Entrepreneurship & Small Business

I need to ship big & heavy box, what's next?

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2018 12:19 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 3, 2006
235 posts
82 upvotes
Montreal

I need to ship big & heavy box, what's next?

I need to ship a 90 x 80 x 80 cm / 100lbs (50kg) box to Canada and another one to USA.

Usually, I go through Canadapost's website and do my quotes but this time, the website says I exceed the maximum weight AND size.. So i'm not sure what to do. Is there a known and affordable alternative or can I still go with Canadapost somehow?

Thanks
2 replies
Dec 15, 2015
565 posts
357 upvotes
Toronto
Voltz23 wrote:
May 20th, 2018 4:23 pm
I need to ship a 90 x 80 x 80 cm / 100lbs (50kg) box to Canada and another one to USA.

Usually, I go through Canadapost's website and do my quotes but this time, the website says I exceed the maximum weight AND size.. So i'm not sure what to do. Is there a known and affordable alternative or can I still go with Canadapost somehow?

Thanks
We ship stuff that size via UPS all the time. It's expensive, I think $600-$700 to get it there next day. The contents of the package are in the mid 5 figure range though so shipping isn't really that expensive relative to what's in the package.
Feb 4, 2017
190 posts
97 upvotes
Toronto
Look at freight shipping options.

FedEx if you can secure a good rate, Peace of mind Couriers if its local for freight, also cardinal couriers.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)