I need a Snowblower

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2017 3:19 pm
[OP]
Aug 22, 2009
613 posts
46 upvotes

I need a Snowblower

My Toro 1 Stage is on it's last leg. I bought it used off kijiji and it's served me well, but my mechanic told me last year not to put any more money into it.

Lowes has this one on sale until the end of the day today: https://www.lowes.ca/snow-blowers/brigg ... PID=749547

It has mixed reviews online.

It's a significant discount and I don't want to miss the deal if it's a good deal.

Is anyone familiar with this machine, any feedback?

I'd love a Honda, but I don't think $2,000+ is in the budget right now
14 replies
Oct 21, 2009
218 posts
30 upvotes
I heard good things about the Briggs models.

I'm waiting to see if Sears will start their sell-offs soon.
Jan 15, 2013
655 posts
72 upvotes
Mississauga
Should we be investing in something expensive like that? First time home owner and I happen to be in the snowbelt :(
Jul 20, 2012
489 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
I would see if Sears has any. You may save with the liquidation sale starting next week.
I bought a Craftsman snow blower in 2010. It's been pretty reliable even though it doesn't get much use due to lack of snow the past few years.
[OP]
Aug 22, 2009
613 posts
46 upvotes
This Lowes sale ends today.

I don't want to miss out.

Possible to buy one and leave it in the box for a few weeks and return it if a better sale comes along?
Feb 17, 2012
433 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
I doubt you would get a better deal now... Why not try used again off Kijiji? I personally have a new Toro and it works phenomenal for the last 3 years. Keep in mind the 2 stage will not clean as well and the 1 stage. But obviously the 2 stage is much more powerful and reliable
May 22, 2009
15 posts
2 upvotes
Capital City
Anyone using a two-stage Snow Joe? I like the many benefits of a battery-powered snowblower (reliability, quietness, ease of storage and gas-free), but I do worry it won't cut it in my Ottawa driveway
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
3599 posts
641 upvotes
Alberta
Toro 621QZE single stage is what I have. Awesome snowblower for what I need it for and works great for a 2 car driveway. The Quick Shoot option is really handy and always starts on 1 or 2 pulls. Never had to use the electric start on it yet. I think the new ones are the 721 models with a slightly larger engine. My neighbor has a single stage Cub Cadet from Lowes and it was a lot cheaper than my Toro and it seems to work good.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2005
1388 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
jackrabbit000 wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 4:09 pm
Toro 621QZE single stage is what I have. Awesome snowblower for what I need it for and works great for a 2 car driveway. The Quick Shoot option is really handy and always starts on 1 or 2 pulls. Never had to use the electric start on it yet. I think the new ones are the 721 models with a slightly larger engine. My neighbor has a single stage Cub Cadet from Lowes and it was a lot cheaper than my Toro and it seems to work good.
Anyone know if the Toro single stage blowers ever go on sale?
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
1853 posts
27 upvotes
anom wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 4:41 pm
Anyone know if the Toro single stage blowers ever go on sale?
You are in luck, right now 9% off, but this is the smaller 18”, also less power, personally I would go for the 21” if you can

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.powe ... 11642.html

Oops, just realize someone already mention above exact same deal

Anyhow, the Toro are great machines
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2005
1388 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
rogerrabbit168 wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 5:20 pm
You are in luck, right now 9% off, but this is the smaller 18”, also less power, personally I would go for the 21” if you can

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.powe ... 11642.html

Oops, just realize someone already mention above exact same deal

Anyhow, the Toro are great machines
Thanks! I actually am looking for 18". I had a 24" and it just took up too much storage space. Would the 18" be powerful enough for Toronto?

9% off doesn't seem like much, Rona's scratch and save 15-100% this weekend is even better. I guess that's the best deal for a Toro.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
1853 posts
27 upvotes
anom wrote:
Oct 21st, 2017 7:17 pm
Thanks! I actually am looking for 18". I had a 24" and it just took up too much storage space. Would the 18" be powerful enough for Toronto?

9% off doesn't seem like much, Rona's scratch and save 15-100% this weekend is even better. I guess that's the best deal for a Toro.
I don't believe Rona and Lowes carry Toro snowblowers as I never see them in store, also checked their websites and it doesn't show Toro snowblower

the 21" has bigger engine, so can throw snow further, also would clear the driveway faster as you are covering more space per each passing, you can see the specs on Toro website

https://www.toro.com/en-ca/homeowner/sn ... 8-zr-38472

https://www.toro.com/en-ca/homeowner/sn ... 21-r-38741

I love my Toros, got a 1 stage (21") and 2 stage (24"), just changed the oils/spark plug last week, so I'm prepare for winter, hahaha
Images
  • Toro.jpg
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
1272 posts
511 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Too early, still need to mow the grass a few more times.
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2001
1830 posts
204 upvotes
Waterlooo
jmikelittle wrote:
Oct 12th, 2017 3:46 pm
Anyone using a two-stage Snow Joe? I like the many benefits of a battery-powered snowblower (reliability, quietness, ease of storage and gas-free), but I do worry it won't cut it in my Ottawa driveway
I have an AC powered snow joe that I got super cheap. Cord is annoying, but the size of an electric snow blower is a big plus. A big no if you live in the country, but for a house in the suburb its great. My dad gave me his old huge two stage snowblower, I used it once.. it did remove the snow much faster but it consumed so much space and was so freaking heavy to move around I never used it again and sold it.
If my current snow joe dies, the battery powered one is next on my list.