Home & Garden

I think I goofed up my laminate install, am I hooped?

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 17th, 2018 10:59 pm
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
11038 posts
1546 upvotes
Brampton
angrydingo wrote: Been avoiding the room and have about half of it off now. The carpet underlay is a pain. Any tricks to getting it off? It’s like glued down everywhere.
You can purchase a 6" sharp blade scraper at HD. It's weird to have underlay glued to the sub-floor unless it's over concrete.
The OFFICIAL Hardwood Flooring Thread
Voted RFD "Most Helpful Thread of 2012"
Nov 1, 2010
6145 posts
2957 upvotes
Kanata
This is an honest reply, never trust FIL or even your own father. They grew up in different times, there's a vast amount of knowledge on the internet, you don't have to take their word.
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2014
5217 posts
7141 upvotes
Toronto, ON
The carpet underlay must have set a new level for "floating" floors. I can't imagine how spongy it would feel walking on it.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2005
1124 posts
344 upvotes
Tabooger wrote: This is an honest reply, never trust FIL or even your own father. They grew up in different times, there's a vast amount of knowledge on the internet, you don't have to take their word.
Never listen to old people about Reno’s!!!!!!!!
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2015
1268 posts
655 upvotes
York Region
He was probably legitimately thinking he was saving you time and money. These things happen, good thing you are going to do it the right way now.
Sep 28, 2011
569 posts
241 upvotes
Alberta
bacalhau4me wrote: He was probably legitimately thinking he was saving you time and money. These things happen, good thing you are going to do it the right way now.
He was and I’m very appreciative for the help he’s given me over the years. We did the front entranceway with vinyl tile and that worked well. This is the first time it didn’t work out.

Floor is now in, though a bunch of planks had to be replaced as they were damaged. Just need to put the baseboards back on and clean the area.
Sep 28, 2011
569 posts
241 upvotes
Alberta
er34er34 wrote: The carpet underlay must have set a new level for "floating" floors. I can't imagine how spongy it would feel walking on it.
It was actually rather pleasant. Certainly put a spring in my step...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)