Computers & Electronics

I want to plan and build this crazy computer setup!

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 28th, 2016 5:01 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2013
1268 posts
82 upvotes
Vaughan

I want to plan and build this crazy computer setup!

This may seem impossible but I want this to be my next winter project.
What do you guys think? Where can I get a desk similar to this? I'm thinking of getting something basic from IKEA and then adding the glass myself. It's going to take a while but it's defiantly worth it. I have most of the parts already.
7 replies
Banned
May 3, 2009
6148 posts
781 upvotes
Id rather have big luxury executive desk made off solid polished oak woods and have the machine tucked away from view (machine will still have crazy maxed specs). Then have multiple wireless displays. So it will be elegant and wire-less.
Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
7398 posts
1338 upvotes
PC rice, all show and no spunk !
History: Happened in the automotive world from the late 80's to early 2000's ...LoL

Deal Guru
May 9, 2006
12805 posts
3477 upvotes
I recently built a desk using lots of Ikea parts, so I got a pretty good sense on what they offer.

Not sure if they have much to offer you though. They really don't have a 6" thick table top that can be used to house the PC. Also if you use their legs, the table height would be around 35". There's an adjustable table where the legs can go really small and could be used as the base, but $620 is way too expensive of a starting price. http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/produ ... /S59022528 That defeats the whole purpose of starting with Ikea furniture.

Honestly making the table from scratch is probably the best way.
TheRed wrote: Id rather have big luxury executive desk made off solid polished oak woods and have the machine tucked away from view (machine will still have crazy maxed specs). Then have multiple wireless displays. So it will be elegant and wire-less.
This was my dream desk: http://www.roche-bobois.com/en-CA/produ ... small-desk

But I didn't have the room for it... or the budget. It has cable management, but that's not quite enough to offset the $70K+ price tag.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5259 posts
3660 upvotes
Westmount (Montreal)
This is so ugly.

It must be distracting as hell gaming on this thing.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
vonblock wrote: This is so ugly.
In the eye of the beholder I guess.

The most surprising thing to me about the whole thing is using those really cheap, near-unreadable LCDs inside for the temp readouts. Probably should have went with LED ones or backlit ones at least. I mean the whole thing looks pretty impressive and then you've got some cheap $2 eBay displays in there :confused:

vonblock wrote: It must be distracting as hell gaming on this thing.
Surely one would turn off the UV/lighting in the desk before gaming.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)