Shopping Discussion

I need to purchase 150 Apple iPad 2 tablets!...

• Last Updated:
  • May 19th, 2011 7:04 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 15, 2009
688 posts
163 upvotes
sixer wrote:
May 17th, 2011 6:34 pm
Playbook with flash support and overall better performing tablet is a no brainer, especially for corporate.
I may not be current on my Playbook vs. iPad 2 comparisons, but I have not read a single review saying that Playbook had better performance then the iPad 2 in any category.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1742 upvotes
Wow Sorry to hear your situation dude, getting that many Ipad 2 is going to be a real problem and regardless of money spent. Craigslist is your best bet but I doubt your client wants old/third party brought Ipad. Hopefully you are not into a contractual obligation of some sort to fullfill by the required time, otherwise it is going to be a very stressfull situation.

Best of luck
Nothing is true, everything is permitted - Ezio Auditore.
[OP]
Aug 1, 2007
641 posts
49 upvotes
1226 wrote:
May 18th, 2011 4:18 pm
Why do you need Ipads? Get them 150 of these, way cheaper:

[IMG]http://marcmgraham.com/wp-content/uploa ... Newton.jpg[/IMG]

LOL!

I like the way you think 1226... That's exactly what I'm going to suggest.

All kidding aside, we have found a legit way and the order is being placed!

...Now I'm going back to my real job and leaving the rest to our buyers to manage.

Cheers!
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10068 posts
625 upvotes
Mississauga
The Playbook would be better for a corporate structure. I'm also assuming the company gives them Blackberrys, so I would only make sense to get the Playbook. Syncing would be extremely beneficial.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7127 posts
1742 upvotes
Tijuana wrote:
May 18th, 2011 4:57 pm
The Playbook would be better for a corporate structure. I'm also assuming the company gives them Blackberrys, so I would only make sense to get the Playbook. Syncing would be extremely beneficial.

That is true - we have Blackberrys at work and the IT department is considering getting Playbooks for the ease of use and productivity, they recently had a staff survey and overwhelmingly people are interested in it.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted - Ezio Auditore.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 1, 2010
5148 posts
1202 upvotes
Kanata
Why are so many people suggesting different things when the client wants and can obviously afford iPads. Its plain idiotic to go educate a client about what they want. If theyre ready to spend that much, theyve done the research.

Anyway, I found it funny you went to FS/BB to get 150 ipads lol
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Banned
Aug 12, 2010
4875 posts
148 upvotes
What do you mean they won't budge? Ipads are used by corporate customers who buy them in bulks. They should have at least suggested ways for you to purchase 150. I smell a troll post...
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2005
4302 posts
210 upvotes
Farm
number8888 wrote:
May 18th, 2011 3:41 pm
That's the problem of the original post. If you state that outright half the posts would have been eliminated. It's like tech support. If you simply say "my computer doesn't work". The first response would be "did you plug it in?".

We can make assumptions on your behalf, but if the assumption is wrong then the discussions wouldn't get anywhere either. It's a lose-lose situation. And since this is a public forum every post is subjected to be criticized. You'll learn to ignore the haters, and you don't have to respond to every post.

As for you actual problem, if indeed you have exhausted all the "normal" channels, then yeah you have to be creative. If your Apple corporate sales rep doesn't let you buy 150, maybe ask for 50. You can try getting the rest through authorized dealers and distributor (again break down your order to make it easier to fill). You might need to hire people to line up at the Apple store to whatever stock they have that day, or you can try to get more thorugh Kijiji/Craiglist/Ebay (since most people are hoarding them anyway).

who gives a **** if the original post didn't say that.

and what assumptions?!?! he asked for iPad 2's for a client. end of ****in story, no assumptions or recommendations can be made.

the point is, he asked for iPad 2's and he:

- got iPad 1 suggestion
- got playbook suggestions
- got android tablet suggestions

:facepalm:

bunch of virgin trolls on this forum (not directed to you)

OP, i wish i could help. if i find anything i'll send you a PM

/rant
ib4 get a blog.
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
14224 posts
1094 upvotes
al3x89 wrote:
May 18th, 2011 11:45 pm
the point is, he asked for iPad 2's and he:

- got iPad 1 suggestion
- got playbook suggestions
- got android tablet suggestions

:facepalm:

bunch of virgin trolls on this forum (not directed to you)

This, idk why these people feel at all qualified to suggest other products without even knowing what the ops "clients" needs are. Maybe they need native email support, you know what pretty much any smart device has had since 1999... except the playbook. :facepalm: I'm surprised nobody has suggested netbooks yet.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Banned
May 3, 2009
6148 posts
775 upvotes
Ojam wrote:
May 19th, 2011 12:07 am
This, idk why these people feel at all qualified to suggest other products without even knowing what the ops "clients" needs are. Maybe they need native email support, you know what pretty much any smart device has had since 1999... except the playbook. :facepalm: I'm surprised nobody has suggested netbooks yet.
This would've been ideal for OP's client needs:

[IMG]http://oldcomputers.net/pics/osborne1.jpg[/IMG]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2003
9097 posts
1123 upvotes
Vancouver
TheRed wrote:
May 19th, 2011 12:33 am
This would've been ideal for OP's client needs:

[IMG]http://oldcomputers.net/pics/osborne1.jpg[/IMG]

That's some sweet dual 5 1/4" drive action right there. Think of all the KB's you could be transferring!
General Radek had some good ideas.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 27, 2008
6964 posts
63 upvotes
Ottawa
radar2000 wrote:
May 18th, 2011 11:06 am
Thanks for the responses everyone (minus the trolls).

Our client is specifically looking for the iPad 2.

Cheers!
Some people seem to not understand that. If it were your call and you were asking for 150 of the best tablet, this would be an entirely different discussion. But obviously it isn't your decision, the client just wants iPad2s (for whatever reason, good or bad), so everyone recommending BB Playbooks or Android Tablets (I do personally love the android platform, but its largely irrelevant here) is an idiot.

The people who recommended you contact corporate head office have it right. I'd say go straight to apple and skip over other resellers. Buying that type of quantity you can get a better deal probably straight from the manufacturer than going through a reseller like best buy, who with that volume may end up paying the same amount as you, but in order to profit off it, would have to sell it at a higher rate even if you are buying in volume as well.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2007
2253 posts
93 upvotes
number8888 wrote:
May 17th, 2011 4:25 pm
This would be a corporate order and you shouldn't go through the consumer channels.

Definitely. Plus you might get a deal with some sort of letter stating the use of the iPad 2 from the company you work for.
Deal Guru
Apr 24, 2006
10068 posts
625 upvotes
Mississauga
Ojam wrote:
May 19th, 2011 12:07 am

Are you somehow implying business of any structure never makes decisions that make you go :facepalm: ? If their corporate structure uses Blackberrys, it ONLY makes sense to get a playbook. If they want to get it for "style" then yes, they are definitely getting it for all the wrong reasons.