Shopping Discussion

I want to create a website/blog. Where should I go?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 13th, 2016 2:25 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
6771 posts
35362 upvotes

I want to create a website/blog. Where should I go?

Hi RFD family.

I want to have a website/blog [removed]

What should I do?
Where can I do it?
Do I have to purchase a domain? If so where is the best place to purchase it.
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5439 posts
370 upvotes
Toronto
Since you are new to this. I will suggest go on TUMBLR website - signup and start your blog. Once you have been doing it for 3+ Months get a domain (because you should know by then how serious you are). Its relatively easy to connect your domain to your tumblr blog.

I don't know - but generally speaking most people do loose interest / incentive in their ideas. As steve jobs said, you have to be crazy to be able to keep going at it :p

Alternatively, I can do a total custom job for you to your satisfaction and charge you $1000+ :p
For Sale:
  • DSLR Slider
Deal Guru
Apr 23, 2004
10119 posts
104089 upvotes
Montreal
Hi there,

What kind of blog? Bad drivers? *lol* I was thinking of doing something on the line, but it's a lot of work. *lol*

Ju Leon...
Oct 7, 2013
54 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I would recommend tumblr or blogspot or wordpress. All are free to get you started and capable of achieving the look you're going for. You can always upgrade your domain once you feel like you have enough readership or you're ready to commit to the website for good. A lot of times people start a website, do a few posts and never post again.
May 20, 2010
786 posts
101 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote:
Apr 11th, 2016 11:09 pm
Are you just posting costco deals or something? Cause it's been done....
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
21084 posts
10545 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
inferno_gn wrote:
Apr 11th, 2016 10:07 pm
Hi there,

What kind of blog? Bad drivers? *lol* I was thinking of doing something on the line, but it's a lot of work. *lol*

Ju Leon...
what does Ju Leon even mean?
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao