Fashion & Beauty

I have having a wardrobe change issue. I dont know where to buy clothes.

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 9th, 2016 7:51 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2005
3129 posts
1411 upvotes
Maple

I have having a wardrobe change issue. I dont know where to buy clothes.

I am now approaching my 30s and feel out of touch with what to wear.

It seems all of my clothes are from major retailers and have all the logos associated. It feels like im a walking billboard for clothes that someone half my age should be wearing.

for jeans I dont mind having old navy/Hollister since you cant really tell but for T shirts and things of that nature its a BIG issue. I am not trying to avoid it simply because of the name, but because its plastered all over every single garment.

Where do I buy clothes that look normal that dont break the bank?
16 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2005
1155 posts
419 upvotes
Toronto
On the low end, George (Walmart) or Joe Fresh (Loblaws).
Intricated
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2516 upvotes
Zara
Topman/Topshop
American Apparel
Banana Republic
Gap
Club Monaco
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
13879 posts
3290 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
s/n - Corcoran rings a bell... when I saw that name I thot Charles Manson cuz the dude is housed at Corcoran Correctional Institute in cali. One of the top max security prisons in the US.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12861 posts
1485 upvotes
Pickering
Becks wrote: Zara
Topman/Topshop
American Apparel
Banana Republic
Gap
Club Monaco
I think the OP might want to mention how big he is. All of these brands don't fit me. My forearms get stuck in the shirts and can't pass through and there is shoulder padding for those with no shoulders so any of their jackets make me look like I am wearing the red jacket from Michael Jackson's thriller video.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
AudiDude wrote: I think the OP might want to mention how big he is. All of these brands don't fit me. My forearms get stuck in the shirts and can't pass through and there is shoulder padding for those with no shoulders so any of their jackets make me look like I am wearing the red jacket from Michael Jackson's thriller video.
U lift?
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2011
1689 posts
399 upvotes
For plain shirts, you can get them from H&M, Zara, J Crew, BR for pretty cheap.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2516 upvotes
AudiDude wrote: ...My forearms get stuck in the shirts and can't pass through and there is shoulder padding for those with no shoulders so any of their jackets make me look like I am wearing the red jacket from Michael Jackson's thriller video.
For u, I recommend pirate shirts:

Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12861 posts
1485 upvotes
Pickering
Becks wrote: For u, I recommend pirate shirts:
I would wear that pirate shirt better than that kid with the girly figure. He should shop at the places you suggested. :D
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2516 upvotes
If u wear wool, silk, cotton, linen, and leather, chances are slimmer that u will have a logo on you. If u choose athletic/outdoorsy/performance, or synthetic apparel, u will have 100% chance of being logo'd.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2007
2241 posts
447 upvotes
Becks wrote: If u wear wool, silk, cotton, linen, and leather, chances are slimmer that u will have a logo on you. If u choose athletic/outdoorsy/performance, or synthetic apparel, u will have 100% chance of being logo'd.
not necessarily. i own multiple tshirts sweaters type from The North Face, Columbia, Arcetryx, Lululemon that has nothing more than a small subtle logo.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2009
5755 posts
7939 upvotes
Ontario
corcoran_chris wrote: I am now approaching my 30s and feel out of touch with what to wear.

It seems all of my clothes are from major retailers and have all the logos associated. It feels like im a walking billboard for clothes that someone half my age should be wearing.

for jeans I dont mind having old navy/Hollister since you cant really tell but for T shirts and things of that nature its a BIG issue. I am not trying to avoid it simply because of the name, but because its plastered all over every single garment.

Where do I buy clothes that look normal that dont break the bank?
Malls like Yorkdale and First Canadian Place have personal shoppers that you can book for a session about what is in season and looks that might suit you.
Also keep an eye for men's stores that might do a fashion show night, where you can learn about trends or trunk shows, when suppliers come in for a day or two to show the company's latest looks.
Gotstyle is very guy-friendly.
Have new cookbooks but am not cooking anything new yet.
Feb 4, 2016
53 posts
5 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Becks wrote: If u wear wool, silk, cotton, linen, and leather, chances are slimmer that u will have a logo on you. If u choose athletic/outdoorsy/performance, or synthetic apparel, u will have 100% chance of being logo'd.
OP ignore this poster. 90% of his posts I have come across on these forums make him seem completely clueless and this is a case in point.