.89 in a span of a year? Small fries went from 1.39 to now 1.59, mailer coupon prices are higher too. Theyvalso update the kiosk so you can't even customize your item such as adding lettuce, tomato or dress your mcdoubel as a bigmac like they used to. The app also went to hell after the update
Jan 31, 2016
176 posts
72 upvotes
AB
hotjoint wrote:
Jul 14th, 2017 10:23 am
I only eat mcdicks when they have coupons
When combos cost ~$6 even WITH coupons, you know it's getting terrible. McD's food quality is so low, even compared to other fast food chains (maybe except Tim Horton's), that it's a disgrace to even call it "food". I would much rather go to Wendy's, BK, A&W, pretty much any other place.
May 26, 2014
58 posts
30 upvotes
Dartmouth, NS
Very sad about the fall of the value menu. Three years ago I would go and get four value menu burgers on a sunday morning to cure a hangover for like 8 bucks. Now I get three for that price.
Apr 12, 2012
756 posts
167 upvotes
Toronto
If you buy 4 McDoubles (!), you can buy two first, finish them then buy two again. Each time, the total is less than $4, so the tax is only 5% and not 13%.
The simplest acts of kindness are by far more powerful than a thousand heads bowing in prayer.
- Mahatma Gandhi
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7449 posts
766 upvotes
Victoria
f2c2sd5g wrote:
Aug 31st, 2017 1:11 pm
When combos cost ~$6 even WITH coupons, you know it's getting terrible. McD's food quality is so low, even compared to other fast food chains (maybe except Tim Horton's), that it's a disgrace to even call it "food". I would much rather go to Wendy's, BK, A&W, pretty much any other place.
That's how I feel about it. McDonald's never used to be as good as Wendy's or A&W. They were cheaper which is why I went there. Now it feels like the quality of McDonald's has declined and the prices are the same as Wendy's/A&W. No real reason to buy dinner at McD's. Given that there prices are no better than the competition, it's an easy choice to get the better food from the competition.
Aug 1, 2007
551 posts
27 upvotes
zod wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 12:31 am
That's how I feel about it. McDonald's never used to be as good as Wendy's or A&W. They were cheaper which is why I went there. Now it feels like the quality of McDonald's has declined and the prices are the same as Wendy's/A&W. No real reason to buy dinner at McD's. Given that there prices are no better than the competition, it's an easy choice to get the better food from the competition.
True there food is better but McDonald's is every where compared to A&W and Wendy's. Sometimes you don't want to drive around looking for food.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
7449 posts
766 upvotes
Victoria
Killer_Saves wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 5:12 pm
True there food is better but McDonald's is every where compared to A&W and Wendy's. Sometimes you don't want to drive around looking for food.
I guess it depends where you live. In my area it's not hard to find an A&W but Wendy's are harder to find (this we never really go to Wendy's).
Nov 12, 2012
136 posts
16 upvotes
Port Moody
I agree that it's getting to expensive there. I buy my kids dinner there once every week or two, and the combo prices for just a nugget meal are ridiculous!!! And they just keep going up!!!

And i get a salad there at least once a week on my lunch break, and the salads are like $8.39 with tax - also ridiculous! I'm quite annoyed with the Greek salad most days because one of two locations I've gone to are always out of croutons or dressing. One location said, "Croutons don't come with that salad!" when I asked to get them. Uh, they CLEARLY do if you look at the website. I can get a half salad at Wendy's for $5.55 that has more fruit/veggie content. Less chicken - but heck, it's the veggies that seem to cost the money! When I don't feel like paying for a salad, I get a cheeseburger and a side salad - that's cheaper, and there's probably just as much veggies!

I started to use the app once I saw the menu prices go up so much. Now I get $1.00 off here and there, or buy one get one free, and even got a 1/2 price salad once (that was a HUGE score).

I go to McDonald's purely for convenience, not for the prices. I much prefer Wendy's, Burger King and Dairy Queen. I can get a value meal for $7 at Dairy Queen - and that includes a sundae!
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2012
4538 posts
370 upvotes
Toronto
Stopped going to mcdonalds for few months already, their buns makes me vomit now. (before i used to eat a lot of their burgers).
Sep 9, 2017
6 posts
1 upvote
Yeah, agreed with you guys. Mcdonalds is really busy.

I think they are so fast with drive thru and 24 hour service in many places still keeps them so busy.

But NOT CHEAP!
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
1451 posts
432 upvotes
I need 2x6 nuggets + a mcdouble to be full. Or I could just buy a grocery precooked whole chicken for less than mcd is charging.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2028 posts
70 upvotes
Toronto
+1

The other day I ordered 1x 6pc for 1$ + 1x big mac for $1 and a large drink. Wasn't "full" yet. I left disappointed.