Shopping Discussion

I need to purchase 150 Apple iPad 2 tablets!...

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2011 7:04 pm
Tags:
None
Aug 1, 2007
767 posts
83 upvotes
Thanks for the responses everyone (minus the trolls).

Our client is specifically looking for the iPad 2.

Cheers!
Aug 1, 2007
767 posts
83 upvotes
Insider wrote: I have never turned to a public forum to help me do my job. :lol:

They have a 'Contact Us' page on their very own website, www.apple.ca - and you had trouble navigating there? I found all the information and corporate contacts needed to get setup.

I guess I'm a troll too. :cheesygri !!

I'm not quite sure where I had mentioned that I had trouble navigating to their "contact us" page???

As mentioned above, I have already been in contact with my Apple Canada contact. Not sure why I would need to navigate to their "contact us" page?

Troll, maybe not. Illiterate...???
Aug 1, 2007
767 posts
83 upvotes
Insider wrote: I have never turned to a public forum to help me do my job. :lol:
:cheesygri !!
Shame on me to turn to a public forum to "help me do my job". I forgot social media was a no-no in the workplace.

Shame on me for trying to network and collaborate with others. Technology is so overrated...
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2010
1176 posts
480 upvotes
Why is that any mention of Apple on these forums always attracts ignorant posters?

He doesn't have to justify why/what/how/who he wants them for, if you're not helping him out why give him a hard time?
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
2931 posts
629 upvotes
Mississauga
Dante19 wrote: Why is that any mention of Apple on these forums always attracts ignorant posters?

He doesn't have to justify why/what/how/who he wants them for, if you're not helping him out why give him a hard time?

I think the biggest problem when people state what they need help with on the internet they don't always state what they've tried in order to repair the problem. This I've found to be true in general computer help forums and it usually holds true for other help posts. If posters had the whole story then these redundant posts about why the OP didn't contact Apple's corporate sales would cease to exist.
Jesus saves, I spend
Aug 1, 2007
767 posts
83 upvotes
Lazy Susan wrote: I think the biggest problem when people state what they need help with on the internet they don't always state what they've tried in order to repair the problem. This I've found to be true in general computer help forums and it usually holds true for other help posts. If posters had the whole story then these redundant posts about why the OP didn't contact Apple's corporate sales would cease to exist.
I guess I should have been more specific when I mentioned "Tried Apple Canada but they won't budge". This means that I had contacted our Apple Canada corporate sales representative.

I believe I clearly mentioned in my first post that:

a) I needed 150 Apple iPads for a client.
b) I had tried various points of contact (apple.ca, Apple Canada Corporate Sales, retail resellers).
c) I was looking for suggestions from this online community.

I'm not sure how much more specific I could have been. Even if there was some confusion with my request for suggestions, a simple PM or post reply would have sufficed. I would have gladly provided additional details.

Cheers!
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
3345 posts
1680 upvotes
Lethbridge
I have 150 in my basement, please send the cheque for $107,850 + taxes.

I still don’t get why you’re posting this here if the manufacturer themselves, Apple, have told you “No.” I somehow doubt any distributers with enough financial backing to stock/deal ipads in the 100’s troll RFD’s “Shopping Discussion” forum...
Jul 31, 2009
202 posts
6 upvotes
ask apple to separate in small orders 2x each...since you dont care price, they wont care how you buy them all one shot or 2 per invoice.
but seriously, find a way to open an account for company you are buying for .1st- you might get small discount. 2nd- they might give you better service later on since q-ty was purchased
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
7282 posts
1820 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
radar2000 wrote: I guess I should have been more specific when I mentioned "Tried Apple Canada but they won't budge". This means that I had contacted our Apple Canada corporate sales representative.

I believe I clearly mentioned in my first post that:

a) I needed 150 Apple iPads for a client.
b) I had tried various points of contact (apple.ca, Apple Canada Corporate Sales, retail resellers).
c) I was looking for suggestions from this online community.

I'm not sure how much more specific I could have been. Even if there was some confusion with my request for suggestions, a simple PM or post reply would have sufficed. I would have gladly provided additional details.

Cheers!

That's the problem of the original post. If you state that outright half the posts would have been eliminated. It's like tech support. If you simply say "my computer doesn't work". The first response would be "did you plug it in?".

We can make assumptions on your behalf, but if the assumption is wrong then the discussions wouldn't get anywhere either. It's a lose-lose situation. And since this is a public forum every post is subjected to be criticized. You'll learn to ignore the haters, and you don't have to respond to every post.

As for you actual problem, if indeed you have exhausted all the "normal" channels, then yeah you have to be creative. If your Apple corporate sales rep doesn't let you buy 150, maybe ask for 50. You can try getting the rest through authorized dealers and distributor (again break down your order to make it easier to fill). You might need to hire people to line up at the Apple store to whatever stock they have that day, or you can try to get more thorugh Kijiji/Craiglist/Ebay (since most people are hoarding them anyway).
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
8018 posts
1780 upvotes
Toronto
i don't see how any retailer would have or hold 150 to sell you. The ipad's sell themselves. More importantly, unless you pitch that your picking up 150 Ipad 2's with accessories, they have no benefit of selling them to you in bulk instead of individually where customers may pick up warranties and accessories.
Jun 15, 2009
764 posts
217 upvotes
sixer wrote: Playbook with flash support and overall better performing tablet is a no brainer, especially for corporate.
I may not be current on my Playbook vs. iPad 2 comparisons, but I have not read a single review saying that Playbook had better performance then the iPad 2 in any category.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7125 posts
1801 upvotes
Wow Sorry to hear your situation dude, getting that many Ipad 2 is going to be a real problem and regardless of money spent. Craigslist is your best bet but I doubt your client wants old/third party brought Ipad. Hopefully you are not into a contractual obligation of some sort to fullfill by the required time, otherwise it is going to be a very stressfull situation.

Best of luck
Nothing is true, everything is permitted - Ezio Auditore.
Aug 1, 2007
767 posts
83 upvotes
1226 wrote: Why do you need Ipads? Get them 150 of these, way cheaper:

[IMG]http://marcmgraham.com/wp-content/uploa ... Newton.jpg[/IMG]

LOL!

I like the way you think 1226... That's exactly what I'm going to suggest.

All kidding aside, we have found a legit way and the order is being placed!

...Now I'm going back to my real job and leaving the rest to our buyers to manage.

Cheers!
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10913 posts
1064 upvotes
Mississauga
The Playbook would be better for a corporate structure. I'm also assuming the company gives them Blackberrys, so I would only make sense to get the Playbook. Syncing would be extremely beneficial.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7125 posts
1801 upvotes
Tijuana wrote: The Playbook would be better for a corporate structure. I'm also assuming the company gives them Blackberrys, so I would only make sense to get the Playbook. Syncing would be extremely beneficial.

That is true - we have Blackberrys at work and the IT department is considering getting Playbooks for the ease of use and productivity, they recently had a staff survey and overwhelmingly people are interested in it.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted - Ezio Auditore.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
6144 posts
2957 upvotes
Kanata
Why are so many people suggesting different things when the client wants and can obviously afford iPads. Its plain idiotic to go educate a client about what they want. If theyre ready to spend that much, theyve done the research.

Anyway, I found it funny you went to FS/BB to get 150 ipads lol
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Banned
Aug 12, 2010
4875 posts
149 upvotes
What do you mean they won't budge? Ipads are used by corporate customers who buy them in bulks. They should have at least suggested ways for you to purchase 150. I smell a troll post...
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
4302 posts
211 upvotes
Farm
number8888 wrote: That's the problem of the original post. If you state that outright half the posts would have been eliminated. It's like tech support. If you simply say "my computer doesn't work". The first response would be "did you plug it in?".

We can make assumptions on your behalf, but if the assumption is wrong then the discussions wouldn't get anywhere either. It's a lose-lose situation. And since this is a public forum every post is subjected to be criticized. You'll learn to ignore the haters, and you don't have to respond to every post.

As for you actual problem, if indeed you have exhausted all the "normal" channels, then yeah you have to be creative. If your Apple corporate sales rep doesn't let you buy 150, maybe ask for 50. You can try getting the rest through authorized dealers and distributor (again break down your order to make it easier to fill). You might need to hire people to line up at the Apple store to whatever stock they have that day, or you can try to get more thorugh Kijiji/Craiglist/Ebay (since most people are hoarding them anyway).

who gives a **** if the original post didn't say that.

and what assumptions?!?! he asked for iPad 2's for a client. end of ****in story, no assumptions or recommendations can be made.

the point is, he asked for iPad 2's and he:

- got iPad 1 suggestion
- got playbook suggestions
- got android tablet suggestions

:facepalm:

bunch of virgin trolls on this forum (not directed to you)

OP, i wish i could help. if i find anything i'll send you a PM

/rant
ib4 get a blog.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14325 posts
1241 upvotes
al3x89 wrote: the point is, he asked for iPad 2's and he:

- got iPad 1 suggestion
- got playbook suggestions
- got android tablet suggestions

:facepalm:

bunch of virgin trolls on this forum (not directed to you)

This, idk why these people feel at all qualified to suggest other products without even knowing what the ops "clients" needs are. Maybe they need native email support, you know what pretty much any smart device has had since 1999... except the playbook. :facepalm: I'm surprised nobody has suggested netbooks yet.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.