Shopping Discussion

I need to purchase 150 Apple iPad 2 tablets!...

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2011 7:04 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2004
1708 posts
16 upvotes
North York
Good luck getting a deal on them.
We have boughts hundreds and their pricing has always been take it or leave it. And ours is for educational use...
[OP]
Aug 1, 2007
641 posts
49 upvotes
awais wrote:
May 17th, 2011 4:59 pm
yea.. an order like that would have to go thru their business office, not a consumer store..

i kinda feel bad for your "clients" since they are dealing with someone who doesn't know much about corporate sales departments..

Thanks awais for your positive comment. As a senior RFD poster I can clearly see how you obtain a high post count...through troll-like postings. Keep up the great forum community support...

Not that I need to explain myself to a forum troll, but I have various corporate vendor contacts that I and our organization deal with on a day to day basis. If you knew anything about dealing with Apple Canada corporate (one of my current vendors), you would know that they are not participating in this space/sector as it relates to iPads...due to inventory supply shortages.

This is why I have tried other avenues such as the consumer stores to see what options are out there. It's called thinking outside of the box. Give it a try once in a while, you'll be amazed at what you will find.

From this out of the box thinking, I have received various PM's from supporters of this online community with options that I will explore further.
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2009
1297 posts
52 upvotes
Toronto
Unless your clients need the cameras I'm sure you could swing a deal on iPad 1's. The refurbished ones look brand new and are a relative bargain.
Bill
My blog
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2563 posts
136 upvotes
I have never turned to a public forum to help me do my job. :lol:

They have a 'Contact Us' page on their very own website, www.apple.ca - and you had trouble navigating there? I found all the information and corporate contacts needed to get setup.

I guess I'm a troll too. :cheesygri !!
[OP]
Aug 1, 2007
641 posts
49 upvotes
Thanks for the responses everyone (minus the trolls).

Our client is specifically looking for the iPad 2.

Cheers!
[OP]
Aug 1, 2007
641 posts
49 upvotes
Insider wrote:
May 18th, 2011 11:05 am

They have a 'Contact Us' page on their very own website, www.apple.ca - and you had trouble navigating there? I found all the information and corporate contacts needed to get setup.

I guess I'm a troll too. :cheesygri !!

I'm not quite sure where I had mentioned that I had trouble navigating to their "contact us" page???

As mentioned above, I have already been in contact with my Apple Canada contact. Not sure why I would need to navigate to their "contact us" page?

Troll, maybe not. Illiterate...???
[OP]
Aug 1, 2007
641 posts
49 upvotes
Insider wrote:
May 18th, 2011 11:05 am
:cheesygri !!
Shame on me to turn to a public forum to "help me do my job". I forgot social media was a no-no in the workplace.

Shame on me for trying to network and collaborate with others. Technology is so overrated...
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2010
1074 posts
360 upvotes
Why is that any mention of Apple on these forums always attracts ignorant posters?

He doesn't have to justify why/what/how/who he wants them for, if you're not helping him out why give him a hard time?
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
2824 posts
541 upvotes
Dante19 wrote:
May 18th, 2011 12:47 pm
Why is that any mention of Apple on these forums always attracts ignorant posters?

He doesn't have to justify why/what/how/who he wants them for, if you're not helping him out why give him a hard time?

I think the biggest problem when people state what they need help with on the internet they don't always state what they've tried in order to repair the problem. This I've found to be true in general computer help forums and it usually holds true for other help posts. If posters had the whole story then these redundant posts about why the OP didn't contact Apple's corporate sales would cease to exist.
Jesus saves, I spend
[OP]
Aug 1, 2007
641 posts
49 upvotes
Lazy Susan wrote:
May 18th, 2011 1:00 pm
I think the biggest problem when people state what they need help with on the internet they don't always state what they've tried in order to repair the problem. This I've found to be true in general computer help forums and it usually holds true for other help posts. If posters had the whole story then these redundant posts about why the OP didn't contact Apple's corporate sales would cease to exist.
I guess I should have been more specific when I mentioned "Tried Apple Canada but they won't budge". This means that I had contacted our Apple Canada corporate sales representative.

I believe I clearly mentioned in my first post that:

a) I needed 150 Apple iPads for a client.
b) I had tried various points of contact (apple.ca, Apple Canada Corporate Sales, retail resellers).
c) I was looking for suggestions from this online community.

I'm not sure how much more specific I could have been. Even if there was some confusion with my request for suggestions, a simple PM or post reply would have sufficed. I would have gladly provided additional details.

Cheers!
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
2652 posts
725 upvotes
Lethbridge
I have 150 in my basement, please send the cheque for $107,850 + taxes.

I still don’t get why you’re posting this here if the manufacturer themselves, Apple, have told you “No.” I somehow doubt any distributers with enough financial backing to stock/deal ipads in the 100’s troll RFD’s “Shopping Discussion” forum...
Jul 31, 2009
202 posts
4 upvotes
ask apple to separate in small orders 2x each...since you dont care price, they wont care how you buy them all one shot or 2 per invoice.
but seriously, find a way to open an account for company you are buying for .1st- you might get small discount. 2nd- they might give you better service later on since q-ty was purchased
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
6113 posts
842 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
radar2000 wrote:
May 18th, 2011 1:17 pm
I guess I should have been more specific when I mentioned "Tried Apple Canada but they won't budge". This means that I had contacted our Apple Canada corporate sales representative.

I believe I clearly mentioned in my first post that:

a) I needed 150 Apple iPads for a client.
b) I had tried various points of contact (apple.ca, Apple Canada Corporate Sales, retail resellers).
c) I was looking for suggestions from this online community.

I'm not sure how much more specific I could have been. Even if there was some confusion with my request for suggestions, a simple PM or post reply would have sufficed. I would have gladly provided additional details.

Cheers!

That's the problem of the original post. If you state that outright half the posts would have been eliminated. It's like tech support. If you simply say "my computer doesn't work". The first response would be "did you plug it in?".

We can make assumptions on your behalf, but if the assumption is wrong then the discussions wouldn't get anywhere either. It's a lose-lose situation. And since this is a public forum every post is subjected to be criticized. You'll learn to ignore the haters, and you don't have to respond to every post.

As for you actual problem, if indeed you have exhausted all the "normal" channels, then yeah you have to be creative. If your Apple corporate sales rep doesn't let you buy 150, maybe ask for 50. You can try getting the rest through authorized dealers and distributor (again break down your order to make it easier to fill). You might need to hire people to line up at the Apple store to whatever stock they have that day, or you can try to get more thorugh Kijiji/Craiglist/Ebay (since most people are hoarding them anyway).
There's a sucker born every minute.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2005
7262 posts
218 upvotes
Toronto
i don't see how any retailer would have or hold 150 to sell you. The ipad's sell themselves. More importantly, unless you pitch that your picking up 150 Ipad 2's with accessories, they have no benefit of selling them to you in bulk instead of individually where customers may pick up warranties and accessories.