Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
3294 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto

i hate Canada Post

something was suppose to be delivered today and guess what, its not here. i really have no idea if they delivered to the wrong address as they always do.

not my first time experiencing this but Canada Post really needs to hire some more quality people.

and guess what happens when something gets lost, only the Company that sent the item can do a trace, that is ridiculous. the item was sent out and now its between me and Canada Post, nothing to do with the company that sent it.

their stupid tracking system is also a joke, it takes light years to update.
Ask me anything about Auto, Home, Business, Commercial or Life Insurance. Or anything about annuities/segregated funds! :D
33 replies
Banned
Sep 18, 2008
696 posts
1 upvote
Nepean
Sprite_TM wrote:
Oct 7th, 2008 5:00 pm
something was suppose to be delivered today and guess what, its not here. i really have no idea if they delivered to the wrong address as they always do.

not my first time experiencing this but Canada Post really needs to hire some more quality people.

and guess what happens when something gets lost, only the Company that sent the item can do a trace, that is ridiculous. the item was sent out and now its between me and Canada Post, nothing to do with the company that sent it.

I am not a backer of canada post at all.But in some cases the company/person that sent it does hold some blame.
Dec 19, 2007
8 posts
Vancouver
Canada Post hires the more rude and ******** people.
The local post office lady is freaking incompetent.
I came for a pick up and makes me sign the thing and checks my id only to give me someone else's package. It happened more than once too.

Don't even try to call their customer service line either, half the people there sound like they don't even give a crap anymore. Worst customer service ever, I was asked to provide my customer number 3 times to the same lady, after she claimed to find my account the first time.
Jan 30, 2004
679 posts
3 upvotes
I've never had any problems using Canada Post from where I live (GTA). I've been using their service for the past 10 years with no hiccups at all. Probably your location?
Deal Addict
May 18, 2004
2489 posts
120 upvotes
i sent a package with canada post,
never showed up, finally found out what the problem was,
the idiot at the post office typed the postal code in wrong from the address label i had so the barcode scanning sent it to the wrong place,

took them 2 weeks to deliver it after i called up where it was 1 week past the delivery date

and then they had the nerve to tell me it was my fault and refused to honor their 2 business day gurantee.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2005
1997 posts
141 upvotes
Toronto
Canada Post is expensive if you compare to the US. Shipping a package within Canada actually costs more than shipping the same package to the US.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 15, 2003
7737 posts
41 upvotes
Toronto wrote:
Oct 8th, 2008 12:22 pm
Canada Post is expensive if you compare to the US. Shipping a package within Canada actually costs more than shipping the same package to the US.
What isn't more expensive in Canada compared to the US?

:rolleyes:

For every item you can name, I can name 5.
May 18, 2006
406 posts
28 upvotes
Etobicoke
you do know that if you ship something, and it does not arrive within the prescribed time, you can complain...
and you should get your money back

Guju - will be checking his ebay shipments for the past week, and see if they made it on time..
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2006
4600 posts
3407 upvotes
Sprite_TM wrote:
Its very possible they made a attempt and did not leave notice ( have had that happen) You may wish to call your area's branch and see if its in their storage room waiting for ya. They may also be able to tell you the status of it

�I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it

Smile... It confuses people�
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
19719 posts
1472 upvotes
MtX wrote:
Oct 8th, 2008 12:32 pm
What isn't more expensive in Canada compared to the US?
I think what they meant was the fact that sometimes you can ship something in Canada, to Canada and it will cost more than shipping that same item in Canada, to the US. Both originate in Canada yet shipping to the US is cheaper. At least I think that's what they meant.

Happens in the US too though it seems, apparently for small items anyway. I bought a small item (fitting in a padded envelope) from the US off eBay recently and shipping to the US was something like $2.25, but shipping to Canada was $2.00. Thinking the calculator was making a mistake, I msg'd the seller before buying and they confirmed it was indeed cheaper to send it here, from there than from there to elsewhere into the US! Sure enough when I got the thing in the mail the stamp said $1.90 on it.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
19719 posts
1472 upvotes
Sprite_TM wrote:
A light year is a measure of distance, not time ;)
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2007
2661 posts
33 upvotes
Haven't had any real issues with Canada Post, and I use them practically everyday. And whenever I have used a guaranteed shipping service and it didn't arrive on time (only happened 2 or 3 times), they refunded the postage to me promptly. So yes, the shipper has to deal with any claims/traces. Makes sense.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2789 posts
222 upvotes
Hamilton
never had a problem with canada post, definitely the best option for the price we got.
Jan 8, 2008
425 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
That is very true if you send a small package within Canada is costs so much more than shipping to the USA. I noticed if i ship to far ends of canada like Vancouver or Edmonton Shipping takes 1-2 weeks as if shipping to USA via airmail it takes 1 week to get there.
× < >