Food & Drink

I feel like McDonald's is getting too expensive.

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2018 9:25 pm
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13393 posts
2206 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 1:21 pm
Quality does not equal price point. Over $10 with tax is crazy.

Only meal I will buy at McDonalds is the $5 McDouble deal. It's really not much less food for about 1/2 the price.
Are students still getting the McDouble combo for $4 with the SPC card?
Aug 6, 2018
11 posts
9 upvotes
mrweather wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 4:42 pm
No way. A&W should keep with the ice-free drinks. It’s incredible how much ice other burger places out in the cup before dispensing the drink.

Fortunately, places like Burger King and Five Guys let you pour your own drink so at least then you can control the ice.
Just ask for a small amount of ice that way they can't screw you over. Wendy's is the worst culprit when it comes to giving you a cup full of ice.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
3358 posts
1219 upvotes
oroku1983 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 6:19 pm
Just ask for a small amount of ice that way they can't screw you over. Wendy's is the worst culprit when it comes to giving you a cup full of ice.
The ice numbs your taste buds and prevents you from realizing the revised root beer recipe sucks.
May 1, 2018
407 posts
206 upvotes
Vancouver
funcanuck wrote:
Oct 27th, 2018 4:55 pm
So I was browsing through the kiosk and 10 piece chicken nuggets are $7.49 in West Vancouver. That's ridiculous. Burger king they are $2.99 at the moment.
On another note people often throw out the monopoly pieces without checking, so I picked it off the top of the garbage and got a free Big Mac. I would never pay $5.99 for it normally.
Park Royal McDonalds is pretty pricy. Also remember the area is full of wealthy people so it's not like the extra increase matters for wealthy people.

Also, how did you get a free Big Mac? Is it the free Sandwich thing they have because I didnt know it could apply to any sandwich they have.. thought it was a generic cheapest of the cheapest burger.
Sep 21, 2017
75 posts
28 upvotes
Vancouver
Alivenate wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 11:14 pm
Park Royal McDonalds is pretty pricy. Also remember the area is full of wealthy people so it's not like the extra increase matters for wealthy people.

Also, how did you get a free Big Mac? Is it the free Sandwich thing they have because I didnt know it could apply to any sandwich they have.. thought it was a generic cheapest of the cheapest burger.

Yeah it was the free sandwich piece which applies to Big Mac • Quarter Pounder with Cheese • McChicken • Filet-O-Fish • Hamburger • Cheeseburger • Double Cheeseburger • McDouble • Junior Chicken. I always go for the more expensive choice which is especially nice when you get more monopoly pieces and can win again.

But there is also a piece for just a cheese burger, which is really small and I can eat in like 3 bites.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9039 posts
1765 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2018 5:06 pm
Are students still getting the McDouble combo for $4 with the SPC card?
No idea - I'm not a student.

When I was a student a Big Mac combo was $3.99 every day. LOL.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13393 posts
2206 upvotes
Toronto
kool1 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 8:23 am
When I was a student a Big Mac combo was $3.99 every day. LOL.
Yeah, and no card required, lol, and in Ontario that meant the $4 or less rule applied. YAY! I really wish they'd raise that $4 level to keep with the times.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9039 posts
1765 upvotes
playnicee1 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 9:23 am
Yeah, and no card required, lol, and in Ontario that meant the $4 or less rule applied. YAY! I really wish they'd raise that $4 level to keep with the times.
Should be at least $5 now.
Feb 16, 2018
170 posts
87 upvotes
kool1 wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 9:44 am
Should be at least $5 now.
lol, good luck with that. Like the government would take the hit to their revenues
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13393 posts
2206 upvotes
Toronto
HghSsociety wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 11:55 am
lol, good luck with that. Like the government would take the hit to their revenues
Why did government "take the hit" in the very first place? Think about that!!
Dec 5, 2005
804 posts
118 upvotes
If their app ever works properly on my phone and it doesn't have a good coupon, and I've done their survey I will use that a couple of times before it expires. It does not work on the kiosk though. That's buy a sandwich and get fries & drink free.

One WM McDs here has $2 for 6x chicken mcnuggets. One has a different $5 combo deal. One has cheaper coffee. Yesterday I was at a WM McDs where a cheeseburger was $2.29. More expensive than the better option of the $1.99 McDouble.
Sep 21, 2017
75 posts
28 upvotes
Vancouver
chaingunsofdoom wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 1:00 pm
If their app ever works properly on my phone and it doesn't have a good coupon, and I've done their survey I will use that a couple of times before it expires. It does not work on the kiosk though. That's buy a sandwich and get fries & drink free.

One WM McDs here has $2 for 6x chicken mcnuggets. One has a different $5 combo deal. One has cheaper coffee. Yesterday I was at a WM McDs where a cheeseburger was $2.29. More expensive than the better option of the $1.99 McDouble.
The app hasn't been working for me since the start of monopoly. It opens but nothing happens when I touch the screen it's just stuck on the Monopoly page, I tried uninstalling it and updating but still nothing. Super annoying. I feel like a sucker if I pay full price for most things at Mcdonalds.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13393 posts
2206 upvotes
Toronto
funcanuck wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 3:29 pm
The app hasn't been working for me since the start of monopoly. It opens but nothing happens when I touch the screen it's just stuck on the Monopoly page, I tried uninstalling it and updating but still nothing. Super annoying. I feel like a sucker if I pay full price for most things at Mcdonalds.
There is a side screen where you can click on "offers".
May 1, 2018
407 posts
206 upvotes
Vancouver
funcanuck wrote:
Nov 1st, 2018 1:57 am
Yeah it was the free sandwich piece which applies to Big Mac • Quarter Pounder with Cheese • McChicken • Filet-O-Fish • Hamburger • Cheeseburger • Double Cheeseburger • McDouble • Junior Chicken. I always go for the more expensive choice which is especially nice when you get more monopoly pieces and can win again.

But there is also a piece for just a cheese burger, which is really small and I can eat in like 3 bites.
All this time, I thought free Sandwich meant they gave you the cheapest quality burger (lower than McDouble). Damn I've been fooled all along.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
13393 posts
2206 upvotes
Toronto
Alivenate wrote:
Nov 3rd, 2018 11:50 pm
All this time, I thought free Sandwich meant they gave you the cheapest quality burger (lower than McDouble). Damn I've been fooled all along.
No. The idea is to give away Big Mac's and Quarter pounders as much as possible so that the taste plants into the brain in hopes that you'll pay regular price some other time when you might crave that exact burger.
(a time when you might have gone some place else normally)