I got a test with Service Canada as a Citizen Service Officer

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 1:36 pm
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6991 upvotes
GTA
IDchanel wrote: So, most of you received confirmation without clearing fingerprints?

Again, this is all over the place.
Yeah. It seems like it, confirmation is just for interest of department or role but the email specifically says that it is not an offer.
Mar 8, 2021
22 posts
2 upvotes
coriolis wrote: Yeah. It seems like it, confirmation is just for interest of department or role but the email specifically says that it is not an offer.
Right. How many days after submitting your fingerprints did you get the call/email?
Mar 24, 2021
19 posts
14 upvotes
I submitted my fingerprints March 1st but the deadline to submit was March 5th and then March 12 I got the solicitation email.
Nov 22, 2008
372 posts
145 upvotes
There should have been 2 emails though. One was for solicitation of interest which explicitly says it was not an offer. The second would be a confirmation of availability for employment which listed out all the details, as well as saying that the appointment to position is pending certain criterias.

With that said, still haven't received anything today..Hopeful for tomorrow.
Mar 8, 2021
22 posts
2 upvotes
Thank you. Hopefully will hear something soon.

Good luck everyone!
Mar 24, 2021
19 posts
14 upvotes
Ya i got the confirmation of availability March 22 and the manager called me for SIN and DOB March 23. And havn’t heard from them after that
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6991 upvotes
GTA
It seems like there are mostly two groups of people here for PM01, either CPP or EI, with training date start Apr 15.

Group 1. All security checks done, received only Solicitation of Interest with no actual offer. No contact since.

Group 2. All security checks done, received solicitation of interest email and confirmation of avalability of employment email, with a phonecall for request of SIN and DOB details.

I am in group 1.
Mar 24, 2021
19 posts
14 upvotes
Hey guys, so I emailed the manager and I got a response today:

Good Morning Mary,

I apologize for the delay in responding to your e-mail. Please be advised that your security clearance has gone through and there is currently nothing required of you at this time. We are still in the process of completing all the steps of the hiring process. Rest assured, if there are any issues that come up, you will be contacted.

Thank you,

Caroline
Mar 22, 2021
22 posts
10 upvotes
Good afternoon,

I have contacted the committee regarding the email that they are supposed to send for joining instructions yesterday Mar 29. They said that we should continue to monitor emails in the coming days. I'm assuming that they are still clearing people for the availability for employement emails.
Nov 22, 2008
372 posts
145 upvotes
Just received my joining instructions and handed in my LoR. Be patient guys and good luck!
Mar 25, 2021
14 posts
20 upvotes
1ton wrote: Just received my joining instructions and handed in my LoR. Be patient guys and good luck!
*Sitting here refreshing my email constantly* lol
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6991 upvotes
GTA
1ton wrote: Just received my joining instructions and handed in my LoR. Be patient guys and good luck!
Congrats! Was your references contacted? Still nothing here.
AmandaRocks13 wrote:
*Sitting here refreshing my email constantly* lol
You and me both! I didn't get the email with confirmation of avalability to accept employment, nor a phone call asking for DOB or SIN though. No contact since March 20th when the Solicitation email came.

I interviewed for a different Gov Dept last year and that process took less then 2 weeks start to end, but it was a specialized position. Obviously I didn't get it, but that dept is my end goal eventually.
Last edited by coriolis on Mar 30th, 2021 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 8, 2021
22 posts
2 upvotes
Congrats!
Mar 1, 2021
47 posts
22 upvotes
Congrats!!!
Nov 22, 2008
372 posts
145 upvotes
coriolis wrote: Congrats! Was your references contacted? Still nothing here.
No, actually. I feel like the whole reference process was completely forgone.
Mar 29, 2021
5 posts
3 upvotes
Did anyone else receive an email titled "JOIN OUR DYNAMIC TEAM...." it goes over how this posting will be taken down tomorrow?

I have pretty bad anxiety so im reading this as "no longer being considered for the position" even though ive gone thru the fingerprints, and the solicitation of interest. I hope we (the people who are waiting for an offer) will be emailed regarding the offer soon. i would really really like to leave my current job.
Feb 25, 2021
41 posts
28 upvotes
mksmuse wrote: Did anyone else receive an email titled "JOIN OUR DYNAMIC TEAM...." it goes over how this posting will be taken down tomorrow?

I have pretty bad anxiety so im reading this as "no longer being considered for the position" even though ive gone thru the fingerprints, and the solicitation of interest. I hope we (the people who are waiting for an offer) will be emailed regarding the offer soon. i would really really like to leave my current job.
Yes I received this email as well.. I have no idea what it means and I’m very confused by the wordings.

This is very different from other “expiring soon” emails with GC jobs. They usually warn candidates 5 days in advance to renew their application.

What does this mean? Do we need to re-apply? But it says: “if you have not been contacted for assessment in relation to this process.....” but we DID the assessments already.

I’m very confused. I emailed them but haven’t heard back...
Last edited by newhereCAN on Mar 31st, 2021 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 8, 2021
22 posts
2 upvotes
On their website the posting is expiring on August 2021.
Mar 1, 2021
47 posts
22 upvotes
I think this is different. I believe everyone who applied for the process received this e-mail..

The reason why we didn't receive an 'about to expire' email is because the position of PSO is now filled...or they have either hired all their candidates or they have reached their quota for 'qualified candidates pool' who can remain in their 'inventory' for x amount of time.

This e-mail is different from others because the close date on the other positons have not been reached yet.

I don't think those of us who have succeeded the interviews for PSO have to worry about today's e-mail.
Mar 1, 2021
47 posts
22 upvotes
IDchanel wrote: On their website the posting is expiring on August 2021.
Yup in the e-mail they said there was a new ad.