• Feb 8th, 2018 4:29 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2010
9867 posts
4245 upvotes
Toronto

I just witnessed someone getting the banhammer

And all the while, I know what the ban was for. Question is; how much amount of trolling or what is deemed worthy of banhammer? Is it the max number of infractions? Reported posts?

[..]
Last edited by MrDisco on Feb 8th, 2018 3:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: unnecessary
6 replies
Sep 30, 2001
27220 posts
6215 upvotes
Toronto
It's on a case by case basis. Generally we go through the warning, infraction system and if the behaviour just keep repeating it will escalate. other times if someone right off the bat comes in and starts posting offensive images (as a random example) they'll get removed right away.

reports are the primary way we're alerted to such behavior and we act upon those reports.
Don't talk about it, be about it
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
9678 posts
4038 upvotes
Toronto
So the mods does a huddle and make the executive decision as a group?
MrDisco wrote:
Feb 8th, 2018 3:47 pm
It's on a case by case basis. Generally we go through the warning, infraction system and if the behaviour just keep repeating it will escalate. other times if someone right off the bat comes in and starts posting offensive images (as a random example) they'll get removed right away.

reports are the primary way we're alerted to such behavior and we act upon those reports.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
10314 posts
16441 upvotes
Scarborough
There’s no predefined limit that we work with. Some offenses are worthy of an instant banning while others are more cumulative. We don’t publicly disclose the details around a users banning except with other staff and the banned user.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 6, 2010
9867 posts
4245 upvotes
Toronto
TomRFD wrote:
Feb 8th, 2018 3:49 pm
There’s no predefined limit that we work with. Some offenses are worthy of an instant banning while others are more cumulative. We don’t publicly disclose the details around a users banning except with other staff and the banned user.
So you can still talk to the user after the ban or is it more like "hey, we decided that you need a banning" and then ban them?

Also, what is to stop the banned user from creating a new login? Do you IP ban, etc...? Does banning result in being able to login but not post?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
9908 posts
1820 upvotes
Montréal
Is there a way to see a 'banned members list'? In the alternative, how may I join the staff in order to have access to said info? :D
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
10314 posts
16441 upvotes
Scarborough
koffey wrote:
Feb 8th, 2018 3:52 pm
So you can still talk to the user after the ban or is it more like "hey, we decided that you need a banning" and then ban them?

Also, what is to stop the banned user from creating a new login? Do you IP ban, etc...? Does banning result in being able to login but not post?
Temporarily banned users still have access to PM's. Permanently banned users can contact us via our contact us page.

Nothing outright stops them however if we determine a previously banned user has returned, there's a high likelihood the new account will be banned.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].