Careers

I got a test with Service Canada as a Citizen Service Officer

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 1:36 pm
May 13, 2015
22 posts
2 upvotes
East York, ON
spudlauncher wrote: They are still interviewing, and reference checks won't be done until june-july. Offers are probably going out at the end of August, to start sometime in September. the EI call centre typically hires classes of 20 at a time. Training is typically around 9 weeks long, so there is a possibility for another class in november, july, march , etc. It is a pool, so no guarantees.

The PSO are always term, but the likelihood of getting renewed every year for a 1 year contract is very high, especially for EI, since the turnover rate is appalling.
Thank you for the information. Typically how soon to the training date do they make an offer, 2weeks or more?
Thank you
Apr 7, 2015
16 posts
Scarborough, ON
I have a question for those who have already worked for gov. particularly for payment service officer/tax agent positions, how is it actually to work for gov call centers? Did you guys quit your full time jobs to pick a term position with gov.? i am just curious...
May 31, 2015
88 posts
20 upvotes
British Columbia
skb2015 wrote: Has any one heard anything back re: positions in BC. I was interviewed in March and nothing.
If you're referring to the combined passport officer/citizen service officer competition, it hasn't concluded yet but references checks have been done. If you were not contacted to submit security clearance forms and to confirm operational requirements, then you've likely been screened out as they asked for all of that information in April.
May 20, 2015
8 posts
1 upvote
Ottawa, ON
amb1977 wrote: If you're referring to the combined passport officer/citizen service officer competition, it hasn't concluded yet but references checks have been done. If you were not contacted to submit security clearance forms and to confirm operational requirements, then you've likely been screened out as they asked for all of that information in April.
Thanks Ambz. Did you apply in Vancouver?
May 31, 2015
88 posts
20 upvotes
British Columbia
skb2015 wrote: Thanks Ambz. Did you apply in Vancouver?
Not Vancouver, but in the Lower Mainland. I think right now they are just wrapping up security clearances and then they will notify those who applied about whether or not they were successful in the process.
May 20, 2015
8 posts
1 upvote
Ottawa, ON
amb1977 wrote: Not Vancouver, but in the Lower Mainland. I think right now they are just wrapping up security clearances and then they will notify those who applied about whether or not they were successful in the process.
Thanks again for the response. Good luck!
May 31, 2015
88 posts
20 upvotes
British Columbia
skb2015 wrote: Thanks again for the response. Good luck!
You're welcome and thank you!
May 20, 2015
8 posts
1 upvote
Ottawa, ON
amb1977 wrote: You're welcome and thank you!
I do wish them would advise you one way or the other. I am working for the Feds and have a secret clearance.
May 31, 2015
88 posts
20 upvotes
British Columbia
skb2015 wrote: I do wish them would advise you one way or the other. I am working for the Feds and have a secret clearance.
I agree. The wait can definitely be a test of one's patience! I think that they should notify people as soon as they are screened out of a completion so they are not waiting and wondering for so long. I'm with the Feds already as well and have secret security clearance. The last contact about this competition was towards the end of April so I'm hoping to hear the results soon. Likely will be thrown into a pool, but it would be nice to know if I am or not!
May 13, 2015
22 posts
2 upvotes
East York, ON
Do they run another security check, if you had one done within a year?
Sep 21, 2004
11413 posts
7186 upvotes
Calgary
temi123 wrote: Do they run another security check, if you had one done within a year?
Probably. Just like they have to check your college education every single freaking time despite the fact you have been working for the Federal govt for 3 years.
May 13, 2015
22 posts
2 upvotes
East York, ON
b166er1337 wrote: Probably. Just like they have to check your college education every single freaking time despite the fact you have been working for the Federal govt for 3 years.
Thank you. I had applied for another position in Alberta and am waiting to hear back. Has anyone ever called or emailed to find out about the status of their application, if pending for so long?
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2331 posts
826 upvotes
temi123 wrote: Thank you. I had applied for another position in Alberta and am waiting to hear back. Has anyone ever called or emailed to find out about the status of their application, if pending for so long?
Was it for Passport Officer position? If so, I applied for that couple of months back. About 2 weeks ago, they sent me an assessment to do from home. I did it promptly and sent it back to them.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2331 posts
826 upvotes
b166er1337 wrote: Probably. Just like they have to check your college education every single freaking time despite the fact you have been working for the Federal govt for 3 years.
How do they verify international education?
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2331 posts
826 upvotes
iamzak wrote: I have a question for those who have already worked for gov. particularly for payment service officer/tax agent positions, how is it actually to work for gov call centers? Did you guys quit your full time jobs to pick a term position with gov.? i am just curious...
+1. I would also like to know what it's like to work at a Government call centre.
May 13, 2015
22 posts
2 upvotes
East York, ON
kulb wrote: Was it for Passport Officer position? If so, I applied for that couple of months back. About 2 weeks ago, they sent me an assessment to do from home. I did it promptly and sent it back to them.
For pre-examination clerk? Yes, I also did that, and haven't heard back. The wait to hear back is frustrating.
Sep 21, 2004
11413 posts
7186 upvotes
Calgary
kulb wrote: How do they verify international education?
You'll need to get a credential assessment.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2331 posts
826 upvotes
temi123 wrote: For pre-examination clerk? Yes, I also did that, and haven't heard back. The wait to hear back is frustrating.
Yes that's the one. The email I got stated that the selection board has completed review of all applications and that I was selected for the next stage of the process.
Jul 29, 2013
25 posts
kulb wrote: Was it for Passport Officer position? If so, I applied for that couple of months back. About 2 weeks ago, they sent me an assessment to do from home. I did it promptly and sent it back to them.
Would you mind if I asked you the selection process number and location? Thanks

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)