• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2018 9:23 am
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
16990 posts
407 upvotes

I need a good scotch for my Dad.

My Dad likes a good scotch now and again and I want to treat him to a bottle. I don't drink scotch so I really have no idea what to get him brand wise. Im not looking to spend too much, around 100. I know he doesn't like the stuff that tastes like you are drinking a pile of peat.

Any suggestions?
9 replies
Oct 10, 2004
750 posts
93 upvotes
Winnipeg
My suggestion would be a bottle of Aberlour A'Bunadh. Not at all peaty, just a well balanced scotch with a beautiful caramel aroma and a nice, long finish.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
1790 posts
412 upvotes
Unionville, ON
Go to the LCBO or your nearest liquor store.

Focus on brands like Glenlivet, Glenfiddich, Macallan, Balvenie, Talisker - you cannot go wrong with any of those. For your budget, you will most likely pick up either a 12 year old or a 15 year old bottle of scotch, depending on the brand.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
16990 posts
407 upvotes
JKKim2983 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 12:18 am
Go to the LCBO or your nearest liquor store.

Focus on brands like Glenlivet, Glenfiddich, Macallan, Balvenie, Talisker - you cannot go wrong with any of those. For your budget, you will most likely pick up either a 12 year old or a 15 year old bottle of scotch, depending on the brand.
Im in Edmonton, not sure if there is a good spot here to look.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
2551 posts
499 upvotes
Oshawa
Kavalan. Macallan. Glenmorangie. Hibiki.
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!
Jan 14, 2011
76 posts
8 upvotes
Try Chateau Louis on Kingsway. They have a great selection. Superstore Liquor also has a great selection.
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4506 posts
777 upvotes
Aurora
That's such a personal preference. Why not just ask him what he likes - tell him you want it for yourself. Once you get his preferred brand, choose the grade to suit your budget.
Nov 15, 2009
252 posts
26 upvotes
Try Ballantine's Branded Scotch Whisky. There is small bottle and large bottle.