None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2008
1166 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto

I had a dream last night that Van housing will pop after olympics

It was Vancouver which introduced the condo boom to Canada.
Catalizors are Asian immigration and Olympic buzz.
But once Oly is over and it is time to pay the bills, let's see how things will turn out.
15 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
19005 posts
1439 upvotes
I agree..

WTH??
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2004
3070 posts
46 upvotes
If you're wondering when house prices will come down, they'll come down when people stop having dreams about condos.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2008
1166 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
tonychau wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2010 5:38 pm
Just Vancouver?

idc
Vancouver is a start since many people were counting on speculating in that bubble. Buy it so that you can flip just before olympics, buy it to rent it during olympics etc.
One the 'fairy tale' is over and the 'buzz' is gone.... you know..
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1313 posts
284 upvotes
Ottawa, On
It'll start in Vancouver and spread across Canada.
Apr 9, 2007
425 posts
61 upvotes
Vancouver
I don't think the housing market's going to tank after the olympics. Sure, that's happened in previous olympics in other cities but Vancouver's housing market isn't like that of other places. Just like Expo86, it'll be a showcase to the world of how live-able this city is. As a result, immigration and tourism will likely increase. There's no shortage of foreign money and investors to keep the real estate market where it is.

That's just my 2 cents.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
19005 posts
1439 upvotes
Oh lord I am just now realizing OP is talking about housing. For some reason I was sure he wrote "I had a dream last night that Van Helsing will pop after Olympics"

[IMG]http://vulcanstev.files.wordpress.com/2 ... lsing2.jpg[/IMG]
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings
Feb 26, 2008
468 posts
26 upvotes
People will beat the HST, so we can be sure that housing will continue to rise up until July 1st. After that, it's anyone's guess
Deal Fanatic
Jan 30, 2006
9923 posts
1039 upvotes
Vancouver
q0192837465 wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2010 6:42 pm
People will beat the HST, so we can be sure that housing will continue to rise up until July 1st. After that, it's anyone's guess
If we knew everyone would be rich :D I am gonna bet on housing going down but as you said its pure speculation.

There could be lots of empty suites!
Sep 8, 2006
706 posts
183 upvotes
Richmond
i think its going to burst once inflation kicks in and all the people on these artificially low floating mortgage rates have to pay 50% higher payments.

once there are real interest rates, people won't be able to buy beyond their means and there'll be loads of foreclosures...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2008
1166 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
icedtee wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2010 5:52 pm
I don't think the housing market's going to tank after the olympics. Sure, that's happened in previous olympics in other cities but Vancouver's housing market isn't like that of other places. Just like Expo86, it'll be a showcase to the world of how live-able this city is. As a result, immigration and tourism will likely increase. There's no shortage of foreign money and investors to keep the real estate market where it is.

That's just my 2 cents.
Damn you just ruined my plot (and hopes to own a condo in Vancouver BC) :P
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2007
1323 posts
347 upvotes
brunes wrote:
Feb 22nd, 2010 6:00 pm
Oh lord I am just now realizing OP is talking about housing. For some reason I was sure he wrote "I had a dream last night that Van Helsing will pop after Olympics"[/IMG]
I didn't even know he was pregnant. :confused:
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
187 upvotes
Last time, people said Van Housing would burst after Expo.
Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like. -- Will Smith
Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Stay hungry, stay foolish.