Shopping Discussion

I need to purchase 150 Apple iPad 2 tablets!...

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2011 7:04 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 1, 2007
641 posts
49 upvotes

I need to purchase 150 Apple iPad 2 tablets!...

Yes, you read that correctly.

I need to purchase 150 iPad 2 tablets for one of our clients so that they can issue them out to their sales force.

Tried apple.ca but they have a limit of 2 per customer.
Tried Apple Canada but they won't budge.
Tried Best Buy & Future Shop but they don't have enough stock in store and can't sell that amount at once.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated?

Cheers!
45 replies
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
11009 posts
1967 upvotes
perhaps try contacting apple corporate directly ?
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
May 16, 2011
203 posts
18 upvotes
Why dont you go for BlackBerry Playbook instead??

despite the bad publicity it got for late delivery, it is actually a better product hardware wise... and the software(apps) issues will be fixed by this summer (people complained that there were not enough apps - and now it will not only support blackberry platform apps, but also android!)

plus since they have a lot of corporate clients, I'm sure they are used to giving better deals for corporate sales....
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6108 posts
839 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
This would be a corporate order and you shouldn't go through the consumer channels.
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
1357 posts
292 upvotes
yea.. an order like that would have to go thru their business office, not a consumer store..

i kinda feel bad for your "clients" since they are dealing with someone who doesn't know much about corporate sales departments..
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2009
1058 posts
50 upvotes
London ON
QuietReign wrote:
May 17th, 2011 3:34 pm

despite the bad publicity it got for late delivery, it is actually a better product hardware wise... and the software(apps) issues will be fixed by this summer (people complained that there were not enough apps - and now it will not only support blackberry platform apps, but also android!)

plus FLASH!
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14224 posts
1094 upvotes
QuietReign wrote:
May 17th, 2011 3:34 pm

plus since they have a lot of corporate clients, I'm sure they are used to giving better deals for corporate sales....
blainehamilton wrote:
May 17th, 2011 5:17 pm
Cheaper android tablets would make much greater sense.

Better software platform and the hardware is much cheaper - especially in quantity.

You could probably do under $150 each delivered from asia.
jordanr1987 wrote:
May 17th, 2011 5:59 pm
plus FLASH!

Seriously people? He has a a specific request for iPad 2s, do you really think his "client" would be happy with him coming back with something with a smaller screen and no email support? You don't even know why this company has requested iPads maybe there is a specific app they use that is only on the iPad. I'm sure if they are ordering 150 of them they have looked at their options.

OP as mentioned above you are going to want to go through corp sales, there are some corporate contacts listed under the contacts section of apple.com. Also as mentioned above I feel bad for your "clients" if you have to ask on a public forum how to purchase what they want. If you are hired to do a job you should already know how to do the job.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2004
4175 posts
539 upvotes
Guelph, ON
Playbook with flash support and overall better performing tablet is a no brainer, especially for corporate.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2008
5804 posts
1472 upvotes
BC
Ojam wrote:
May 17th, 2011 6:08 pm
If you are hired to do a job you should already know how to do the job.

Can't assume that the OP is working for a fee - could be volunteering for a school, non-profit organization, etc.

Which could explain why ideas are being sought here from those with retail-level expertise.

Dunno.
Nov 29, 2007
839 posts
81 upvotes
Victoria BC
Not to knock the OP but it's pretty funny to imagine him going into FS or BB, looking at the iPads, then telling the associate "this looks good I will take 150 plz". :D
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2010
1995 posts
515 upvotes
Oh puh-LEASE! I've been trying for a week to get my hands on ONE!

The supplies are so limited right now, I doubt Apple would sell you 150 for a little while.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2005
1377 posts
93 upvotes
contact apple directly..
they have corporate accounts and pricing are different than normal retails
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
16436 posts
2511 upvotes
Toronto
Awjvail wrote:
May 17th, 2011 7:25 pm
Oh puh-LEASE! I've been trying for a week to get my hands on ONE!

The supplies are so limited right now, I doubt Apple would sell you 150 for a little while.

This is not true, and I would hope people would refrain from making comments on matters they are not aware of.

OP there is a special way of ordering if you need quantity. I've done so myself. Not a quantity like 150, but I've bought 12 for development purposes.

If you're still looking PM me and I can give you further instructions on how to obtain them. If you do repeat business with Apple in terms of bulk purchases, you can get a discount on future purchases including iPads.
BTW my method can take up to 2 weeks but you will get them for sure. This method will also only work if you demonstrate your need and only if Apple can validate it and can verify these aren't being resold.