• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2018 8:08 pm
Tags:
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
15560 posts
14184 upvotes
Going to the Moon
MikeVTO wrote: Valid point, but you are assuming it is inconvenient to get to the currency exchange place. True for some, for others we go right by them everyday. And to save 5 cents on the Euro rate, that's $50 saved on a 1000 Euro transaction. Worth it for me to "waste" 5 minutes of my time.

That said, I've been using Kantor for years but I just found out you can only use an RBC, Scotia, or old style TD card (13 digits, no Visa logo) to use Interac Online. Tried TCE as suggested above and the same thing. I found this announcement from BMO. "As a precautionary measure, BMO has suspended the Interac Online Payment Service. " Kantor is often out of currencies if you don't order in advance so I'll probably just go to my bank and get scalped on the rate. I'll hit an ATM once I get there (usually the best option anyway) but I hate arriving somewhere and having absolutely nothing. Those airport currency exchange places do more than scalp you - they take the whole head.
Why revive a necro thread when no one is still asking the question? Perhaps start a new thread comparing FTF via differenn routes.

TL.
Premium Life: CDC [Icey Private Status]/SwissBorg Genesis/InLock/Netflix UHD [100% off]/Amazon [Prime 100% off]/Instacart [Express]

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)