Careers

I got a test with Service Canada as a Citizen Service Officer

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 10:53 pm
Mar 5, 2020
2 posts
Thank you Smiling Face With Smiling Eyes. She mentioned that start date would be july 20th, i guess that’y they are not sending offer letter so early. Good luck to u
Jun 28, 2020
2 posts
Hi, I just submitted my application for citizen services officer but didn't get any email confirmation, is this normal?
Jan 8, 2020
8 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver
They do not send confirmation for application submitted. You will only hear from them via email if you will be considered for written tests or interview
Oct 29, 2019
53 posts
16 upvotes
Hey guys,
I had applied for the 201-CSD-EA-BC-14377-Citizen Services Officer, Passport Officer posting in September 2019, and got screened in to give the written exam on June 2nd 2020.
I cleared the written exams and I have been given an interview date next week. The competencies to be assessed are dependability and interpersonal awareness.
I am unable to find these competencies online on Government of Canada website. Could anyone please help me find the assessment criteria that would be used (and possible questions they can ask in the interview)?

Really hoping to clear this one as I'm pretty sure my other PM-03 competition is either gonna bomb or not get selected into the pool Neutral Face :facepalm: :rolleyes:
Feb 26, 2020
8 posts
1 upvote
aimarthegreat wrote: Hey guys,
I had applied for the 201-CSD-EA-BC-14377-Citizen Services Officer, Passport Officer posting in September 2019, and got screened in to give the written exam on June 2nd 2020.
I cleared the written exams and I have been given an interview date next week. The competencies to be assessed are dependability and interpersonal awareness.
I am unable to find these competencies online on Government of Canada website. Could anyone please help me find the assessment criteria that would be used (and possible questions they can ask in the interview)?

Really hoping to clear this one as I'm pretty sure my other PM-03 competition is either gonna bomb or not get selected into the pool Neutral Face :facepalm: :rolleyes:
Hi, I had an interview for this position in January in Toronto. It was a very structured interview with a written component and a verbal one. The written part asked you to answer some scenario type questions like tell me about a time etc...and the verbal questions are also scenario type questions where you are asked how you would respond in certain situations. It's a very basic interview. I was asked to do fingerprints a couple of months later and then my references were contacted soon after and I was placed in the pool. Good luck on the interview! What city are you in?
Oct 29, 2019
53 posts
16 upvotes
Sabrina2020 wrote: Hi, I had an interview for this position in January in Toronto. It was a very structured interview with a written component and a verbal one. The written part asked you to answer some scenario type questions like tell me about a time etc...and the verbal questions are also scenario type questions where you are asked how you would respond in certain situations. It's a very basic interview. I was asked to do fingerprints a couple of months later and then my references were contacted soon after and I was placed in the pool. Good luck on the interview! What city are you in?
Hi thanks for responding. I'm in Surrey BC and this position is intended to staff Service Canada centers in Northern BC. I've actually cleared the written component and now having a phone interview. Were you given the same assessment criteria in the interview?

You are in the pool since January? I hope you get an offer soon!!
Feb 26, 2020
8 posts
1 upvote
aimarthegreat wrote: Hi thanks for responding. I'm in Surrey BC and this position is intended to staff Service Canada centers in Northern BC. I've actually cleared the written component and now having a phone interview. Were you given the same assessment criteria in the

interview?

Hi, I had my interview in person, so I'm not sure if yours will be different since it's over the phone. I did get a call from a hiring manager at the end of February at a Service Canada location in Toronto and she said that they were going to be hiring but then Covid19 hit and I haven't heard anything since then. I'm not sure how the pandemic has affected things but hopefully I'll hear something before the pool expires in October. Best of luck on the interview!

You are in the pool since January? I hope you get an offer soon!!
Oct 29, 2019
53 posts
16 upvotes
Thank you. I know you can't disclose the questions but if you can at least let me know what kind of questions to prepare for, that will be helpful.
Sep 5, 2009
312 posts
147 upvotes
For those who got asked to do fingerprints, how soon after was your offer made?
Jan 8, 2020
8 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver
5 months for me. Was placed in the “essentially qualified pool 2 months after fingerprints then 3 months after being placed in the pool. The delay could also due to the pandemic so timeline could be faster. But I also see (from this thread that it can be anytime from months to 2 years so timeline is no guarantee)
Jul 8, 2020
1 posts
Here is my timeline:
Applied: December, 2019
Test: Late January, 2020
Interviewed: Early March, 2020
Reference checked: March, 2020
Pooled : May, 2020
Police background check: July, 2020

Question:
Anyone know that if I happen to be selected and I cannot make it for the first time as kids are at home, will I go back to the pool waiting to be selected again or I am done with this pool?
Jun 22, 2020
7 posts
1 upvote
Hello,

I have a question. Does anyone know what happens if you send the online written assignment via Email after the alloted time ? Are you automatically disqualified ? Has anyone been in this situation ?
Jul 16, 2020
7 posts
Has anyone gotten a job offer recently (since march after covid) at EI or CPP processing centre pso job?
Jan 8, 2020
8 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver
Yes, got called on June 16 and signed offer yesterday
Jul 16, 2020
7 posts
Thanks. Was it EI or cpp? And which location?
I had an interview in feb and references contacted but nothing since.
Jan 8, 2020
8 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver
CPP/OAS Edmonton - did they asked you to get fingerprint And security check after the interview?
Jul 16, 2020
6 posts
I was invited to do a virtual interview in a couple of days... but I haven’t done the written test yet... from this thread, looks like everyone got the written test done before the interviews... just a little confused... did they change the procedure because of this pandemic?
Jul 16, 2020
7 posts
Bolivia88 wrote: CPP/OAS Edmonton - did they asked you to get fingerprint And security check after the interview?
Only interview, test and references. Im in ontario.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)