Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1483 posts
284 upvotes
Toronto

I just impulse bought something..help

I saw this mini walk treadmill on the shopping channel and thought it was the coolest thing so compact I feel like I will actually be able to use this while watching tv etc !! I love it! Honest opinion ?Was it a good buy guys?

https://www.tsc.ca/Mini-Walk-Treadmill- ... v=R:553197
19 replies
Oct 5, 2006
557 posts
344 upvotes
Calgary
Yes, it's a great buy. Definitely worth it.

Now that I've told you what you wanted to hear, forget about it and go to bed. You can deal with buyer's remorse in the morning :)
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
20470 posts
6581 upvotes
Heavenleigh85 wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 2:51 am
I feel like I will actually be able to use this while watching tv etc !! I love it! Honest opinion ?Was it a good buy guys?
It's great! You'll use it a total of 3 times then it'll sit in the corner collecting dust.

Source: I also bought a treadmill to watch TV. Now I just watch TV...

Side note: If someone could figure out how to wire my internet to the thing I'd be the best long distance runner on earth.
Oct 5, 2006
557 posts
344 upvotes
Calgary
to be honest the best way to utilize a home gym equipment is to have a reason. After I had a knee injury, my physiotherapist told me I needed to do biking. Since going to the gym is such a hastle in winter, I just bought a second hand bike and use it at home. Keeping a routine is very helpful so I do biking for 10min 1st thing I wake up and again before showering at night. I don't know how helpful it was in terms of physio, but it's definitely been used.

But spending $900 bucks on a brand new treadmill... >.<
hey, if you have the money, why not right. At least it made you feel good ordering it. And if you want to have an extra motivation for using it, go to your family doctor and get a doctor's note saying you need at least to walk on it for 30min/day, 5 days/wk :)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1483 posts
284 upvotes
Toronto
Capricornxs wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 3:22 am
to be honest the best way to utilize a home gym equipment is to have a reason. After I had a knee injury, my physiotherapist told me I needed to do biking. Since going to the gym is such a hastle in winter, I just bought a second hand bike and use it at home. Keeping a routine is very helpful so I do biking for 10min 1st thing I wake up and again before showering at night. I don't know how helpful it was in terms of physio, but it's definitely been used.

But spending $900 bucks on a brand new treadmill... >.<
hey, if you have the money, why not right. At least it made you feel good ordering it. And if you want to have an extra motivation for using it, go to your family doctor and get a doctor's note saying you need at least to walk on it for 30min/day, 5 days/wk :)
Well I have bunch of serious health issues for my age due to my weight and want to do some kind of activity a gym is out of the question I’ll never go. I just like this is so compact and can fit in my living room .
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12526 posts
616 upvotes
The truth is, You should've got a used treadmill off of Kijiji or craigslist for free-$300

The msrp on that thing you ordered is inflated and functionality is limited. You said you wantrd something compact. You can eBay a walking treadmill for half the price you paid. Sure you don't get a fancy digital display by your feet but you plan on using it while watching tv so it doesn't matter.
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1483 posts
284 upvotes
Toronto
Siefer999 wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 4:32 am
The truth is, You should've got a used treadmill off of Kijiji or craigslist for free-$300

The msrp on that thing you ordered is inflated and functionality is limited. You said you wantrd something compact. You can eBay a walking treadmill for half the price you paid. Sure you don't get a fancy digital display by your feet but you plan on using it while watching tv so it doesn't matter.
But it’s not a walking treadmill u can jog on it too I haven’t seen any with these features or this compact size you’re def paying the premium for how small it is
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
10564 posts
5215 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Yes, it's a good buy. Now focus on your health and stop worrying. You only live once, so enjoy life instead of worrying.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
12526 posts
616 upvotes
Heavenleigh85 wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 11:47 am
But it’s not a walking treadmill u can jog on it too I haven’t seen any with these features or this compact size you’re def paying the premium for how small it is
Whatever you need to say to justify it to yourself...

You can jog on any of those cheap treadmills as well.
----------------------
References:
My HoFo, eBay, HeaT & RFD Feedback! 100% POSITIVE!
Available upon request.
Rehan wrote:
Nov 13th, 2009 4:04 pm
All of you shut your mouths and leave the OP alone.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2010
2561 posts
197 upvotes
Markham
unless space is a premium, I would get a real treadmill at Costco.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
3056 posts
2224 upvotes
The NORTH
You have a weight issue and bought a thin POS treadmill? Take it from a guy with a weight problem and a real treadmill. Unless you have motivation to be on it, you won't be.

$900!?! P T Barnum was right. Cancel it if you have the chance and browse Kijiji/buy and sell groups...
Oct 24, 2016
534 posts
362 upvotes
ON
Any exercise equipment is a great buy as long as it is used religiously and doesn’t start collecting dust after a few uses. Report back in a few months and we’ll let you know if it was a good buy or not.

About 8 years back I bought a brand new elliptical trainer. Ever since I have used it 4 times a week year after year. Whatever be the price I paid for it, it has been a good buy for me. You can never put a price on health.
Isn't it great to live in the 21st century where deleting history has become more important than making it.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
2192 posts
832 upvotes
Canada
I'd cancel and do what others here are suggesting.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1483 posts
284 upvotes
Toronto
kr0zet wrote:
Feb 17th, 2019 5:31 pm
You have a weight issue and bought a thin POS treadmill? Take it from a guy with a weight problem and a real treadmill. Unless you have motivation to be on it, you won't be.

$900!?! P T Barnum was right. Cancel it if you have the chance and browse Kijiji/buy and sell groups...
Lol well I’m under the 200lb weight limit for it so hopefully my fat azz doesn’t break it
Deal Fanatic
Apr 11, 2006
5987 posts
1470 upvotes
Mississauga
OP, it's up to you to make it a good buy or not.

Doesn't matter what any of the others have commented.

If you use it often and regularly and start to feel healthier and have less health issues that you alluded to, then it's not only a good buy, but a great buy!

On the other hand, if you don't end up using it much, then it's an awful purchase.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)