Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2008
1983 posts
389 upvotes
Aurora

I got a Rogers Nextbox 3.0...

Is it normal for the fan to be running 24/7?

What is the Ethernet port used for?

I was told the USB port can be used to expand the storage capacity - is this true?

When using the PVR it asks if I want to record "all" episodes or only "new" ones. How does it define "new"?
I'm looking for the option that will record ALL episodes that I currently do not have on the drive, regardless of age.

Thanks.
4 replies
Aug 1, 2007
807 posts
98 upvotes
USB and Ethernet port disabled.
Defines new based on what the guide shows. Only option to record all episodes regardless of age is to click record all.
Fan question not sure as I don't hear mine all the time.
Deal Expert
Aug 26, 2002
15719 posts
7445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Gweedz wrote: Is it normal for the fan to be running 24/7?

What is the Ethernet port used for?

I was told the USB port can be used to expand the storage capacity - is this true?

When using the PVR it asks if I want to record "all" episodes or only "new" ones. How does it define "new"?
I'm looking for the option that will record ALL episodes that I currently do not have on the drive, regardless of age.

Thanks.
Are you sure it's a fan you're hearing and not the hum of the hard drive? Make sure there's adequate air circulation under, around and on top of the box.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2008
1983 posts
389 upvotes
Aurora
rvs007 wrote: Are you sure it's a fan you're hearing and not the hum of the hard drive? Make sure there's adequate air circulation under, around and on top of the box.
It could be both - but for sure the fan as I can feel air coming out of the right side.

But even if the noise were the hard drive, wouldn't it wind down after some period of inactivity?
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20458 upvotes
I can attest the "fan" runs all the time. I doubt the sound is from the hard drive. It is way too noisy to be coming from the hard drive.

As for your question about new, new means new, first run. If you look at the guide, you will see the new label for first run shows.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)