Tags:
None
4 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 31, 2009
3746 posts
1003 upvotes
Toronto
this pretty much tells it all - "Most of what I was eating was pretty healthy, and I was still a regular at the gym; I was even working with a personal trainer. In fact, I focused more on exercise than nutrition because working out was fun. I loved exercise but hated tracking calories, and I told myself that was fine: Although I was heavy, I was still fit."

you can work out all you want but if you dont eat smart and pay attention then it doesnt matter when it comes to weight.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21200 posts
10721 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
djeter wrote: There's a growing theory (not sure if that's the right word or not) among dr.'s/scientists that permanent weight loss is almost impossible for those that have allowed themselves to become obese: http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/obesity-r ... -1.2663585
It's because most obese people hate working out and love junk food. So maybe they drop a few pounds by doing some cardio and eating healthy for a few months but it's almost impossible for them to make it a lifestyle change. That's why when I'm 10+ pounds over my desired weight I check myself before I wreck myself.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2516 upvotes
I recall Jillian Michaels, who was one of the coaches on The Biggest Loser, said she was fat before. She has obviously kept the weight off. But I think she said that she's like a recovering food addict who has to be very conscious of falling off the wagon.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)