Careers

I got a test with Service Canada as a Citizen Service Officer

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 10:53 pm
Apr 1, 2019
23 posts
9 upvotes
stdom1015 wrote: Anyone has any update for pso in Edmonton??
I'm from Edmonton. have been in the qualified pool since the end of May. Still waiting for my reliability clearance which has now taken over 4 months for whatever reason though I have no issues with criminal history, or credit issues. The few times I have contacted the assessment team, they said they were upcoming classes planned for the summer and early fall, though no classes apparently have been scheduled as I have a friend of a friend who works as a PSO who let me know.

From what I have seen on this thread, I could be wrong, but no one (regardless of location) has started any position. People get contacted about future dates and gauging interest, but that's it. If this how things are done while people wait blindly, I can only imagine how they are done if you are hired. I am just glad I have a good job currently, and don't need to wait on anything/anyone.
Jul 18, 2019
36 posts
6 upvotes
NewGirl123456 wrote: Hi,
I am in the Toronto area and am wondering if anyone else on here was approached for the Payment Services Officer position in Scarborough for an Aug 22nd start date? (2019-CSD-EA-ONT-10071)
I wrote my test in May, did my interview in early July after getting instructed that I should be ready to start as early as July 25th. During the interview I asked about that and they said no, that was a tentative start date but it would be later on. Then I got an email July 31st soliciting interest for a potential Aug 22nd date, saying they will now do security and reference check. I replied on the 31st saying yes and providing my info. Have not heard back yet and my references have not been called yet.
Anyone else expecting a start date of Aug 22 in Scarborough, and if so, have you gotten past the security check / reference check stage yet?
Thanks
Nope, still waiting!
Aug 11, 2011
36 posts
2 upvotes
EDMONTON
jaz1368 wrote: I'm from Edmonton. have been in the qualified pool since the end of May. Still waiting for my reliability clearance which has now taken over 4 months for whatever reason though I have no issues with criminal history, or credit issues. The few times I have contacted the assessment team, they said they were upcoming classes planned for the summer and early fall, though no classes apparently have been scheduled as I have a friend of a friend who works as a PSO who let me know.

From what I have seen on this thread, I could be wrong, but no one (regardless of location) has started any position. People get contacted about future dates and gauging interest, but that's it. If this how things are done while people wait blindly, I can only imagine how they are done if you are hired. I am just glad I have a good job currently, and don't need to wait on anything/anyone.
I got an email that I was placed in an essentially-qualified pool (I don’t even what it means) in late June and I haven’t heard from them since then. During the interview, they told me they planned to have a training in July but so far there’s nothing.
May 11, 2019
23 posts
4 upvotes
Any updates on PM01 Toronto/Scarborough positions?. Ref were checked in early July and fingerprints done a week later. No contact since then :(
Jul 17, 2019
22 posts
5 upvotes
Have you heard anything back? This wait and process is so frustrating omg
Dec 29, 2012
145 posts
142 upvotes
Edmonton
Got an email back in July that I got placed in an essentially-qualified pool for a posistion in Transport Canada. Now I wait.
Aug 14, 2019
6 posts
Hello, i just got invited for an interview for the position of citizen service officer-passport officer in edmonton, can you tell me what to expect as questions ? Thanks
Jul 17, 2019
22 posts
5 upvotes
Update for Scarborough Aug 22 start date: just got request to fingerprint. Omg. Will this take another 5 years
Jul 18, 2019
36 posts
6 upvotes
I got the same email. Ugh

TrynaPayRent wrote: Update for Scarborough Aug 22 start date: just got request to fingerprint. Omg. Will this take another 5 years
Jul 17, 2019
22 posts
5 upvotes
Yen342 wrote: I got the same email. Ugh
It’s so strange because they said the potential start date is next Thursday and the due date for the finger printing is due Monday. Are we gonna get a call the day before? LOL

Have your references been contacted? Mine haven’t so it’s so strange to get a solicitation of interest and a request to fingerprint
Jul 18, 2019
36 posts
6 upvotes
TrynaPayRent wrote: It’s so strange because they said the potential start date is next Thursday and the due date for the finger printing is due Monday. Are we gonna get a call the day before? LOL

Have your references been contacted? Mine haven’t so it’s so strange to get a solicitation of interest and a request to fingerprint
My references were contacted last week. I find this whole process frustrating lol
Jul 17, 2019
22 posts
5 upvotes
Yen342 wrote: My references were contacted last week. I find this whole process frustrating lol
Yikes I wonder if I should be worried that my references haven’t been contacted...although honestly this process IS so frustrating that it eventually drains you of worry or any emotion really
Jul 18, 2019
36 posts
6 upvotes
TrynaPayRent wrote: Yikes I wonder if I should be worried that my references haven’t been contacted...although honestly this process IS so frustrating that it eventually drains you of worry or any emotion really

No I wouldn’t be worried!
Aug 14, 2019
23 posts
7 upvotes
Hi, when did you get an invitation? Did you have any written assessments done ? Thanks
Jul 17, 2019
22 posts
5 upvotes
NewGirl123456 wrote: Hi Yen342 and TrynaPayRent, I got the email this morning 9 a.m. to go for fingerprints and ran to get them done. I'm also waiting on the Scarborough Aug 22 start date and wishing I could know if that date is still in the running or if they are now looking at putting us in a pool, or what. Let's keep each other posted!
I really hope no pool for us. I want all of us to get a LOO and also a 1000000% raise for the emotional trauma of the waiting game right away LOL I’m getting my fingerprints done today, but yes I’ll keep you posted!
Jul 17, 2019
22 posts
5 upvotes
masha416 wrote: Hi, when did you get an invitation? Did you have any written assessments done ? Thanks
For the PSO position, I did a written assessment I believe May 15, interview July 11, solicitation of interest July 31, and request to finger print Aug 15. Hope this helps!
Aug 5, 2019
17 posts
6 upvotes
TrynaPayRent wrote: I really hope no pool for us. I want all of us to get a LOO and also a 1000000% raise for the emotional trauma of the waiting game right away LOL I’m getting my fingerprints done today, but yes I’ll keep you posted!
LOL yes let's hope we all get offers and laugh about this at our new job. Good luck!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)